European Motor Breakdown Insurance
JS Travel Insurance can provide European Motor Breakdown cover for Cars, Motorcycles as well as Caravans.
For Self Drive Holidays or Business Trips within Europe by Car or Motorbike, we can provide you with a 24 hour Breakdown and Recovery Service, allowing you to travel with confidence knowing assistance is only a phone call away.
Please check the Terms and Conditions for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
Alternatively, please contact us by telephone or email on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or 01273 773 017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Key Features
- Vehicles Covered
- Caravans & Trailers
- Countries Covered
- Key Limitations
- Before You Travel
- Event of a Breakdown
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Information
Summary of Cover
The following is only a Summary of the main Motor Breakdown Cover limits per insured vehicle.
|Section & Cover (per insured vehicle)||Limit (up to)|
|Cover before you leave
Replacment Vehicle (per day)
|Emergency Roadside Repairs
& getting your Vehicle to a Garage
Getting you Home or
|Spare Parts delivered for
|Damage to Vehicle
after theft / attempted theft
Getting your insured Vehicle back
|Collecting your insured vehicle from
If there is no qualified driver available
|Customs Duty Cover
Vehicle Disposal (duty cost)
|Guarantee of Spanish Bail Deposits||£1,000|
|Legal Advice & Expenses
Judicial Hearing in Continental Europe
Judicial Hearing in United Kingdom
There is No Excess to pay on this Policy for any of the sections of cover.
- 24 hour Motor Breakdown Assistance provided by Allianz Global Assistance.
- Cover for Vehicles up to 15 years old.
- Choose between Single Trip (up to 90 days) or Annual Multi-Trip (up to 31 days per trip).
- Roadside & Recovery and Replacement Vehicle (if necessary).
- Repatriation for You, your Car and all your Passengers.
- Option to include a Towed Caravan or Trailer up to 15 years old.
- 7 days of cover before the start of your journey to help ensure you get on the road.
Euro Plus is available to United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Island Residents.
The ‘Insured Vehicle’ must be no more than 15 years old at the date the policy is purchased (please refer to page 2. of the Insurance Policy Wording for full eligibility details).
You must have a clean UK Drivers Licence that covers the Vehicle you’re driving.
The Vehicle shown on the policy schedule which must be:
1. A car, motorcycle over 150cc, motorised caravan, minibus, light van, estate car or 4x4 sport utility vehicle registered in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
2. Towed caravans or trailers are not covered unless agreed in writing by us and the additional premium paid.
3. No more than 15 years old at the date you buy the policy.
4. Not more than 3,500kg in weight (including any load), 7 metres long, 3 metres high and 2.3 metres wide.
5. Not carrying more than the recommended number of passengers (maximum being 8 including the driver).
6. Kept in a safe and roadworthy condition and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
Caravans & Trailers
Towed Caravans and trailers are not automatically covered by the Policy. For an Additional Premium, you can include cover for a Towed Caravan or Trailer up to 15 years old. This is available as an add-on option during the quote process.
Euro Plus covers you within the following Continental countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canaries, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City.
(1) The policy does not cover trips within the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, other than during the direct journeys between your home and your international departure point.
(2) You will not be covered if you travel to a country where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all travel or all but essential travel. For further details visit gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Please read the Policy Wording provided with your Quote or Policy Documents for the full Exclusions and Limitations.
Before You travel
Euro Plus is an Assistance Only service. Please contact your Motor Insurance Company to check the level of cover provided when you are abroad and whether a Green Card is required.
When the Motoring Breakdown Service has provided a replacement Vehicle, you will be expected to leave a cash or credit card deposit and produce a clean Driving Licence.
Please make yourself aware of relevant driving regulations abroad.
Event of a Breakdown
Please read the Policy Wording provided with the Quotation or Policy Documents.
This will provide full details of who to call in the event of a Breakdown, how to contact them, and what important steps you must take in the event of a claim.
Your Policy Wording includes a section called ‘Making a Claim’.
Please contact the Claims Team as soon as possible with full details of anything which may result in a claim and give them all the information they ask for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an Excess to pay ?
No. There is no excess to pay.
Can I keep the replacement Vehicle ?
No. This is a temporary replacement vehicle and must be returned by the date agreed by the Claims Team.
Is there a limit on the CC of motorbike ?
No. However, you must meet the other eligibility criteria. Please see the above section called ‘Vehicles Covered’.
Do you cover one way trips ?
Cover for one way journeys is available on payment of an additional premium. The maximum duration for such journeys is 31 days, although cover will cease 48 hours after your arrival at your destination.
If I get a replacement car within the first 7 days of cover prior to the start of my planned journey, when will I have to return it ? Will I be able to drive the replacement on holiday ?
We will arrange and pay up to £2,000 in total (£100 per day) for a replacement Vehicle if the insured vehicle cannot be repaired or recovered prior to the start of your journey; or the insured vehicle is stolen within seven days of the start of your journey (but not before the date your policy was issued) and not recovered or replaced prior to your journey.
Are Motor Racing and Rallies covered ?
No. I am afraid we will not cover the Vehicle.
European Motor Breakdown Insurance is arranged for Jade Stanley Limited through P J Hayman & Company Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). Registered office: Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6DX. Reg no. 2534965.
Euro Plus is underwritten by AWP P&C SA and is administered in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance. For your added protection, the insurer is covered by the FSCS.