0800 043 0020
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > Motorcycling Travel Insurance

Important Information About Our Policies and COVID-19

Motorcycling Travel Insurance Quote

Loading Calculator

Motorcycling Travel Insurance

If you are planning a Motorcycling trip abroad, you should have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you travel. To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / support@jsinsurance.co.uk Summary of Cover Who is…

Read More..

If you are planning a Motorcycling trip abroad, you should have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you travel.

To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / support@jsinsurance.co.uk

Summary of Cover

Section & Cover Silver Gold Platinum
Cancellation or Curtailment £1,000 £3,000 £7,500
Medical and Repatriation £10,000,000 £10,000,000 £10,000,000
Personal Property £1,000 £1,500 £4,000
Laptop Cover £500 £500 £500
Gadget Cover* £1,000 £1,000 £1,000
Personal Money £150 £500 £750
Delayed Departure £100 £1,000 £1,000
Missed Departure £250 £500 £1,000
Legal Expenses £25,000 £25,000 £25,000
Schedule Airline Failure £1,500 £1,500 £1,500
End Supplier Failure £1,500 £1,500 £1,500
Overseas Return Quarantine Included Included Included
Standard Excess** £100 £50 £35

*The Gadget Cover can be added on the quote page at an additional premium.

**The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.

Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.

Please read the Restrictions and Exclusions of the policy.

This Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. Licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.

Who is Motorcycling Travel Insurance for?

JS Travel Insurance will cover anyone using a Motorcycle with an engine size of 50cc to 350cc and above. The policy will also cover you for using a Scooter or a Moped.

Your UK Licence must state that you can ride this type of vehicle on public roads and more information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/ride-motorcycle-moped

Common Exclusions

You will not be able to race a Motorcycle, and you must have a valid United Kingdom License that allows you to ride a Motorcycle of equivalent size.

You should also check the local road laws so that you abide by them as if you do not, this might invalidate a claim.

Motorcycle Safety Tips

There are many things you can do to improve your saftey when riding a Motorcycle.

  • Wear a Helmet. You may want to ride a Motorcycle without using a helmet in a hot climate. If you have an accident you are more likely to receive a head injury. Any helmet should comply with safety guidelines and it should always fit correctly.
  • Wear Protective Clothing. It may in hot climates to wear only the basic clothing, however it is important that cover up any exposed skin. Try to wear gloves, boots and a leather jacket and trousers.
  • Be careful going around bends. Most accidents will happen on corners, either because you are going to fast or you are on the wrong side of the road. Take it easy and try and slow down before taking a corner.

Motorcycling - Off Road

If you are planning a trip and will be motorcycling but not on man made public roads and will be doing some off road motorcycling, we are able to cover this activity in Europe Only. There are no restrictions on the size of the engine size.

Please Note: There is no cover for Racing or Time Trails.

Please select: Motorcycling - Adventure Riding / Endurance - EUROPE ONLY


Pre Existing Medical Conditions

If you have pre existing medical conditions and you plan to be Motorcycling whilst travelling abroad, we are able to provide you with a policy.

On the quote page you need to select Hazardous Activity Pack C.


Please check the Terms and Conditions for any Restrictions or Exclusions.

Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover

Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.

All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

  • Emergency Medical treatment and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
  • Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
  • Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.

Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption