Football Travel Insurance
We provide Insurance for playing football when travelling or on holiday abroad
We provide travel insurance for
- Playing recreationally and Football training abroad
- Club Football Tours & Playing in Amateur Football Tournaments
Whether you are going on a Football tour , playing in a team when travelling or playing in an Amateur Tournament in Europe we can provide you with comprehensive Insurance.
- 1. Highlights of Football Travel Insurance
- 2. Most Common Football Injuries
- 3. Club Football Tours
- 4. Football Kit
- 5. Useful websites
1. Highlights of Football Travel Insurance
- We will cover you if you are injured playing abroad or if you have any other injury or Medical problem from the time you leave the Uk to the time that you return .
- See common football injuries.
- We will ensure that your Medical Bills are paid through our Insurance and provide you with a 24/7 hour Medical Emergency Line . (01733 402 046)
- See More information on Medical Cover and Full Policy Wording for Medical Expenses .
- NB : It is still wise to have a EHIC card with you when travelling in Europe
- We will repatriate you back to the UK should you be seriously injured and need to return before the end of your trip playing football . This is whether your medical condition is a result of playing football or is a result of illness or an accident on your trip.
Insurance with Pre existing Medical Conditions
- If you have a pre existing Medical condition like a knee problem or previous serious injury but you can still play football, we may still be able to cover you.
- Please click here if you have a pre existing Medical Condition and want insurance for playing football.
- NB : It is important that you declare all pre existing medical conditions that you may have or your claim if it relates to any undeclared conditions may be rejected.
- This is important Benefit of the insurance if you are planning ahead and have booked your Football trip far in advance.
- If you get ill or a close family member to you gets ill before you travel and after you have purchased your Insurance then you can claim back the cost of your trip.
- If you are going on a Football tour and you should purchase the travel insurance straight after you have paid for your trip.
- Cancellation cover is usually £3,000 so is more than adequate to cover the average cost of a holiday where you will be playing football
For more information on the Cancellation Benefit of Travel insurance Click here
For the Policy Wording for Cancellation Cover and the exclusions please Click here
Other benefits of the Insurance , please click here for full Table of Cover
2. Highlights of Football Travel Insurance
1. Hamstring Strain
This is when the Hamstring muscle gets torn and there are different degrees of tears. To prevent this happening, warm up the muscle for 20 minutes, stretch it and get it 1 or 2 degrees warmer. Crucial for before a game as most injuries occur in a game situation rather than training.
If you get a Hamstring Injury then its R.I.C.E ( Rest , Ice , Compression and Elevation)
2. Sprained Ankle
Mainly ligament damage , damage to ankle capsule and soft tissue damage. Common Football injury's can be prevented by lots of strapping around the ankles and ankles braces really reduce the chance of Injury.
3. Knee Cartiledge Tear
This is a frequent football injury de to all the turning and twisting when playing. It is a bit misleading as its the meniscus in the knee that is damaged . Not a lot you can do to prevent this as its usually the position of the knee bearing weight when this occurs. Strong Quads and hamstrings always help if a lot of pressure is put on the knee.
Hernia is a groin injury due to twisting , slipping sprinting and kicking . Core Strength and stability exercises can prevent a hernia happening . If these areas can be strengthened , that is the abdomen and pelvis then the body can take more of the strain and thus the injury is less likely.
5. ACL ( Anterior Cruciate Ligament )
This Ligament connects the thigh bone to the shin bone . It stops too much rotation of the knee and is an important component of the knee . Can be injured by falling awkwardly or twisting.
Using a Wobble Board can prevent this and also help when you are trying to heal this injury. Wobble boards help improve the nerves around the knee , helps with balance and stability. Skiers often get ACL injuries as well .
3. Club Football Tours
We cover all Club Football tours , that being Christmas and New Year tors , Easter Holiday Tours or end of Season early Summer tours abroad . We can provide insurance for the whole group for the actual playing in the football matches on tour as well as insurance when not playing football from when the Tour Group departs the Uk to when they return home. We also cover playing in Amateur Football Tournaments abroad.
4. Football Kit
Make sure you have strong shin pads and comfortable but good boots . An Ankle Brace is a great idea to prevent ankle injuries.
5. Useful websites
Football Association www.thefa.com
Football Tours https://www.sports-tours.co.uk/football-tours/