Group Travel Insurance
JS Travel Insurance has been covering Groups for over 15 years, be it a School or Club going to a Football Tournament, a ski weekend for a company, a rugby club on tour, a cultural visit for a school to Florence or a large group of people going on a week or 2 week holiday. Group Travel Insurance lets you purchase a policy that will cover a group ofpeople and not…
JS Travel Insurance has been covering Groups for over 15 years, be it a School or Club going to a Football Tournament, a ski weekend for a company, a rugby club on tour, a cultural visit for a school to Florence or a large group of people going on a week or 2 week holiday.
Group Travel Insurance lets you purchase a policy that will cover a group ofpeople and not necessarily a family or a group of individuals, but for example can be a School or Religious Group that are travelling together abroad. You might be travelling with some friends to a Wedding, or to take part in Activities or Sports abroad with your Club, purchasing a Group policy might save you money and is easier that individual policies.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or 01273 773 017 firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide cover for Residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and British Forces Posted Overseas.
- 1. Summary of Cover (Per Person)
- 2. Prepare before you go
- 3. Ask the Group
- 4. Cover
- 5. The European Health Insurance Card ( EHIC )
- 6. Tips and Advice for Group Travel
1. Summary of Cover (Per Person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
2. Prepare before you go
Organizing a group trip or holiday can be stressful so make sure you have adequate travel insurance in good time before you go. Taking the insurance outwith JS Insurance is straightforward though and we are here to ensure you get the best Policy to cover your Group at the best price.
One benefit here is that each person doesn't have to arrange their own insurance : the organizer can sort the Policy for everyone in one go.
3. Ask the Group
The organizer should go out to everyone in the Group before he looks for quotes and ask the following questions :
- Do you or any of your family going on the trip have any pre existing medical conditions ?If yes , please refer them to us and we can arrange insurance for them which will cover their pre existing insurance. Or Click Here
- Do you or any of your family already have Annual travel insurance , insurance with their bank or with their credit cards. If so then does it cover the duration of this trip and any of the activities the group will be participating on the trip . ? If some of the Group already have insurance then this will reduce the overrall cost of the Group Insurance.
- Once you have found a Policy for the Group go out to them and send them a wording and/or a list of benefits to make sure they are fully informed of the Contents of the Insurance and they are all happy with it. Alternatively youcan just book the most comprehensive Cover.
Once this is established then get your list of names and ages and add thedetails to the JS Insurance calculator and we will calculate the premium.
Please note here that JS will calculate the insurance based on the ages of the Insured so it may be cheaper for the younger people in the group than the older ones. If you want a breakdown of each premium for each person then we will happily provide it.
Most of our groups contact us direct and we find the best Policy for themat the best rate but the Insurance can also be purchased online using the quote calculator above.
The insurance policy will be the same as it would be if it was an individual purchasing a Policy or a Family Policy.
Some Benefits of the Group Insurance Policy are likely to affect individuals within the group like Medical Expenses, Cancellation of loss of baggage andPersonal Effects . While the whole group may be effected by Travel Delay,Catastrophe or Failure of Carrier
Also make sure that you are covered if your Tour operator goes bankrupt and that your group holiday is covered by ATOL with End Supplier Failure Cover
5. The European Health Insurance Card ( EHIC )
If your group is going to an EU country then its advisable that each person in the Group has one of these cards which will enable you to get free or reduced cost Medical Care.
Note that these expire every 5 years so ensure that you EHIC card is up to date.
JS Travel Insurance has provided Group Travel Insurance for the following Activites
- Amateur Football Tournaments
- Amateur Rugby Tournaments
- Gymnastics Competition
- Dance Competition
- Ski Trips
- School Trips to European Cities
7. Tips and Advice for Group Travel
- Make sure there is a leader(s) and everyone knows who that is
- Book flights and accomodation ahead of time as much as possible as this will be cheaper
- Stick together, that way you are less likely to be a victim of crime and no one is left alone not knowing the local language.
- Plan ahead for where you are going to be. Ask at the hotel the areas notto go to in the city that you are going to be in.
- Get the 999 number for where you are so as if there is an emergency you are right on top of it
Please Note: The policies we provide cover anyone up to the age of 75 years, on a Single Trip or Annual policy. On a Backpacker policy the age limit is 45 years of age. If there are members of the Group who are older than this, we can provide cover, but they would need to be on a separate policy. You would need to contact us with the details for us to proivde a quote.
Please Note: Any Sports or Activities online do not provide Accidental Death & Disability Benefit or Personal Liability cover.
This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK. Travel Insurance Facilities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised by BaFin and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.