0800 043 0020
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > Motorcycle Touring Travel Insurance

Motorcycle Touring Travel Insurance

If you plan to participate in Motorcycle Touring whilst abroad or will be working overseas for some time.

It would be best if you started the policy from when you leave your home until your return so that you are fully covered for the trip.

We have partnered with Voyager Travel Insurance to cover you for Motorcycle Touring.

Motorcycle Touring (maximum 31 consecutive days) is covered as Standard.

Activities - Action & Action Plus (if required) are available once an initial price has been selected.


To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 support@jsinsurance.co.uk

Summary of Cover (per person)

Section & Cover Standard Enhanced Prime Supreme
Emergency Medical and Repatriation £5,000,000 £7,500,000 £10,000,000 £10,000,000
Cancellation or Curtailment £1,000 £2,500 £5,000 £10,000
Personal Baggage £1,000 £1,500 £2,500 £3,500
Personal Money £350 £750 £1,250 £1,500
Missed Departure/Journey Disruption £250 £500 £750 £1,000
Holiday Financial Protection - £1,500 £1,500 £3,000

Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.

Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.

Motorcycle Touring Travel Insurance FAQs

If I fall off my Motorcycle, am injured, have an accident, and need medical treatment, am I covered?

Our policy will cover Medical Expenses and Repatriation if you fall off, have an accident, are injured, and require medical treatment.

What is the difference between Motorcycling and Motorcycle Touring?

The main difference is that motorcycling is when you are staying in one area whilst travelling and using a motorcycle to get around where you are visiting. Motorcycle Touring is if you use a motorcycle as a form of transport between different areas, countries and even regions.

Do I need a UK licence allowing me to ride a motorcycle aboard?

Yes, you must have a full (clean) UK Licence, allowing you to use the engine size of the bike you plan to use whilst Motorcycle touring.

If I am Motorcycle touring and I have a passenger in either a pillion (a seat for a passenger behind a motorcyclist) or a sidecar, are we both covered?

Yes, you are. As long as you are both named on the policy, you will be covered for the benefits listed in the wording.

Am I covered from when I leave my home to when I return to my home in the UK?

Yes, you are. If you use a motorcycle to travel to a port and go to Europe, cover commences when you leave your home until you return.

Am I covered if I use a hired motorcycle and not my Motorcycle?

You would be covered for medical expenses, repatriation, and the rest of the benefits listed. Please Note: The Motorcycle is not covered under these policies, and you should have separate insurance coverage. If you are hiring a Motorcycle, you should check with the hiring company that they have cover for the Motorcycle.

Do you cover other types of Motorcycling?

Yes, we can cover Motorcycling (Off-Road Motorcycling) and Motorcycling - Track Days.

Is my Motorcycle covered under this Travel Insurance policy?

No, we do not cover the Motorcycle itself. However, we provide a policy that covers the European Motor Breakdown Insurance policy through one of our providers. This policy will cover getting your Motorcycle back to the UK.

Can I get Travel Insurance if I am on a Motorcycle at altitude?

Yes, we can cover this through our Adventure policy. You must select Motorcycling with an appropriate UK licence on Public Roads to cover this activity. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us, and we can provide you with a quote.

Rescue and Medical Assistance

Any costs incurred if you require Rescue and Emergency transfer to a hospital or clinic.

These costs are covered for a period not exceeding 72 hours from when assistance is first summoned.

Off Road Motorcycling

This policy will cover if you plan to do Off-Road Motorcycling or Rallies.

  • Motorcycling - Rallies with high endurance, rugged terrain - Europe
  • Motorcycling - Rallies with high endurance, rough terrain - Worldwide


Please Note: The policy does not allow jumps, stunts, racing or similar.

Pre-Existing Medical Conditions

If you have been Motorcycle Touring before and may have had an injury or accident whilst participating in Motorcycle Touring, you would need to declare this when purchasing a policy.


Useful Website

Lets Ride Spain

Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption