Football (Tournament) Travel Insurance
If you plan a trip and participate in a Football (Tournament), you will need a policy before leaving home. JS Travel Insurance has covered many playing in Football (Tournament) in the UK, Holland, France and other countries in Europe and Worldwide every year. We have provided Travel Insurance to many Schools and Football Clubs in the United Kingdom. To get a quote…
If you plan a trip and participate in a Football (Tournament), you will need a policy before leaving home.
- JS Travel Insurance has covered many playing in Football (Tournament) in the UK, Holland, France and other countries in Europe and Worldwide every year.
- We have provided Travel Insurance to many Schools and Football Clubs in the United Kingdom.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us at 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Football Tournament FAQs
- Popular European Football Tournaments
- FA Guidelines (UK Football Association)
- Parental Concerns
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Useful Information
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation*||£5,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Cancellation or Curtailment*||-||£3,000||£7,500|
|Loss of Passport*||-||£300||£500|
|Missed Departure / Connection||-||£500||£500|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Healix Insurance Services Ltd. o, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.
Football Tournament FAQs
1. Am I covered by JS Travel Insurance policies if I injure myself playing in a Football Tournament?
Yes, we cover your Medical Expenses up to £5m, which includes hospital expenses andtor costs and repatriation back to the UK if required. So, this covers any injury whilst playing and medical expenses incurred during the rest of the trip, including cover for Covid-19.
2. Am I still covered if I injured myself during Training or in the match before the trip and could not play?
You would still be covered to travel with your teammates to spectate. You would be covered under cancellation if you couldn't travel and had to cancel your trip.
3. What is the Travel Insurance cover for Covid-19?
Our policies cover Medical Expenses and Cancellations if you get a positive test 14 days before departure or you contract Covid-19 whilst abroad.
4. Can JS Travel Insurance cover an entire Football Team?
Yes, we have covered many teams heading away for Football Tournaments, from the Easter Open in Holland to the Gothia Cup in Sweden. Make sure you purchase travel insurance for all your players, including the reserves who may play. We can cover teams, coaches and coaches.
For spectators (fans) travelling and the coaches, the premium will be cheaper, and you can get a quote online at www.jsinsurance.co.uk
5. What is the difference between a Football Tournament and a Football Tour?
A Football Tournament is a series of games and knockout games progressing to a final. A Football Tour is where you travel and play other teams in other parts of the UK, Europe or Worldwide on a friendly basis.
6. Do JS Travel Insurance policies cover Training?
You will be covered for Training and playing in a Football (Amateur Tournament). You must book your travel insurance from the day you depart to the day you return to your home.
7. Do JS Travel Insurance policies cover me for Football Tours?
Yes, you will be covered if your team is touring and playing non-sponsored friendly games. You get a quote online on our Football Tour page.
8. Can I get cover for playing Football if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
Yes, we can provide cover through our Adventure policy. This will cover you for Training and automatically protect you for a Football (Amateur Tournament).
9. Does JS Travel Insurance cover children under the age of 18 years of age?
Yes, we can cover all ages of children; there does not need to be an adult on the policy. However, the independent child must be travelling with an insured adult.
10. Do JS policies cover adults playing in a Football (Amateur Tournament?
Yes, we can cover adults up to 64 years of Football (Amateur Tournament).
11. Does JS Travel Insurance cover other Amateur Tournaments and Competitions?
Yes, we cover other Sports, such as:
Popular European Football Tournaments
- Holland Easter Open 8th - 9th April 2023
- North Limburg Cup 27th - 28th May 2023
- Arnhem Bridge Cup 27th - 28th May 2023
- Trofeo Mediterraneo 1st - 6th April, 2023
- East Majorca Cup 5th - 9th April 2023
- Costa Daurada Cup 2nd - 8th July 2023
- Copa Jordi 6th - 10th April 2023
- Barcelona Football Festival 27th - 28th May 2023
- Barcelona Girls Cup 10th - 11th June 2023
- Valencia Cup 16th - 23rd July 2023
- The Donosti Cup 3rd - 9th July 2023
- San Antonio Ibiza - June 2023
- Barcelona Football Cup -21and 22 October and 28 and 29 October 2023
- Sirene Cup 8th - 9th April 2023
- Hasselt Cup 16th - 17th April 2023
- Bruges Cup 8th - 9th April 2023
- Hageland Cup 27th - 28th May 2023
- Bayern Trophy 8th - 9thth April 2023
- Laola Cup - 24th - 28th July 2023
- CUP Denmark 24th - 29 July 2023
- Helsinki Cup 10th - 15th July 2023
- Intersport Youth Football Festival
- Ibercup 5th - 8th April 2023
- Portugal Summer Cup 1st July - 2nd July 2023
- Lisbon Football Youth Cup 29th - 30th October 2023
- EuropaCopa Walking Football - 17 April 2023
- France Mediterranean Cup - 29th to 30th April 2023
- Pisa World Cup 7th - 10th April 2023
- San Marino Cup 2rd - 7th July 2023
United States of America (USA)
- Presidents Cup, Arizona - February 2023
- Enigma Cup, Florida - May 2023
- Albion Memorial Day Cup - 27th - 30 May 2023
FA Guidelines (UK Football Association)
The FA (UK Football Association) has some comprehensive guidelines for travel for Football Tours and Football (Amateur Tournaments) for children in the UK or overseas.
Find out more: Top 10 FA Guidelines on Travel for Football Tournaments ⚽️
Sending your child on their first Football Amateur Tournament abroad can be a worrying feeling, and it gets asked a lot; here is information that may help ease your mind.
Cover your child for the suitable activity: It's essential to have the correct activities covered on your travel insurance policy, whether attending a Football Amateur Tournament / Football Tour or just away for a Football Training camp.
Also, cover for any other activities planned in your child's itinerary to ensure you have suitable cover; we can cover up to 400+ Sports and Activities.
What are the main Insurance benefits that you need?
- Medical and Repatriation: Cover for £5m if your child gets injured or falls sick whilst playing Football or not abroad. This includes repatriation to the UK if it is medically necessary.
- Cancellation and Curtailment: this will cover your child who falls sick or gets injured before they travel and any pre-paid accommodation for flights booked. This also covers if your child has to cut short their trip and has to return home.
- Personal Property / Baggage Cover: All children follow trends and want to look like the next best football star; this is also a costly experience for parents. Our travel insurance policies will cover your personal property, including football boots, kits, and more if lost or stolen in transit or locked storage.
Children travelling without parents: A typical concern asked by parents is if their child is covered to travel abroad on our travel insurance policies without you; the answer is Yes,
It will be covered if a child travels with an insured adult, such as a football manager or another parent t.
Your Child Safety, Health and Well-being:
Check The FA website for comprehensive Guidelines for Safety for children on Football Tours
- Safety: It's essential to educate your child about the risks of travelling abroad, avoiding dangerous situations and being aware of their surroundings.
- Health: Make sure your child is fit and healthy to travel, maver your child for any pre-existing medical conditions and educate them on how to stay healthy abroad, such as drinking bottled water, avoiding street food stands, and helping them prepare physically and mentally.
- Well-being: Make sure your child has a working phone or a way of contacting you if they are concerned and happy with their surroundings. Be as supportive as you can be without being there. And that their coach /teacher has your telephone number as a parent and child.
Storing your child's travel insurance documents: printing multiple copies of the travel insurance document, including the 24/7 emergency assistance contact details, is essential. We recommend having one in your hand or holding luggage, giving a copy to the team manager and saving a copy to your smartphone wallet if possible.
Who to contact in an emergency: You should get the 24/7 emergency assistance line wh, where they will instruct you on the next steps and arrange medical care.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have pre-existing medical conditions and plan to participate in a Football (Tournament), we can provide you with a policy.
We have several providers (Adventures) who can offer travel insurance, including Football (Tournament) if you have a pre-existing medical condition.