Dubai Rugby 7s Travel Insurance
Either the last weekend of November or the first week of December the Dubai Rugby 7s Tournament takes place. Make sure you have Travel Insurance for playing or spectating. Rugby, Cricket, Netball and NEW: Wodon3 Fitness Competition. We can supply Travel Insurance for all 4 Sports. Over 5000 players are participating from all over the world. UK Players get a quote…
Either the last weekend of November or the first week of December the Dubai Rugby 7s Tournament takes place. Make sure you have Travel Insurance for playing or spectating.
Rugby, Cricket, Netball and NEW: Wodon3 Fitness Competition.
We can supply Travel Insurance for all 4 Sports.
Over 5000 players are participating from all over the world.
UK Players get a quote using the Calculator above. Select Rugby (Training / Amateur Tournament).
European Resident Players, we can cover you. GET A QUOTE
- Highlights of Cover
- Summary of Cover
- Example Premiums
- Dubai 7s Travel Insurance FAQs
- Tournament Injury Statistics
- Medical Facilities at the Tournament
- Netball and Cricket Travel Insurance Dubai 7s
- About the Tournament
- The Teams we have Covered
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- European Resident or Already Travelled
- Useful Websites
Highlights of Cover
The most important Travel Insurance here is Medical Expenses and Repatriation whilst you are playing and for the rest of the trip.
This includes Covid-19 Cover whilst you are in Dubai and also for Cancellation and Overseas Quarantine (see the section below).
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Schedule Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Sports Equipment is covered whilst in transit and storage only.
**Gadget Cover can be added to the quote page at an additional premium.
***Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Rugby (Amateur Tournament) Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
1- 5 days - £57.24
6- 8 days - £64.56
9-12 days - £64.56
Annual Multi-Trip: £113.85 (allows you to play as much Rugby on Tours and Overseas Tournaments throughout the year as well as trips when you are not playing Rugby).
European Resident Players
After you have chosen your insurance option, you will be asked to add EXTRA OPTIONS.
Please make sure you select Hazardous Pursuits Category 3 so that you are covered for Rugby (Amateur Tournament).
1- 5 days - 67.95 Euros
6- 8 days - 71.14 Euros
Annual Multi-Trip for European Resident Players
142.12 Euros - here you have the option of different trip durations as well as 90 days
Non-UK or European Players (ie: Players from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, etc)
1. Go to our partner website: Squaremouth
2. Select your country of residence and your destination “ United Arab Emirates“
3. Do not include Cancellation in your quote.
Add Sports on the left-hand side and tick “Amateur Competition“.
An example premium is $78.00 for Medical and Repatriation for the trip and playing in the Dubai 7s Rugby Tournament for one week.
Dubai 7s Rugby Travel Insurance FAQs
1. Does JS Travel Insurance just cover me when I am playing Rugby (or netball and /or cricket)?
It covers you for the whole trip from the day you depart to the day of your return. Also when playing if you get injured or need Medical Assistance.
We do have a provider who will cover you just for the days you are playing and training, (You can only select Adventures Part A. GET A QUOTE
2. Does the policy cover me for Cancellation if I test positive for Covid-19 before I leave and am unable to go?
Yes, if you test positive within 14 days we will pay on Cancellation. Silver: £1,000, Gold: £3,000 or Platinum: £7,500. Gold is probably the most appropriate here.
3. Am I covered for Travel Insurance outside of playing Rugby, Netball or Cricket?
Yes, from when you depart to when you return, Please Note: make sure your arrival date is when you arrive back in the UK, if you have an overnight flight don’t put the arrival date as the date when your plane departs, but when it arrives in your final destination.
4. Can you cover non-UK Residents and players?
Yes, we can players from European Residents, please GET A QUOTE.
5. What are the tournament insurance requirements for teams?
Teams are required to sign the Tournament Rules to say that they indemnify the Tournament and they have Full Medical Travel Insurance.
6. Can JS cover entire Teams going to play in the tournament?
Yes, we can, we can cover all the players and also the coaches. Note the premium for the coaches will be less as they are not playing so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 043 0020 and we can arrange a policy for the whole team.
7. Is there a Reciprocal Health Agreement between the UK and UAE (United Arab Emirates)?
8. Are the Travel Insurance premiums less for Netball and Cricket?
Yes, they are as there is less risk of injury by the very nature of the Sports.
9. Is there Personal Liability on the JS Insurance rugby policies for Dubai?
No, this policy excludes Personal Liability, we do have a Provider that will include this, please GET A QUOTE. (add Amateur Sports (contact e.g. Rugby) as your Activity).
10. How long has JS Travel Insurance been providing Travel Insurance for Rugby, Netball and Cricket Tournaments?
For 22 years now, we started selling Ski and Snowboard Travel Insurance and then moved into other Sports Travel Insurance. See the full list HERE.
11. Can I get cover if I have a Pre-existing Medical Condition?
Yes, you can, please makes sure you add them through this Provider and you will be covered whilst playing. GET A QUOTE
Tournament Injury Statistics
Day 1 Numbers
Day 2 Numbers
Day 3 Numbers
Day 4 Numbers
On Pitch Assistance Incidents
Car Transfer (Walking Wounded)
Medical Facilities at the Tournament
The Dubai 7s is well organized and has excellent medical facilities on site.
Netball and Cricket Travel Insurance at Dubai 7s
There are now Netball and Cricket Tournaments at the Dubai 7s, if you are playing in any teams here again we can cover you.
Netball for a week is from £43.04 for your Travel Insurance - GET A QUOTE (Add Netball as your activity.
Cricket for a week is from £52.50. GET A QUOTE (add Cricket as your activity).
About the Tournament
Out in the desert, there are 15 pitches, 5000 players participating over three days and over 100,000 spectators attending.
Competitions for professional athletes, club players, and veterans, there is something for everyone. A party atmosphere for spectators with DJs (James Haskell).
286 teams were participating in 2022.
The Teams we have Covered
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance policy for Rugby (Amateur Tournament) can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine - additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you or anyone on this policy are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.
European Resident or Already Travelled
Globelink International offers Single Trip and Annual Multi-Trip policies if you live in another European country for Rugby Training and Rugby Tours /Tournaments
This policy will also cover you if you have already left your home country and are already travelling and taking part in Rugby (Amateur Tournament) and you need a policy that covers you for the rest of your trip.
After you have chosen your insurance option, you will be asked to add EXTRA OPTIONS.
Please make sure you select Hazardous Pursuits Category 3 so that you are covered for Rugby.
Please read the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.