Skiing Travel Insurance
If you are planning a Skiing holiday, make sure that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home All of our policies cover includes Medical Expenses and Repatriation cover as well as Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance, if it is a Medical Emergency from the slopes. To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092…
If you are planning a Skiing holiday, make sure that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home
All of our policies cover includes Medical Expenses and Repatriation cover as well as Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance, if it is a Medical Emergency from the slopes.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Ski Cover Extras
- Different Skiing Types
- Safety Advice
- Pre Existing Medical Conditions
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
|Hire of Ski Equipment||£250||£250||£250|
*The Gadget Cover can be added on the quote page at an additional premium.
**The Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance is covered under Medical and Repatriation Terms.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy offered by JS Travel Insurance.
This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited (Red Sands), registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. Licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Ski Cover Extras
Ski Equipment: We can cover your ski equipment and ski hire if your equipment is damage, stolen or lost.
Ski Pass: If you need to purchase a new ski pass if your is lost or stolen.
Piste Closure: If you are unable to ski due to the piste is closed for a period of time.
Avalanche Closure: If you are unable to ski due to an avalanche waring or piste closuer after an avalanche.
Different Skiing Types
There are a number of different types of skiing that we can offer:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ski Instructor
- Ski Racing
- Ski Touring
- Ski Terrain Parks
- Off Piste Skiing with and without a Guide
This is not the full list of skiing cover we offer, please contact us if you have a particular type of skiing in mind.
With the cold and sometimes difficult conditions on the slopes, there is some basic safety information you should know:
- Protect your eyes. You should use either goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and any branches or stones that you might encounter.
- Dress in warm clothing. You are advised to wear more than one layer of clothing and always wear a hat and gloves. Purchasing some thermal clothing that keeps the heat in would be a recommended.
- Know your limits. You may be an experienced Skier, but you should try to be on or off piste with a friend and always know when it is time for a break.
- Follow good piste etiquette. You should always give way to those who are in front or below you. Doing so will lower the chance of any potential accidents or injuries.
Pre Existing Medical Conditions
In case that you have a Medical Condition, it is essential to share this information, as this might affect a potential future claim.
Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.