Single Trip Travel Insurance
Depending on your plans, a Single Trip Travel Insurance policy might be the best option. Our policies are comprehensive and can be a cost-effective solution if your travel plans include one trip away from your home. You can select a Region if you are planning to travel to more than one country on your trip. Three Levels of Cover: Silver, Gold or Platinum. Medical…
Depending on your plans, a Single Trip Travel Insurance policy might be the best option. Our policies are comprehensive and can be a cost-effective solution if your travel plans include one trip away from your home. You can select a Region if you are planning to travel to more than one country on your trip.
- Three Levels of Cover: Silver, Gold or Platinum.
- Medical Expenses (£10m), Cancellation and Overseas Return Quarantine Cover for Covid-19.
- Age Limit is 75 years of age.
- Single Trip up to 90 days.
- Repatriation back to the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands.
- Trip Cancellation and Curtailment.
- Baggage and Valuables cover.
- 24-Hour Multi-Lingual Emergency Assistance Telephone Number.
- Add Wintersports and Sports & Activities to your quote.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Single Trip Travel Insurance FAQs
- Levels of Travel Insurance Cover
- Sports and Activities
- Global Health Insurance Card
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- European Resident or Already Travelled
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Gadget Cover can be added to the quote page at an additional premium.
**Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Single Trip Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Single Trip Travel Insurance FAQs
1. Is Single Trip Travel Insurance the same as a One Way Travel Insurance policy?
No. Single Trip is when you book your Travel Insurance from when you depart to the day you return to your home. One Way Travel Insurance is when you are leaving the UK and returning permanently to your home country or emigrating to another country.
2. When does Cancellation cover start?
Once you have bought your Single Trip Policy and it has been issued, you are covered for cancellation.
3. Is there an age limit on JS Single Trip Policies?
Yes, our age limit is 75 years of age, however, we can cover you if you are older, please contact us: email@example.com or 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757.
4. What is the longest duration for a JS Single Trip Policy?
93 days or just over 13 weeks (3 months), thereafter your Policy becomes a Backpacker policy.
5. When does it make sense to purchase an Annual Travel Insurance Policy?
Normally when you travel more than twice a year it works out cheaper, it is also much easier to just book one policy per year rather than several Single Trip Policies.
6. Why are Europe Single Trip policies cheaper than the Rest of the World destinations?
Europe has cheaper health costs and Reciprocal Health Agreements with the UK such as the GHIC card. Also, holidays and travel outside of Europe are more expensive and thus Cancellation claims are higher.
7. How can you make the cost of your Single Trip Policy cheaper?
We have written a Blog on the 10 ways to make your Travel Insurance cheaper. See HERE.
8. Can I change my destination after I have left on my single trip policy?
Yes, you can as long as you inform us and advise that there are no pending claims and you have yet to travel to the new country or region. There will be an increase in premium if you change regions say from Europe to Worldwide.
9. Will JS policy cover my pre-existing Medical Conditions for my trip?
10. What cover for Covid-19 do you provide?
Cancellation if you test positive within 14 days of departure, Medical Expenses abroad if you test positive for Covid-19 and Overseas Return Quarantine if you are denied boarding on your return leg of your journey.
Levels of Travel Insurance Cover
Since travellers have different needs and requirements, the premiums will vary according to the level of cover you need. When selecting your policy, make sure you choose a suitable level.
All the policies online provide £10,000,000 cover for Medical Expenses and Repatriation back to the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands. This also covers Covid-19.
Cancellation or Curtailment Cover
Ensure you have adequate Cancellation or Curtailment cover to protect your trip costs for pre-booked flights and accommodation, especially if you have just booked a holiday and the trip is far in advance.
Cancellation or Curtailment will also cover pre-booked excursions up to £250 that you cannot recover following your necessary cancellation of the trip.
If you or a member of your family unexpectedly get ill and can no longer go on your trip, you will benefit from this cover. This benefit starts from the moment you purchase the policy.
The Covid-19 cover is included on all of our policies for cancellation or curtailment.
Personal Property and Valuables Cover
If you are travelling with expensive items such as cameras and jewellery, you should select a policy that covers these items.
Check that the Single Item Limit for Personal Property or Valuables is sufficient and what protection it offers (i.e. against loss or theft).
We can also provide cover for Gadgets and this can be selected on the quote page.
Sports and Activities
If your Single Trip involves any particular Sport or Activity, then you need to ensure that it is listed on your policy.
Sports and Activities with a low hazardous rating will be automatically covered by the policy (please check the Policy Wording for a full list).
For other Sports and Activities which carry a higher risk, there may be an additional premium to pay which will be calculated automatically for you on the quote page. You can select multiple Sports and Activities on the calculator.
You can if you wish add Sports and Activities to the policy after you have purchased the Travel Insurance. Please contact us by telephone or email and we can let you know if there is an extra premium to pay.
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st of January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternity care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note: This is not a substitute for a Single Trip Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on the cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, you must declare to ensure the policy is valid and minimise the chance of claims being rejected.
Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Single Trip Travel Insurance policy can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine - additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you or anyone on this policy are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.
European Resident or Already Travelled
Globelink International offers Single Trip policies if you live in another European country.
This policy will also cover you if you have already left your home country and are already travelling.
Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.