Rugby (Amateur Tournament) Travel Insurance
Our Travel Insurance covers your travel to play in Rugby (Amateur Tournaments), Beach Rugby Festivals / Rugby Tours. Cover starts from when you leave your home, whilst you are playing and until you have returned to your home. JS Travel Insurance have covered many Schools and Clubs playing in Rugby Tournaments in Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Malta, Poland, Spain, and…
Our Travel Insurance covers your travel to play in Rugby (Amateur Tournaments), Beach Rugby Festivals / Rugby Tours. Cover starts from when you leave your home, whilst you are playing and until you have returned to your home.
JS Travel Insurance have covered many Schools and Clubs playing in Rugby Tournaments in Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Malta, Poland, Spain, and other countries every year.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Rugby Amateur Tournament FAQs
- Highlights of Cover
- RFU Insurance Requirements
- Rugby Tournaments
- Clubs and Schools - We Have Covered
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- European Resident or Already Travelled
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Schedule Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Sports Equipment is covered whilst in transit and storage only.
**Gadget Cover can be added to the quote page at an additional premium.
***Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Rugby (Amateur Tournament) Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Rugby Amateur Tournament FAQS
1. Does a JS Policy cover me if I get injured playing in a Rugby Tournament?
Yes, we do. We cover your Medical Expenses up to £10m which includes all Doctor, Hospital Expenses and Repatriation back to the UK if necessary.
2. Am I covered with this policy even when I am not playing in a Rugby (Amateur Tournament)?
Yes from the day you leave your home to your return, you will be fully covered for all benefits listed in the schedule.
3. If I already have a policy but it does not cover me to play in Rugby (Amateur Tournament, can I get travel insurance just for the days that I will be playing?
Yes through another one of our provider's Adventures, you can add Rugby when you are going through the quote. Just put the dates that you will be playing and you will be covered.
Please Note: you can only select Adventures PART A Only.
4. If I have a pre-existing medical condition or a recent injury, can I still get cover?
Yes, you would need to get a quote on our Adventures policy and declare all of your pre-existing medical conditions.
5. Does JS Travel Insurance cover players under the age of 18 years old?
Yes, we do. There does not need to be an adult on the policy. However, the independent child must be travelling with an Adult who has travel insurance.
6. Does JS Travel Insurance cover all the team from a Club?
Yes, we have covered 100s of clubs who play in Amateur Tournaments such as the Dubai 7s, Beach Rugby Tournament in Majorca, Portugal Rugby Festival and more. You can purchase a group policy (up to 100 people on the same policy). We can also cover coaches and spectators.
7. Does JS Travel Insurance cover Schools participating in a Rugby Amateur Tournament?
Yes, we cover Schools in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. We also cover Rugby Tours.
Please Note: You will need permission from the RFU if your school is planning to tour or take part in an Amateur Tournament or Rugby Festival. LINK HERE. Also, note the requirement of 1 Adult per 10 Children on these trips.
8. Does JS Travel Insurance cover a Rugby Tour?
Yes, we do. You can select Rugby Tour on the travel insurance calculator. Again if your club/school is a member of the RFU, you will need permission to tour.
9. Can JS cover Beach Rugby Festivals and Tournaments?
Yes, you can add this to the quote on this page. JS Travel Insurance page JS Blog on the Festival.
Highlights of Cover
- If you are injured playing we will cover the Medical Expenses.
- Repatriation back to your country.
- Theft of Boots and Rugby Kit can be covered (but not in use).
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance number available.
- Covered when training and when playing.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition, we should be able to provide you with a policy.
RFU (Rugby Football Union) Insurance Requirements
To Tour or play in an Amateur Tournament abroad if you are a club with RFU Membership, you need their permission to play these matches.
Point 10 states:
"All Players are covered by the appropriate insurance with adequate cover for rugby activity, travel, and any other non-rugby activities undertaken on the tour, including legal, medical and repatriation costs."
Schools Rugby Tours Insurance RFU
For Schools you need to get permission here:
As a member of the RFU you automatically have:
However, you still require Travel Insurance which we provide. It is a requirement before you get permission to tour that you can show the RFU your travel insurance policy.
Scottish Rugby Union - known as "International Clearance".
Popular Rugby Tournaments
International Mixed Ability Rugby Tournament - Cork - 5th June to 11th June 2022.
Jersey Vets 10s - 30 Sept 2022 to 2nd Oct 2022
Hilversum Rugby Tournament - 12th April 2022
Carwyn James Memorial Trophy - Dates TBA, 2022
Montgomery Tournament - Dates TBA, 2022
Torneo Citta Di Rovato - Dates TBA, 2022
Gent Rugby Festival - 16th April to 17th April 2022
Tom Morris Rugby Festival - 28th to 20th May 2022
Terenure Rugby Festivals - Dates TBA
Ireland’s Mixed Ability Rugby World Cup Tournament (IMART) - Dates TBA
French Rugby Festival - 29th April to 2nd May 2022
Leon 7s Amatuer Tournament - TBC
Portugal Youth Rugby Festival - 9th April to 10th April 2022
Prague Youth Rugby Festival - Dates TBA
Krakow Rugby Festival - 17th June to 18th June 2022
Barcelona Rugby Festival - Dates TBA
Majorca Beach Rugby - 30th April to 1st May 2022
Ibiza Beach Rugby Festival - 7th May 2022
Gonder Rugby Jugendfestival - Dates TBA
Dinnington Mini Rugby Festival - Dates TBA
Clubs and Schools - We Have Covered
- Bulldogs Rugby Club
- Rainey Endowed School
- Bridgend Sports Club RFC
- Kernow Youth Select
- Bridgend Sports Club
- Winscombe Rugby Club
- Dartfordians RFC
- Gowerton RFC
- Bristol Uni RFC
- University of Birmingham AFL
- Rhymney Rugby Club
- Ysgol Tryfan
- Down High School
- Mould Rugby Club
- Wirral Rugby Club
- Machen Rugby Football Club
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have pre-existing medical conditions and taking part in a Rugby (Amateur Tournament) whilst travelling abroad, we can provide you with a policy.
If you are looking for a policy for a child under 18 years of age, you will need to select Independent Child (Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip) when going through the quote process.
If you select Rugby, you will be automatically covered for a Rugby (Amateur Tournament).
Personal Liability and Personal Accident are covered.
Please Note: We can cover just the day or days that you will be taking part in Rugby (Amateur Tournament) if you already have a Travel Insurance policy in place. When getting a quote and purchasing a policy, you must take out Adventures Party A Only, so the cover is valid.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance policy for Rugby (Amateur Tournament) can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine - additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you or anyone on this policy are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.
European Resident or Already Travelled
Globelink International offers Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip policies if you live in another European country.
This policy will also cover you if you have already left your home country and are already travelling and taking part in Rugby (Amateur Tournament) and you need a policy that covers you for the rest of your trip.
After you have chosen your insurance option, you will be asked to add EXTRA OPTIONS.
Please make sure you select Hazardous Pursuits Category 3 so that you are covered for Rugby.
Please read the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
JS Travel Insurance Blog: