Single Trip Travel Insurance
JS Travel Insurance covers Single Trip Travel Insurance. Our policies are comprehensive and can be a cost-effective solution and peace of mind if your travel plans include one trip away from your home. We can cover the UK, Europe and Worldwide Three Levels of Cover: Silver, Gold, or Platinum Medical Expenses (£5m), Cancellation and Personal Liability No…
JS Travel Insurance covers Single Trip Travel Insurance. Our policies are comprehensive and can be a cost-effective solution and peace of mind if your travel plans include one trip away from your home.
- We can cover the UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Three Levels of Cover: Silver, Gold, or Platinum
- Medical Expenses (£5m), Cancellation and Personal Liability
- No excess on the Platinum Policy
- The age limit is 65 years of age
- Single Trip up to 180 days
- Repatriation back to the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands
- Trip Cancellation and Curtailment
- Baggage and Valuables cover
- 24-Hour Multi-Lingual Emergency Assistance Telephone Number
- Add Wintersports and Sports & Activities to your quote
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Single Trip Travel Insurance FAQs
- Levels of Cover
- Single Trip Cover including Sports and Activities
- Single Trip Cover including Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation*||£5,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Cancellation or Curtailment*||-||£3,000||£7,500|
|Loss of Passport*||-||£300||£500|
|Missed Departure / Connection||-||£500||£500|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Healix Insurance Services Ltd, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.
Single Trip Travel Insurance FAQs
1. Is Single Trip Travel Insurance the same as a One Way Travel Insurance policy?
No. A single trip is when you book your Travel Insurance for the total duration of your trip. This needs to cover your pre-booked outward journey from the UK, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man and your pre-booked return journey to the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
One Way Travel Insurance is when you permanently leave the UK, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man, and will not be returning to the UK. We can provide this cover please contact us for a quote.
2. When does Cancellation cover start?
You will be covered for Cancellation from the date you purchase the Single Trip Insurance Policy.
3. How does this Single Trip cover me in a medical emergency?
You would be covered under the Emergency Medical Expenses up to £5m in any medical emergency and assistance.
The policy comes with a 24/7 Emergency Assistance line, which you can call in the case of an emergency, and they will arrange medical assistance on your behalf.
4. Is there an age limit on JS Single Trip Policies?
Yes, our age limit is 65. However, we can cover if you are older; please contact us at 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What is the most extended duration for a JS Single Trip Policy?
After 180 days, your policy becomes a Backpacker policy.
6. When does purchasing an Annual Travel Insurance Policy make sense?
If you travel three or more times a year, then it makes sense to have Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance.:
An Example: John, who is 40 years old, travels to Europe three times a year, two trips for Leisure and one for Winter Sports; all of John's trips are one week long.
- Trip 1 (Leisure): £9.19
- Trip 2 (Leisure): £9.19
- Trip 3 (Wintersports): £18.38
Single Trip Total: £36.76
Annual Multi-Trip Total: £41.83
Although the three single-trip policies are cheaper by a few pounds, you are restricted to the trip dates you've taken out cover for. An annual approach allows you to take multiple trips during the 12 months with a maximum trip length days of 31 days at a time.
This means you don't have to take out a policy every time you travel and can be more flexible and spontaneous.
7. Why are Europe Single Trip policies cheaper than the Rest of the World's destinations?
Europe has cheaper health costs and Reciprocal Health Agreements with the UK, such as the Global Health Insurance Card GHIC. Also, holidays and travel outside of Europe are more expensive; thus, Cancellation claims are higher.
8. Can I change my destination after I have left on my single trip policy?
Yes, you can as long as you inform us and advise that there are no pending claims and you have yet to travel to the new country or region. There will be an increase in premium if you change from Europe to Worldwide.
9. Will a JS travel insurance policy cover my Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
10. Can I use my GHIC card in Europe?
A Global Health Insurance Card lets you get medically necessary State Hospital Treatment in Europe at a reduced cost or sometimes for free. They are valid if you travel to a European Union country or are eligible in Switzerland.
This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance as it does not include Repatriation and many other advantages of a travel insurance policy, such as Search and Rescue, Cancellation, and Personal Baggage.
Level of Cover
Since travellers have different needs and requirements, the premiums will vary according to the level of coverage you need. When selecting yPolicylicy, make sure you choose a suitable level.
Medical Cover: All the policies online provide £5,000,000 coverage for Medical Expenses and Repatriation back to the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands. This also covers COVID-19.
Cancellation or Curtailment Cover: Ensure you have adequate Cancellation or Curtailment cover to protect your trip costs for pre-booked flights and accommodation, especially if you have just booked a holiday and the trip is far in advance.
If you or a family member unexpectedly get ill and can no longer go on your trip, you will benefit from this cover. This benefit starts from the moment you purchase a policy.
Covid-19 Cover is included in all of our policies for Cancellation or Curtailment.
Personal Property and Valuables Cover: If you travel with expensive items such as cameras and jewellery, you should select a policy covering these items.
Check that the Single Item Limit for Personal Property or Valuables is sufficient and what protection it offers (i.e. against loss or theft).
Single Trip Cover including Sports and Activities
If your Single Trip involves any particular Sport or Activity, you must ensure it is listed on the policy.
Policylicy will automatically cover sports and Activities with a low hazardous such as:
- Cycling (Leisure)
- Fishing (Inland Waters)
- Sailing / Yachting / Motor Cruising (Inside Territorial Waters)
- and More
For other Sports and Activities with a higher risk, there may be an additional premium to pay, which will be calculated automatically on the quote page. You can select multiple Sports and Activities on the calculator.
If you wish, you can add Sports and Activities to Policylicy after purchasing the Travel Insurance. Please contact us by telephone or email, and we can let you know if there is an extra premium to pay.
Single Trip Travel Insurance Durations
We can cover from 1-day Trip to 180-day trips in duration
- You must have pre-booked travel tickets and accommodation
- The insurance must be booked from the day you depart (start date) to the date you return (end-date) for it to be a valid policy
- If you take more than one trip that is not longer than 31 days in duration then, an Annual Policy will work out a better value.
- Don't book just for the days you participate in a Sport and Activity; the policy will not be valid. Departure date to return date
- You can book a policy up to 180 days before you depart; that way, you are covered for Cancellation
- Single Trip Cover including Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have any pre-existing Medical Conditions, you must declare them to ensure the policy is valid and minimise the chance of rejected claims. For example: