Group Travel Insurance
JS Travel Insurance has been covering groups for almost 20 years, be it a School or Sports Club going to a Football or Rugby Tournament, a company's ski weekend, a cultural visit for a School to Europe or a large group of people going on a weeks holiday together. Group Travel Insurance lets you purchase a policy that will cover a group of people and not necessarily a…
JS Travel Insurance has been covering groups for almost 20 years, be it a School or Sports Club going to a Football or Rugby Tournament, a company's ski weekend, a cultural visit for a School to Europe or a large group of people going on a weeks holiday together.
Group Travel Insurance lets you purchase a policy that will cover a group of people and not necessarily a family or a group of individuals, but for example can be a School or Religious Group that are travelling together. You might be travelling with some friends to a wedding, or to take part in Activities or Sports abroad with your Club, purchasing a group policy might save you money and is easier that individual policies.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or 01273 773 017 firstname.lastname@example.org
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
We provide cover for Residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and British Forces Posted Overseas.
- Summary of Cover (Per Person)
- Prepare before you go
- Ask the Group
- Cover Details
- The European Health Insurance Card ( EHIC )
- Tips and Advice for Group Travel
Summary of Cover (Per Person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Activity Group Travel Insurance
- Amateur Football Tournaments
- Amateur Rugby Tournaments
- Gymnastics Competition
- Dance Competition
- Ski Trips
- School Trips to Europe
Pre Existing Medical Conditions
If anyone in the group has a pre existing medical condition, we are able to provide cover for them. If you want to get a quote online, you can go to our dedicated website for pre existing medical conditions. There is a limit on a group policy on this website to 10 people per policy. GET A QUOTE ONLINE
Please check the Policy Terms and Conditions for any restrictions or exclusions.
Prepare before you go
Organizing a group trip or holiday can be stressful so make sure you have adequate travel insurance in good time before you go. Taking the insurance outwith JS Insurance is straightforward though and we are here to ensure you get the best Policy to cover your Group at the best price.
One benefit here is that each person doesn't have to arrange their own insurance : the organizer can sort the Policy for everyone in one go.
Ask the Group
The organizer should go out to everyone in the Group before he looks for quotes and ask the following questions :
- Do you or any of your family going on the trip have any pre existing medical conditions ? If yes, please refer them to us and we can arrange insurance for them which will cover their pre existing medical conditions or Click Here for a quote
- Do you or any of your family already have Annual Travel Insurance, with their bank or with their credit cards. If so then does it cover the duration of this trip and any of the activities the group will be participating on the trip ? If some of the Group already have Travel Insurance then this will reduce the overrall cost of the Group cover.
- Once you have found a Policy for the Group go out to them and send them a wording and / or a list of benefits to make sure they are fully informed of the content of the Travel Insurance policy and they are all happy with it.
Please note that JS Travel Insurance will calculate the Insurance based on the ages of the persons travelling, so it may be cheaper for the younger people in the group than the older ones. If you want a breakdown of each premium for each person then we will happily provide it.
Most of our Groups contact us direct and we find the best Policy for them at the best rate but the Insurance can also be purchased online using the quote calculator above.
The Travel insurance policy will be the same as it would be if it was an individual purchasing a Policy or a Family Policy.
Some Benefits of the Group Insurance Policy are likely to affect individuals within the Group like Medical Expenses, Cancellation or loss of Baggage and Personal Effects. While the whole Group may be effected by Travel Delay, Natural Catastrophe or Failure of Carrier.
Also make sure that you are covered, if your Tour Operator goes out of business and that your Group holiday is covered by ATOL with End Supplier Failure Cover.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
If your Group is going to an European country, then its advisable that each person in the Group has one of these cards which will enable you to get free or reduced cost Medical Care. Note that these expire every 5 years so ensure that you EHIC card is up to date.
Tips and Advice for Group Travel
- Make sure there is a leader(s) and everyone knows who that is
- Book flights and accomodation ahead of time as much as possible as this will be cheaper
- Stick together, that way you are less likely to be a victim of crime and no one is left alone not knowing the local language.
- Plan ahead for where you are going to be. Ask at the hotel the areas notto go to in the city that you are going to be in.
- Get the emergency number for where you are travelling to so that you can call them if necessary.
You must ensure that you are adequately supervised if you are taking part in any Sports or Activities, also that appropriate safety equipment is worn at all times and you do not participate in any Sports or Activity for more than 90 days in any one Period of Insurance.
Any Sport or Activity online does not provide cover for Accidental Death & Disability Benefit or Personal Liability.
Please read the Policy Wording for full details.
This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK. Travel Insurance Facilities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised by BaFin and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.