Tall Ship Sailing Travel Insurance | JS Insurance

Tall Ship Sailing Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance for Tall Ship Sailing

Tall Ship Sailing Travel Insurance within and outside territorial waters, we provide cover for passengers and crew members who sail with the Jubilee Sailing Trust and other Sailing Companies, including their 2 main ships: the STS Lord Nelson and SV Tenacious.

The ships sail around the United Kingdom and Europe, Canary Islands and as far as the Caribbean Islands. Their ships are brilliant as they’re designed specifically for all ages and abilities, catering particularly for those with physical disabilities and wheelchair users. There are wheelchair cabins as well as normal single bunk cabins. You can find more information at www.jst.org.uk.

Why you should choose JS Travel Insurance for your Sailing Adventure

Over the last few years, we have provided Travel Insurance for hundreds of travellers sailing with the Jubilee Trust and we’ve therefore become highly recommended to this group of travellers.

Tall Ship Sailing Cover

Our Travel Insurance covers all Medical Expenses including treatment locally and even Repatriation back to the United Kingdom. If you need to be accompanied when you’re flown back home for treatment, the Policy will pay for that person to fly home with you.

We cover most Pre Existing Medical Conditions too, you would need to select Category C Activity Cover on the quote page and this policy only covers European waters if you have medical conditions. If you are Tall Ship Sailing outside of Europe, please call us to get a quote 0800 047 5065.

For more information about our Policies, visit our website  JS Travel Insurance .

Tall Ship Sailing Travel Insurance – Example Premiums

Including cover for crewing, for 0-54 years of age (no pre existing medical conditions):

  • 7 days (within Territorial Waters) starts at £7.63 (Silver Cover)
  • 7 days (outside of Territorial Waters) at £22.89 (Silver Cover)

We can provide Annual Multi Trip cover as well for anyone over the age of 18 year old.

Any extra option is to include cover for your Gadgets, such as mobile phone or tablet, for an additional £9.00 for a Single Trip, or £18.00 for an Annual Multi Trip Policy.

Territorial Waters Explained

It is best to check if you will be Sailing within Territorial Waters or outside of Territorial Waters.  The difference between the two is:

  • Within Territorial Waters is the area that is controlled by the country that you are visiting and is within 12 nautical miles from the shore.
  • Outside Territorial Waters is the area that is controlled by International Marine Laws and Jurisdiction and is outside 12 nautical miles from the shore.

For example, if you are planning a Tall Ship Sailing trip and you will be staying within the United Kingdom coastline and not visiting any other country, you would need cover for within Territorial Waters. If on the other hand, you will be Tall Ship Sailing and will be sailing to the Channel Islands or France for example, then you would need to be covered for outside Territorial Waters. Please have a look at a more detailed explanation of Territorial Waters.

JS Travel Insurance Policies Explained

Our Tall Ship Sailing Travel Insurance will cover you for Medical Emergencies and Treatment up to £10,000,000, Personal Baggage up to £2,500, Cancellation and Curtailment up to £3,000 plus many other Benefits.

You can choose between three levels of cover: JS Silver,  JS Gold and JS Platinum –  with decreasing Excesses and increased cover, with Gadget Cover as an additional option.

Please call us for a quote today on 0800 047 5065 or email us with your enquiry info@jsinsurance.co.uk – we can get you the best quote from our Providers to suit your requirements, the length of your voyage and if you have any medical conditions.

We have a “No Age Limit” and rarely if ever refuse cover to any of our prospective customers.

Happy Sailing !!!


Travel Insurance Reviews
JS Travel Insurance Reviews

01273 773 017 / 0800 047 5065


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *