Skiing Travel Insurance
If you are planning a Skiing holiday, ensure you have a Travel Insurance policy before you leave your home. Our policies include Medical Expenses, Repatriation coverage and Search and Rescue Cover. To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 email@example.com
If you are planning a Skiing holiday, ensure you have a Travel Insurance policy before you leave your home.
Our policies include Medical Expenses, Repatriation coverage and Search and Rescue Cover.
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Most Common Skiing Travel Insurance FAQs
- Ski Cover Extras
- Different Skiing Types
- Safety Advice
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation*||£5,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Search and Rescue*||£25,000||£50,000||£50,000|
|Cancellation or Curtailment*||-||£3,000||£7,500|
|Loss of Passport*||-||£300||£500|
|Missed Departure / Connection||-||£500||£500|
|Unused Activity Pack||£75||£75||£75|
|Piste / Mountain Closure*||£1,000||£1,000||£1,000|
|Avalanche / Landslide Cover||£1,000||£1,000||£1,000|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Healix Insurance Services Ltd, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.
Most Common Skiing Travel Insurance FAQs
1. How will we be covered if I or someone named on the policy is injured whilst skiing and needs medical attention?
If you or someone named on the policy is injured on the ski slopes and needs medical attention, you will be covered under the Medical Emergency section for up to £5,000,000.
This also includes Repatriation back to the UK if it is medically necessary.
2. Does this policy cover me for Search and Rescue?
Yes, this policy includes Search and Rescue cover if medically necessary.
3. If I cancel my ski trip due to sickness or COVID-19, will I be covered for accommodation, flights, and ski pack?
Yes, if you are ill before the trip or receive a positive COVID-19 test result within 14 days of departure and need to cancel your trip, then you would be covered under the Cancellation cover on your policy. For any pre-paid new accommodation, flights and this will depend on the level of cover you choose:
4. Do I have to wear a Ski Helmet with this policy for it to be valid?
Yes, you must wear a Ski Helmet at all times whilst skiing. Any claim will not be paid if you choose not to wear one.
5. Does this policy allow me to ski between pistes without it being classified as off-piste?
Yes, on this policy, you can ski between pistes as long as you are within resort boundaries and the pistes you are skiing between are patrolled.
6. Am I covered if a piste is closed and I cannot ski?
Yes, all JS Travel Insurance policies cover piste closure for some time, and you will be covered up to £1000 (£75 per 24 hours).
7. Will I be covered if my ski equipment is lost, stolen or damaged in transit or storage?
We can cover your ski equipment in transit and storage for any loss, damage and theft.
8. I am considering hiring some ski equipment; is there a cover for this?
We cover hiring ski equipment in transit and storage for up to £500 (£50 per 24 hours).
Ski Cover Extras
Ski Equipment: We can cover your ski equipment and ski hire if your equipment is damaged, stolen or lost.
Ski Pass: If you need to purchase a new ski pass if it is lost or stolen.
Piste Closure: If you cannot ski due to the piste being closed for some time.
Avalanche Closure: If you cannot ski due to an avalanche warning or piste closure after an avalanche.
Different Skiing Types
There are several different types of skiing that we can offer:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ski Instructor
- Ski Racing
- Ski Touring
- Ski Terrain Parks
- Off Piste Skiing with and Without a Guide
This is not the complete list of skiing covers we offer; please contact us if you have a particular type of skiing in mind.
With the cold and sometimes tricky conditions on the slopes, there is some basic safety information you should know:
- Protect your eyes. It would be best to use goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and any branches or stones you might encounter.
- Dress in warm clothing. You are advised to wear more than one layer of clothing and always wear a hat and gloves. Purchasing some thermal clothing that keeps the heat in would be recommended.
- Know your limits. You may be an experienced Skier, but you should try to be on or off-piste with a friend and always know when it is time for a break.
- Follow good piste etiquette. It would be best to always give way to those in front or below you. Doing so will lower the chance of any potential accidents or injuries.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have been Skiing before and may have had an injury or accident whilst participating in Skiing, you must declare this when purchasing a policy.
We have several providers who can offer travel insurance, including Skiing and if you have a pre-existing medical condition.