Heart Attack Travel Insurance
If you have had a Heart Attack in the past, you must have a Travel Insurance policy before leaving on your trip.
In most cases, we can only offer Single Trip cover for those with a Heart Attack.
It is possible to get an Annual Multi-Trip policy depending on the answers to the medical questions and where you travel during the year.
To contact us by telephone, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757.
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
JS Travel Insurance has partnered with Goodtogoinsurance.com to provide this Travel Insurance that covers Heart Attacks. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked several questions. These will include:
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- How long ago was your most recent procedure?
- Did you suffer a Heart Attack at any time before your most recent heart procedure?
- Have you ever had any symptoms of Angina (e.g. chest pain, tightness) since your last system?
- Have you had a Heart Attack at any time after your most recent heart procedure?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without shortness of breath?
- Have you been advised to take Medication for High Blood Pressure?
- Have you been advised to take Medication to lower your Cholesterol level?
When planning your holiday, there are several things to consider:
- Do not travel too soon after a Heart Attack.
- Do not travel if your condition is unstable.
- Do not travel to an area that is at a high altitude.
- Do not indulge in any strenuous Activities or Sports.
- Plan a relaxed trip without a busy schedule.
It is essential to ensure that, if you are travelling after a Heart Attack, you plan for yourself a relaxed trip that will not have you over-exerting yourself. When choosing the type of holiday and location of the holiday, do consider the following points:
- Avoid strenuous activity or areas that will involve over-exertion.
- Make sure your hotel has a lift.
- Do not visit an area requiring you to walk long distances, up steep inclines or several steps.
- Avoid any extremes of climate.
- Avoid any day trips that may over-exert you.
- Use wheelie suitcases, which you will not have to lift or carry.
- Ask for assistance at the Airport and Hotel in advance.
- Avoid long bouts of air travel.
- Travel by land or sea when possible.
- Ensure you are properly immunised, as infection or illness can pose a greater risk to your health.
- Carry sufficient amounts of Medication for the trip, with extras in case of delay or other emergencies.