School Group Travel Insurance
School Group Travel Insurance means that you can get a policy that will cover a group of people, as opposed to an individual or couple. We can also provide cover for School Ski Trips for Primary and Secondary Schools and offer comprehensive cover. This includes…
School Group Travel Insurance means that you can get a policy that will cover a group of people, as opposed to an individual or couple.
We can also provide cover for School Ski Trips for Primary and Secondary Schools and offer comprehensive cover. This includes Covid-19 Cover for Cancellations and Medical Expenses.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- School Group Travel Insurance FAQs
- School or University Group
- Sports and Activities
- Common Exclusions
- School Trip Cover
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Schedule Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Gadget Cover can be added to the quote page at an additional premium.
**Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This School Group Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
School Group Travel Insurance FAQs
1. Does JS Travel Insurance cover Coronavirus for School Group Travel Insurance?
Yes, we cover for Cancellation if you receive a positive result within 14 days of your trip. Medical Expenses if you test positive whilst you are away and Overseas Return Quarantine if you are unable to return.
However, you are not covered if your area goes into quarantine and you are unable to travel.
2. If one of the children gets ill whilst away, will the Travel Insurance pay for a carer/parent to travel out to help look after them?
The policy will only provide cover if it is medically necessary for a parent to travel out to them. This needs to be agreed upon and accepted by the emergency assistance service in advance. In these circumstances, a child will never be left without adult supervision. For example, if the school trip ends and the child is still in hospital, the emergency assistance company will arrange for a parent/escort to stay with the child.
3. Can we change the names of the people in the group who are named on the policy issued?
Yes, we can update names and other details up until the date of departure. However, we are unable to change a name if the person we are replacing is making a claim.
4. Does each person in the School Group need their own Travel Insurance Certificate and policy?
Not all travellers can be on one certificate. If one person or more want to have their policy and certificate, we can separate them from the others.
5. Are the Benefits per person or for the whole group?
The Benefits shown are per person and not for the complete group. For example, if there is a Cancellation Cover of £3,000 on the Policy, that means each person can claim that Benefit.
6. Can extra cover be added for mobile phones (gadget cover) and be added to the policy?
Yes, we can add this extra cover on an individual basis and this can be added as an endorsement to the policy.
7. What are the most common groups that JS Travel Insurance covers?
We have covered Half Term Ski Trips, Football, Rugby, Gymnastics Tournaments, and Competitions in France, Spain, and many other countries. Also school trips in the UK and trips to Europe.
8. Does JS Travel Insurance cover University Groups?
Yes, we have been providing Travel Insurance for Universities for the past 10 years for sports and activities cover as well as Jailbreaks with Southampton, Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
9. When is the best time to purchase a School Group Travel Insurance policy?
As soon as the trip has been booked, you should purchase cover, this allows for claims for cancellation or changes to be made to the names that are insured on the policy.
10. Is there a 24 / 7 Emergency Assistance number available?
Yes, we provide a telephone number which you can call at any time if you require assistance in an emergency.
11. If the School already has Travel Insurance but just needs Covid-19 cover can JS still insure us?
Yes, we provide many policies like this where the schools' Travel Insurance Policy does not cover Covid-19, we then supply a Policy that does to supplement their current policy.
School or University Group
If you are responsible for a Group of Students, you might want to take a closer look at various Group Travel Insurance policies because these policies are much cheaper than purchasing individual policies for each Group Member.
For a few years now, JS Travel Insurance has provided cover for University Jailbreaks that have been organised by Cambridge, Oxford and Southampton Universities. If you have a similar event, please contact us for a quote.
Sports and Activities
The Group policy provides cover for those taking part in Sporting, Recreational and other Activities. Half Term School Ski Holidays are covered.
Some Activities can be included at standard rates whilst others, due to the higher risk of injury, can be covered at an additional premium.
Please Note: With Rugby, you will need as a School or Club to get permission from your Union to tour or play in a Tournament overseas and provide them with your Travel Insurance details.
General Exclusions are usually the same as those in the individual Travel Insurance policies, such as thefts that are not reported to the police within 24 hours.
You must check the Policy Wording carefully before you buy a Group policy, and make sure everyone on the policy knows the exclusions.
School Trip Cover
JS Travel Insurance is partnered with a provider that offers School Trip Travel Insurance that is easy to purchase and straightforward for Teachers and Organisers to arrange.
- Instant quotes and cover available.
- No requirement for lists of pupils and dates of birth.
- Only need several pupils and adults travelling on the trip.
- Many Sports and Activities can be included, including Winter Sports.
- Option to download an invoice or pay policy premiums by credit card.
Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance policy for a School Group can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine - additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you or anyone on this policy are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.