European Motor Breakdown Insurance
JS Travel Insurance can cover European Motor Breakdown for Cars, Motorcycles and Caravans.
Self Drive or Business Trips within Europe by Car or Motorbike.
We can provide you with a 24-hour Breakdown and Recovery Service, allowing you to travel confidently, knowing assistance is only a phone call away.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us at 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Key Features
- Vehicles Covered
- Caravans & Trailers
- Countries Covered
- Key Limitations
- Before You Travel
- Event of a Breakdown
Summary of Cover
Please read the Policy Wording for the full cover (per Vehicle) with this European Motor Breakdown Insurance.
- Cover Breakdown Assistance, Replacement Vehicle, and Emergency Roadside Repairs before you leave.
- Getting you Home or helping you to continue your Journey - Replacement Vehicle, Extra Accommodation, Spare Parts delivered for Essential Repairs.
- Getting your insured Vehicle back - Vehicle Storage and Returning the insured Vehicle.
- You are collecting your insured Vehicle from Continental Europe - Vehicle Collection and Storage.
- If no qualified driver is available for your insured Vehicle - Storage, Transporting Home, or Extra Accommodation.
- Customer Duty Cover.
- Legal Advice & Expenses.
There is No Excess to pay on this Policy for any of the cover sections.
European Motor Breakdown Insurance is arranged for JS Travel Insurance through P J Hayman & Company Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). Registered office: Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6DX. Reg no. 2534965.
Euro Plus is underwritten by AWP P&C SA and is administered in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance. For your added protection, the insurer is covered by the FSCS.
- Allianz Global Assistance provides 24-hour Motor Breakdown Assistance.
- Cover for Vehicles up to 15 years old.
- Choose between a Single Trip (up to 90 days) or an Annual Multi-Trip (up to 31 days per trip).
- Roadside & Recovery and Replacement Vehicle (if necessary).
- Repatriation for you, your Car or Motorcycle and all your Passengers.
- Option to include a Towed Caravan or Trailer up to 15 years old.
- Seven days of cover before the start of your journey to help ensure you get on the road.
Euro Plus is available to the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Island Residents.
The 'Insured Vehicle' must be no more than 15 years old when the Policy is purchased (please refer to page 2. of the Policy Wording for complete eligibility details).
You must have a UK Driver's Licence that covers the Vehicle you are driving.
The Vehicle shown on the policy schedule must be:
1. A car, motorcycle over 150cc, motorised caravan, minibus, light van, estate car or 4x4 sport utility vehicle registered in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
2. Towed caravans or trailers are not covered unless we agree in writing and the additional premium is paid.
3. No more than 15 years old when you buy the Policy.
4. Not more than 3,500kg in weight (including any load), 7 metres long, 3 metres high and 2.3 metres wide.
5. Not carrying more than the recommended number of passengers (maximum being eight, including the driver).
6. Kept in a safe and roadworthy condition and serviced by the manufacturer's specifications.
Caravans & Trailers
The Policy does not automatically cover towed Caravans and trailers. For an Additional Premium, you can include cover for a Towed Caravan or Trailer up to 15 years old. This is available as an add-on option during the quote process.
Euro Plus covers you within the following Continental countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canaries, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City.
(1) The Policy does not cover trips within the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man other than during the direct journeys between your home and your international departure point.
(2) You will not be covered if you travel to a country where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all travel or all but essential travel.
For further details, visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Please read the Policy Wording provided with your Quote or Policy Documents for the full Exclusions and Limitations.
Before You Travel
Euro Plus is an assistance-only service. Please contact your Motor Insurance Company to check the level of coverage provided when you are abroad and whether a Green Card is required.
When the Motoring Breakdown Service has provided a replacement Vehicle, you will be expected to leave a cash or credit card deposit and produce a UK Driving Licence.
Please make yourself aware of relevant driving regulations abroad.
Event of a Breakdown
Please read the Policy Wording provided with the Quotation or Policy Documents.
This will provide full details of who to call in the event of a Breakdown, how to contact them, and what essential steps you must take in the event of a claim.
Your Policy Wording includes a section called 'Making a Claim'.
Please contact the Claims Team as soon as possible with full details of anything that may result in a claim and give them all the information they ask for.