Important Information About Our Policies
Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel.
Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Heart Attack Travel Insurance
If you have had a Heart Attack in the post, it is very important that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave on your trip.
In most cases, we will only be able to offer Single Trip cover for those who have had a Heart Attack. It is possible to get an Annual Multi Trip policy depending on the answers to the medical questions and depending on where you are travelling to during the year.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
- Summary of Cover
- Travel Insurance Extras
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Useful Website
- Important Information
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Travel Insurance Extras
|Extension Benefit||Europe (per person)||Worldwide (per person)|
Extends your policy to provide cover if you miss your pre-booked connecting Aircraft, Watercraft or Train as a result of the cancellation, or delay of 3 or more hours, on your initial international outward or return journey, due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or technical fault.
The policy provides cover up to £500 for additional transportation and/or accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to join your connecting Aircraft, Watercraft, Train or Motor vehicle or to get you to your pre-booked final destination.
We will pay up to £1,000 for the intrinsic value or cost of repair of your Gadgets (maximum £500 per Gadget), which are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whilst you are away on your trip. Unauthorised calls if your mobile phone is stolen up to £75
We can cover the following Gadgets: Mobile phones, ipads and tablet computers, e-readers, sat nav, ipods and MP3 players, cassette players/CD players, computer games machines and any equipment used with them such as CDs, games, tapes, cassettes or cartridges.
You must take reasonable care of your Gadgets and not leave them unattended in a public place. You must own the item and be able to provide proof of ownership. Allowance will be made for wear and tear and depreciation
Covers your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable transport, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you not wish to travel due to an act of terrorism occurring prior to your outbound travel date and within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
If you have already travelled, your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions and either your pre-booked return travel costs, or the cost of your curtailment travel costs, whichever is the greater up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you wish to return home due to an act of terrorism occurring within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
Epidemic or Pandemic Travel Restriction
£50 for each full 24 hour period up to a maximum of £500.
A benefit payable if, when you are abroad, you are prevented from leaving a country due to restrictions in travel caused by an epidemic or pandemic and will help with the cost of additional accommodation and living expenses.
The cover is not applicable under the following circumstances; You are travelling against Foreign Office or World Health Organisation advice or you have travelled to an area where the possibility of an epidemic or pandemic occurrence has already been announced.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions. These will include:
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- How long ago was your most recent procedure ?
- At any time before your most recent heart procedure, did you suffer a Heart Attack ?
- Have you ever had any symptoms of Angina (eg chest pain, chest tightness) since your last procedure ?
- Have you had a Heart Attack at any time after your most recent heart procedure ?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication to lower your Cholesterol level ?
When planning your holiday, there are a number of things to consider:
- Do not travel too soon after a Heart Attack.
- Do not travel if your condition is unstable.
- Do not travel to an area that is at a high altitude.
- Do not indulge in any strenuous Activities or Sports.
- Plan a relaxed trip without a busy schedule.
It is important to ensure that, if you are travelling after a Heart Attack, you plan for yourself a relaxed trip that will not have you over exerting yourself. When choosing the type of holiday and location of holiday, do consider the following points:
- Avoid strenuous activity or locations that will involve over exertion.
- Make sure your hotel has a lift.
- Do not visit an area that will require you to walk long distances, up steep inclines or a number of steps.
- Avoid any extremes of climate.
- Avoid any day trips that may over exert you.
- Use wheelie suitcases, which you will not have to lift or carry.
- Ask for assistance at the Airport and Hotel in advance.
- Avoid long bouts of air travel.
- Travel by land or sea when possible.
- Make sure you are properly immunised, as infection or illness can pose a greater risk to your health.
- Carry sufficient amounts of Medication for the trip, with extras in case of delay or other emergencies.
Heart Attacks normally occur in people with Coronary Heart Disease which is caused by Atherosclerosis.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover a Heart Attack or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.