Ski Seasonaire Travel Insurance
Whether you plan to Ski or Snowboard all day or work in a Ski Chalet, Restaurant, or Bar Work, these Ski Season Insurance policies will also cover you for your leisure time and any recreational Skiing or Snowboarding you plan to do on your time off on or off-piste.
When getting a quote online for a Ski Season
Select a Scheme: Standard, Long Stay or Long Stay Plus, and then a COVER OPTION.
Please select ACTIVITY PACK 2 so that you are covered for the Ski Season including on-piste skiing and off-piste with a guide.
Select ACTIVITY PACK 4 if you want to be covered for Backcountry skiing or Off Piste without a Guide for a Ski Season
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us at 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights of our Ski Seasonaire Cover
- Medical Insurance up to £5m - Covering any ski or snowboard-related accidents on the slopes.
- Rescue from the Mountain.
- Any Medical Expenses contracted (including Covid-19)
- Repatriation back to the UK
- 2 trips are allowed back to the UK for a maximum duration of 21 days per trip within the Standard and Longstay policy.
- 4 trips are allowed up to 31 days per trip back to the UK on the Longstay Plus policy.
- Other Winter Sports Activities covered are Snowmobiling, Tobogganing, Ski touring, Ice Climbing, Snow Go Karting, Off Piste without a Guide, and many others *
- Gadget Cover (Longstay & Longstay Plus policies only) - We will provide cover for theft, accidental damage, loss, breakdown and unauthorised call/data use of your gadget. Gadgets such as Mobile phones, tablets, Cameras, and more.
Find out more about our season cover below:
- Summary of Cover
- Ski Season Example Premiums
- Top 10 Ski Season Insurance FAQs
- Definitions of our wintersports policies
- Ski Insurance policies we offer
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Standard||Longstay||Longstay Plus|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£2,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Personal Money and Passport||-||£500||£500|
|Study or Work Placement Abroad*||£6,000||£6,000||£6,000|
*Study or Work Placement Abroad Extension - Available at an additional premium.
**Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
Long Stay Travel Insurance is arranged for JS Travel Insurance through PJ Hayman & Company Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). Registered office: Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6DX. Reg no. 2534965.
Ski Season Example Premium
These example Travel Insurance premiums were generated on the 4th of October 2022 and are based on the age band of 18 to 40 years old, these premiums can be subject to change, please see premiums below:
Europe - Standard with Winter Sports
- 4 months - £132.35
- 5 months - £142.06
- 6 months - £151.90
Europe - Standard with Winter Sports (includes Activity Pack 4 ie: off-piste without a guide and Backcountry Skiing, Ski Terrain Park)
- 4 months - £267.60
- 5 months - £277.30
- 6 months - £287.15
Worldwide - Standard with Winter Sports
- 4 months - £228.60
- 5 months - £252.72
- 6 months - £277.16
Worldwide - Standard with Winter Sports (includes Activity pack 4 ie : off-piste without a guide, Backcountry Skiing, Ski Terrain Park)
- 4 months - £363.85
- 5 months - £387.97
- 6 months - £412.41
Summary of the Standard Cover:
- Medical - £2,000,000
- Cancellation - £1,000
- Baggage - £750
- Gadget Cover - None
Please contact us if you are older than 18-40 years of age and we can provide rates. 0800 043 0020 or email@example.com
Top 10 Ski Season Insurance FAQs
1. Can I return home during the season to the UK for a few days and go back?
Answer: Yes you can return home with our Policies, 2 trips up to 21 days on the longstay and 4 trips home up to 31 days on the upgraded longstay Plus policy so you can come home for Christmas.
If you are going to do this it may be an idea to look at purchasing an Annual Policy with Unlimited Ski.
Answer: The big part missing is Repatriation which is part of the Medical coverage to 5M. There are also other benefits such as cancellation and personal possessions in Ski Season Policy
3. Am I able to ski or snowboard every day on this Policy?
Answer: Yes this policy offers UNLIMITED skiing, you can ski every single day of the season if you choose to, be that from December to April or November to May.
4. If I injure myself during the season and I have to return home, am I covered?
Answer: All of our policies cover Repatriation back to your home country. This benefit is part of Medical Expenses. Some of the reasons for Repatriation are due to medical treatment not being available in your location or the Emergency Assistance Company considering it to be necessary for you to be returned to your home for further treatment.
5. Is normal travel insurance included in the Policy when I am not skiing or boarding?
Answer: Yes we cover you for any illness (including Covid) and all other benefits apply, see covid-19 cover at the bottom of the page.
6. Am I able to upgrade the Policy to cover Off piste without a guide within its duration?
Answer: This is a question we get asked many times, Yes you can, this is particularly relevant if you are progressing in your skiing or boarding and are starting to be more adventurous.
7. If I Ski Off-piste is there Search and Rescue covered on this ski seasonaire policy?
Answer: This policy will cover rescue in the event of an emergency or where it is medically necessary, if you have been located and need rescuing from the situation then you will be covered.
8. Does the Ski Season Policy cover any accidents that I have while working in the resort?
Answer: Yes it will cover you for Bar Work, Chalet Hosting or Manual Work outdoors including ladders. The average height of two stories would be 20ft or around 6 meters, No powered Machinery
9. What are the age limits of the Ski Season Policy?
- 18 - 75 years - Europe
- 18 - 70 years - USA/Canada
10. Why do Season Policies for the USA and Canada cost more than Policies for Europe?
Answer: This is simple, the medical care costs are a lot higher in the USA/Canada compared to any other geographical region.
Definitions of our wintersports policies
Activity Pack 2:
- On-piste Skiing - Skiing, including skiing on areas in and around the resort, but off the actual marked pistes, such as a hillside between marked pistes, or down slopes adjacent to marked runs, but always finishing at the bottom of tows or lifts within the resort and never in areas cordoned off or restricted.
- Off-piste cover with a guide - Skiing within ski area boundaries, off marked and groomed pistes and in between groomed trails and runs, where ski lifts and emergency services are easily accessible and ending back at a ski area lift. Not including areas marked or prohibited from entry.
Activity Pack 3:
- Ski Terrain Park (Excluding Freestyle) - Use of the pre-made equipment or jumps within the terrain park. Any jumps or half pipes etc that are in the terrain park. However, you cannot do these activities outside of these specific areas.
Activity Pack 4:
Off-piste without a guide - Skiing within ski area boundaries, off marked and groomed pistes, and in between groomed trails and runs, where ski lifts and emergency services are easily accessible and ending back at a ski area lift. Not including areas marked or prohibited from entry.
Backcountry Skiing - Skiing on unmarked or unpatrolled areas either inside or outside a ski resort's boundaries
Ski Freestyle - Includes stunts of their own choosing outside of a terrain/snow park.
Ski Insurance policies we offer
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance policy for a Ski Season can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.