Heart Attack Travel Insurance
A Heart Attack occurs when the blood flow to the heart is severely obstructed or even cut off. The main cause of Heart Attacks is the accumulation of cholesterol, fats and other substances in coronary arteries. Due to the limited amount or even lack of blood that is able to enter the heart, the amount of oxygen is also greatly limited. As oxygen is vital for the heart to keep working properly, a lack of it causes the heart to slow down or stop beating altogether.
In most cases, we will only be able to offer Single Trip cover for those who have had a Heart Attack. However it is possible to get an Annual Policy depending on the answers to the medical questions.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands. If you are a Resident of the Republic of Ireland, please call us for a quote.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Heart Attack Medical Questions
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions. These will include:
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- How long ago was your most recent procedure ?
- At any time BEFORE your most recent heart procedure, did you suffer a Heart Attack ?
- Have you EVER had any symptoms of Angina (eg chest pain, chest tightness) since your last procedure ?
- Have you had a Heart Attack at any time AFTER your most recent heart procedure ?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication to lower your Cholesterol level ?
If you are travelling with others, we can include them on the policy, even if they do not have any pre existing medical conditions.
Travel Advice after a Heart Attack
When planning your holiday, there are a number of things to consider:
- Do not travel too soon after a Heart Attack.
- Do not travel if your condition is unstable.
- Do not travel to an area that is at a high altitude.
- Do not indulge in any strenuous Activities or Sports.
- Plan a relaxed trip without a busy schedule.
It is important to ensure that, if you are travelling after a Heart Attack, you plan for yourself a relaxed trip that will not have you over exerting yourself. When choosing the type of holiday and location of holiday, do consider the following points:
- Avoid strenuous activity or locations that will involve over exertion.
- Make sure your hotel has a lift.
- Do not visit an area that will require you to walk long distances, up steep inclines or a number of steps.
- Avoid any extremes of climate.
- Avoid any day trips that may over exert you.
- Use wheelie suitcases, which you will not have to lift or carry.
- Ask for assistance at the Airport and Hotel in advance.
- Avoid long bouts of air travel.
- Travel by land or sea when possible.
- Make sure you are properly immunised, as infection or illness can pose a greater risk to your health.
- Carry sufficient amounts of Medication for the trip, with extras in case of delay or other emergencies.
Heart Attacks normally occur in people with Coronary Heart Disease which is caused by Atherosclerosis.
Signs of a Heart Attack
- Pain or chest discomfort
- Discomfort in one or both arms, back, neck, jaw and stomach
- Shortness of breath
- Over whelming feeling of anxiety
- Fainting or breaking out into a cold sweat
The risk factors are Smoking, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Obesity, Excessive Alcohol Consumption and Chronic High Stress Levels.
Heart Attacks are very common and are one of the main reasons of death in England. Heart Attacks affect around 111,000 people and occur in people are over the age of 45. Men are also more likely to have Heart Attacks than Women.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover a Heart Attack or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.