Scouts Travel Insurance
Are you a Scout Leader or a Scouts Group or Girl Guide member looking to get comprehensive travel insurance for your next Scouts trip? JS Travel Insurance have you covered. Over 11,000 Scout members travel abroad yearly to Scout Camps and participate in Excursions and Sports Activities such as Hiking, Rowing, Swimming and much more. We can provide cover for Winter…
Are you a Scout Leader or a Scouts Group or Girl Guide member looking to get comprehensive travel insurance for your next Scouts trip? JS Travel Insurance have you covered.
Over 11,000 Scout members travel abroad yearly to Scout Camps and participate in Excursions and Sports Activities such as Hiking, Rowing, Swimming and much more.
We can provide cover for Winter Sports on our JS Travel Insurance policies.
This is an excellent way of boosting people's confidence, communication and team-building skills.
Highlights of Cover
- Cover for Medical Expenses up to £5,000,000.
- It covers Repatriation back to the UK if you are taken ill or injured abroad.
- Covers over 400 Sports and Activities.
- Covers up to 100 people on a single policy.
- Full Covid-19 cover.
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Top 10 Scouts Travel Insurance FAQs
- 5 Rules and Regulations for Scout Leaders
- Scout Associations We have Covered
- Useful Website
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation*||£5,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Cancellation or Curtailment*||-||£3,000||£7,500|
|Loss of Passport*||-||£300||£500|
|Missed Departure / Connection||-||£500||£500|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Healix Insurance Services Ltd, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.
Top 10 Scouts Travel Insurance FAQs
1. If a child is injured during a Scout Camp, will they be covered?
Yes, they would be covered under the Emergency Medical Expenses up to £5,000,000, including Repatriation back to the UK if medically required.
2. Will a child be covered if they are taken ill before the trip and cannot travel?
Yes, if a child is taken ill before the trip or receives a positive COVID-19 test result within 14 days of departure and can not travel on the Scouts trip, then they will be covered for cancellation under the following schemes:
This cover is for pre-paid accommodation and transport costs.
3. Will a child be covered if they are taken ill during the Scout Camp and must return home?
If a child is taken ill or contracts COVID-19 while they are away and need to return to the UK, they will be covered under the Curtailment section of the policy. The amounts will be the same as above.
4. A JS Travel Insurance policy covers what Sports and Activities?
In the Sports and Activities section on our website, you will be covered for several Sports and Activities that are incidental to your trip; some examples are:
- Trekking up to 3,000 metres.
5. How many people can a JS Travel Insurance policy be included?
We can cover up to 100 people on a single policy. For the procedure to be valid, you must follow the child/adult ratio.
- 4 - 8 years of age - one adult to six children
- 9 - 12 years of age - one adult to eight children
- 13 - 18 years of age - one adult to ten children
6. Does JS Travel Insurance cover an Independent child?
Yes, we can cover independent children if they travel with an insured adult (they do not have to be on the same policy).
7. How does this policy cover Covid-19?
Our JS Travel Insurance policy can cover for Covid19 as long as the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Further details on the cover can be found in the section about Covid-19 on this page.
8. If I have pre-existing medical conditions, can JS Travel Insurance cover them?
We can cover any diagnosed pre-existing medical conditions via a different provider.
9. Can you change names on a policy that has already been issued?
Yes, we can change names or other details, such as ages, before the trip begins. We cannot amend these details if the policy has started and you are already travelling.
10. Can JS Travel Insurance provide Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance for a Scouts Group?
Yes, we can provide cover if an adult is named on the Annual Multi-Trip policy. The maximum trip duration is 31 days.
5 Rules and Regulations for Scout Leaders
1. A camp or residential experience abroad, including Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts or any other Scouts group, must be led by an adult holding the correct Nights Away Permit.
2. All visits abroad must follow the VA (Visit Abroad) process and be approved at the planning stage by the relevant Commissioner for the designation of the trip:
England and Northern Ireland - District or Country Commissioner and Assistant County Commissioner for International travel.
Scotland - District or Regional Commissioner and Regional International Advisor.
Wales - District or Area Commissioner and Assistant Area Commissioner for International Travel.
BSO - District Commissioner and Assistant Area Commissioner for International Travel
The relevant Commissioner must approve the trip before the journey begins.
3. The UK Leader in Charge of a trip abroad must ensure that Travel Insurance has been arranged for all group members.
4. When overseas, UK members may participate in sports or activities being run by members of the host Scout Organisation following the Host Organisation's guidance and rules. In this context, Kandersteg International Scout Centre is considered an Independent Scout Organisation.
5. UK Members, including Members of the British Scouting Overseas under 18 years of age, may only participate in a group-based hosted hospitality experience (for example, using group accommodation, not private homes).
Scout Associations We have Covered
Over 11,000 Scouts travel abroad each year from the UK. Here are some of the Associations we cover at JS Travel Insurance:
- Beaver Scouts
- Cub Scouts
- Explorer Scouts
- Girl Guides.