Rugby (Amateur Tournament) Travel Insurance
Our Travel Insurance covers your travel to play in Amateur Tournaments, Beach Rugby Festibals or Rugby Tours. Cover starts from when you leave your country of Residence , whilst you are playing and until you have returned to the UK JS Travel Insurance insures many Schools and Clubs playing in Tournaments in Holland, Belgium ., Portugal,Malta, Poland, Spain, and…
Our Travel Insurance covers your travel to play in Amateur Tournaments, Beach Rugby Festibals or Rugby Tours. Cover starts from when you leave your country of Residence , whilst you are playing and until you have returned to the UK
JS Travel Insurance insures many Schools and Clubs playing in Tournaments in Holland, Belgium ., Portugal,Malta, Poland, Spain, and other countries every year.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Top 10 Questions asked by customers for Rugby Amateur Tournament
- Highlights of Cover
- RFU Insurance Requirements
- Rugby Tournaments
- Clubs and Schools
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- Pre Existing Medical Conditions
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Schedule Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The Gadget Cover can be added on the quote page at an additional premium.
**The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
Please read the Restrictions and Exclusions of the policy.
This Travel Insurance policy for Rugby (Amateur Tournament) is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited (Red Sands), registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. Licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Top 10 Questions asked by customers for Rugby Amateur Tournament
1. Do JS policies cover me if I get injured playing in a tournament?
A: Yes they do, we cover your Medical Expenses to £10m which includes all doctor, hospital expenses, and repatriation back to the UK if necessary.
2. Am I covered with this Policy for when I am not playing rugby and am on my trip away?
A: Yes from the day you depart to the day your return, you will be fully covered by the benefits on the policy should you need to claim.
3. If I already have a travel insurance policy ( like an Annual Policy ) that does not cover playing in a tournament can I get Insurance just for the days I am playing?
A: Yes through another broker: PJ Hayman, add Amateur Sports (contact eg: Rugby ) when you are doing your quote and just put the dates in your are playing and training. No need to put in your departure and return date for your trip so can work out cheaper.
4. Is Covid covered with the JS Rugby Policy?
A: Yes the JS Policies cover Covid for Cancellation, Medical Expenses and Overseas Return Quarantine, More detail on this cover is HERE.
5. If I have a Pre-Existing Medical Condition or a recent serious injury can I still get cover?
A: Yes but again you would need to get a PJ Hayman Policy and declare your conditions. This is important as if you have to claim and you have not declared them then the Insurer may not payout. Again type in “Amateur Sport, Contact as your Activity.
6. Do JS cover young players (ie 17 and under) on a Rugby Policy to play in tournaments?
A: Yes we do, there does not need to be an adult on the Policy, however, the insured independent child must be traveling with an Insured Adult. There will be no difference in premium to an Adult.
7. Do JS Insurance cover full teams from a club?
A: Yes we have covered 100s of clubs who play in tournaments such as the Dubai 7s, Beach rugby tournament in Majorca, Portugal Rugby Festival, etc. You can book these Policies online or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cover a whole team, we can also cover the nonplayers and coaches as part of the Insurance.
8. Do JS Insurance cover Schools participating in tournaments?
A: Yes we cover schools who participate in tournaments in the UK, Europe, and Worldwide and who go on Rugby Tours.
NB: you will need permission from the RFU if you are a school planning on going on tour or playing in a tournament or rugby festival, See LINK here Also note the requirements of 1 adult for every 10 children on these trips.
9. Do JS cover Rugby Tours as well?
A: Yes these can be covered on this page as well to get a quote, Again if your club/school is a member of the RFU you will need permission to tour.
10. Beach Rugby Festivals and Competition: Is this covered?
A: Yes playing Beach Rugby again can be quoted on this Page, the main tournament being the one in Majorca - see JS Blog on this Festival.
Highlights of Cover
- If you are injured playing we will cover the Medical Expenses.
- Repatriation back to your country.
- Theft of Boots, Rugby Kit can be covered (but not in use).
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance number available.
- Covered when training and when playing.
- If you have a pre existing medical condition, we may be able to provide you with a policy.
RFU (Rugby Football Union) Insurance Requirements
In order to Tour or play in an Amateur Tournament abroad if you are a club with RFU Membership, you need their permission to play these matches.
Point 10 states:
All Players are covered by the appropriate insurance with adequate cover for rugby activity, travel, and any other non-rugby activities undertaken on the tour, including legal, medical and repatriation costs.
Schools Rugby Tours Insurance RFU
For Schools you need to get permission here:
As a member of the RFU you automatically have:
for your players.
However you still require Travel Insurance which we provide, it is a requirement before you get permission to tour that you can show the RFU your travel insurance policy.
Scottish Rugby Union - known as "International Clearance".
Popular Rugby Tournaments
International Mixed Ability Rugby Tournament - Cork- 5th June to 11th June 2022.
Jersey Vets 10s - 30 Sept 2022 to 2nd Oct 2022
- Dubai 7s - 2nd to 4th December 2022
- Hilversum Rugby Tournament - 12th April, 2022
- Carwyn James Memorial Trophy - Dates TBA, 2022
- Montgomery Tournament - Dates TBA , 2022
- Torneo Citta Di Rovato - Dates TBA 2022
- Gent Rugby Festival - 16th April - 17th April 2022
- Tom Morris Rugby Festival 28th - 20th May 2022
- Flanders 10s - June 3rd to June 6th 2022
- Terenure Rugby Festivals - Dates TBA
- Ireland’s Mixed Ability Rugby World Cup Tournament (IMART) - Dates TBA
- French Rugby Festival - 29th April - 2nd May 2022
- Leon 7s Amatuer Tournament - TBC
- Portugal Youth Rugby Festival - 9th April - 10th April 2022
- Prague Youth Rugby Festival - Dates TBA
- Krakow Rugby Festival - 17th June - 18th June 2022
- Barcelona Rugby Festival - Dates TBA
- Gonder Rugby Jugendfestival - Dates TBA
- Dinnington Mini Rugby Festival = Dates TBA -2023
Clubs and Schools
- Bulldogs Rugby Club
- Rainey Endowed School
- Bridgend Sports Club RFC
- Kernow Youth Select
- Bridgend Sports Club
- Winscombe Rugby Club
- Dartfordians RFC
- Gowerton RFC
- Bristol Uni RFC
- University of Birmingham AFL
- Rhymney Rugby Club
- Ysgol Tryfan
- Down High School
- Mold Rugby Club
- Wirral Rugby Club
- Machen Rugby Football Club
- Caerphilly RFC
- Shanetti Warriors RFC
- Ealing TrailFinders
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover for Rugby Amatuer Tournaments
Our Travel Insurance can cover your travel for Rugby Amateur Tournaments provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
- Emergency Medical treatment and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy offered by JS Travel Insurance.
Please read the Restrictions and Exclusions of the policy.
Pre Existing Medical Conditions
If you have pre existing medical conditions and you plan to participate in Rugby (Amateur Tournament) whilst travelling abroad, we are able to provide you with a policy.
This policy also covers Personal Liability whilst taking part in a Rugby Amateur Tournament.
Please check the Terms and Conditions for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
JS Travel Insurance Blog