Football (Amateur Tournament) Travel Insurance
If you are planning a trip and will be taking part in a Football (Amateur Tournament), then you will need a policy in place before you leave your home. JS Travel Insurance have covered many playing in Football Amateur Tournaments in UK, Holland, France and other countries in Europe and Worldwide every year. We have provided Travel Insurance to many Schools and…
If you are planning a trip and will be taking part in a Football (Amateur Tournament), then you will need a policy in place before you leave your home.
- JS Travel Insurance have covered many playing in Football Amateur Tournaments in UK, Holland, France and other countries in Europe and Worldwide every year.
- We have provided Travel Insurance to many Schools and Football Clubs in the United Kingdom.
- We can provide Personal Liability cover whilst taking part in a Football (Amateur Tournament). (These policies are not available online and you will need to contact us for a quote).
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Football Amateur Tournament FAQs
- Popular European Football Tournaments
- FA Guidelines(UK Football Association) - Travelling for Football Tournaments
- Pre Existing Medical Conditions
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- European Resident or Already Travelled
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Schedule Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The Gadget Cover can be added on the quote page at an additional premium.
**The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Football (Amateur Tournament) Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. Licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Football Amateur Tournament FAQs
If I injure myself during training or in match before the trip and was not able to play, am I still covered?
Yes, you would still be covered to travel with your team mates to spectate. If you couldn't travel and had to cancel your trip then you would be covered under cancellation.
Am I covered with JS policies, if I injure myself playing in a Football Amateur Tournament?
Yes, we cover your Medical Expenses up to £10m which includes hospital expenses and doctor costs and repatriation back to the UK if required. So this will cover for any injury whilst playing and also any medical expenses incurred during the rest of the trip: including cover for Covid-19.
What is the travel insurance cover for Covid-19?
On all our policies we cover for Medical Expenses, Cancellation and Overseas Return Quarantine.
Can JS Travel Insurance cover for a full Football Team?
Yes, we have covered many teams heading away for Football Tournaments, from the Easter Open in Holland to the Gothia Cup in Sweden. We can cover teams, coaches and coaches. Make sure you purchase travel insurance for all your players including the reserves who may play.
For spectators (fans) travelling and the coaches, the premium will be cheaper and you get get a quote online at: www.jsinsurance.co.uk
What is the difference between a Football Tournament and a Football Tour?
A Football Tournament is a series of games and then knockout games progressing to a final. Whereas a Football Tour is where you travel and play other teams either in other parts of the UK, Europe or Worldwide on a friendly basis.
Does JS Travel Insurance policies cover training?
Yes, you will be covered for training as well as playing in a Football (Amateur Tournament). You must book your travel insurance from the day you depart to the day you return to your home.
Does JS policies cover me for Football Tours?
Yes if your team is touring and playing in non sponsored friendly games, then you will be covered. You get a quote online on our Football Tour page.
If I have a pre existing medical condition, can I get cover for playing football?
Yes, we can provide cover. You will need to a quote through our Adventure policy. This will cover you for training and automatically cover you for an Amateur Tournament.
Please Note: You must declare all medical conditions you have been diagnosed with so that you are fully covered if you need to make a claim. If you do not declare all your pre existing medical conditions, a claim may not be successful.
Does JS Travel Insurance cover children under the age of 18 years of age?
Yes, we can cover all ages of children, there does not need to be an adult on the policy. However the independent child must be travelling with an insured adult.
Does JS policies cover adults playing in a Football (Amateur Tournament?
Yes, we can cover adults up to the age of 64 years fo Football (Amateur Tournament).
Does JS Travel Insurance cover other Amateur Tournmanents and Competitions?
Yes we cover other sports such as:
Popular European Football Tournaments
- Manchester Easter International Cup - 8th -9th April 2023
- Isle Of Wight Football Tournament - 15th to 18th April 2022
- Blackpool Cup - 16th to 17th April 2022
- Blackpool Youth Tournament - 7th May to 22nd May 2022
- Britannia Cup - Chester - 30th to 31st July 2022
- Holland Easter Open - 16th April - 17th April, 2022
- Holland Easter Cup - 16th April - 17th April, 2022
- Den Bosch Cup - 30th April - 2nd May, 2022
- North Limburg Cup - 4th June - 5th June, 2022
- Arnhem Bridge Cup - 4th June - 5th June 2022
- Amsterdam Cup - 28th May - 29th May, 2022
- Trofeo Mediterraneo - 13th April - 17th April, 2022
- Costa Daurada Cup - 10th April - 14th April, 2022
- Copa Jordi- 15th April - 17th April, 2022
- Barcelona Football Festival - 28th May - 29th May, 2022
- Barcelona Girls Cup - 11th June - 12th June, 2022
- Valencia Cup - 28th June - 2nd July, 2022
- The Donosti Cup - 3rd July - 9th July 2022
- Barcelona Summer Cup - 4th July - 8th, July 2022
- Football Cup Barcelona - 23rd April - 14th April, 2022
- Sirene Cup - 16th April - 17th April, 2022
- Hasselt Cup - 15th April - 18th April, 2022
- Bruges Cup - 16th April - 17th April, 2022
- Hageland Cup - 28th May- 29th May, 2022
- Bayern Trophy - 16th April - 17th April, 2022
- CUP Denmark - 28th July - 31st July, 2022
- Helsinki Cup - 3rd July - 9th July, 2022
- Intersport Youth Football Festival - 7th July - 13th July, 2021
- Ibercup - 13th April - 16th April, 2022
- Portugal Summer Cup -1st July to 3rd July 2022
- Lisbon Football Youth Cup - 29th and 30th October 2022
- Pisa World Cup - 15th April - 18th April, 2022
- San Marino Cup - 3rd July - 8th July, 2022
FA Guidelines (UK Football Association) - Travelling for Football Tournaments
The FA (UK Football Association) has some comprehensive guidelines for travel for Football Tours and to Amateur Football Tournaments for children either in the UK or overseas.
Find out more: Top 10 FA Guidelines on travel for Football Tournaments ⚽️
Pre Existing Medical Conditions
If you have pre-existing medical conditions and taking part in an Amateur Football Amateur Tournament whilst travelling abroad, we are able to provide you with a policy.
If you select Football, you will be automatically covered for a Football (Amateur Tournament).
Personal Liability and Personal Accident are covered.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance can cover you for Football (Amateur Tournaments) to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.
European Resident or Already Travelled
Globelink International offers Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip policies if you live in another European country.
This policy will also cover you if you have already left your home country and are already travelling.
This activity is automatically covered under Hazardous Pursuits Category 1 & 2, so there is no need to select an extra option playing in a Football (Amateur Tournament).
Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.