Did you know that Covid-19 is now a Medical Condition and can be added to your Travel Insurance Policy? Will you be covered for it if it is declared on your Policy while you are away?
Cancellation – If you are infected within 14 days of departure.
Medical Expenses – All medical expenses for your Long Covid that you incur while away.
Overseas Return Quarantine – Should you be denied boarding, fees or travel and accommodation costs incurred
JS Travel Insurance explain everything you need to know about Long Covid-19:
- The Symptoms
- UK Long Covid-19 Stats
- Step by Step Guide on getting a quote/policy
- Before you travel and More
How do I know if I have Long COVID-19?
Long Covid-19 is now diagnosed as a medical condition via your doctors / local practitioners.
COVID-19 affects people in different ways, and so does the recovery. Many people start to feel better in a few days, and most will recover within 12 weeks.
But for some people, the symptoms can last longer; this is classified as Long COVID-19; here is a list of Symptoms:
- Brain Fog
- Taste/Smell Loss
- Difficulties in Concentration
- Hair Loss
- Heart Inflammation
- Kidney Damage
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Scarring in the Lungs
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
How many people in the UK have Covid-19?
According to the Office of National Statistics on 06/01/2022, it was estimated that 1.3 Million people living in private households in the UK had self-reported Covid-19, which is 2.0% of the UK Population.
Step-by-step guide on getting a quote/policy for Travel Insurance with Long COVID-19?
Get confirmation from your doctors/local practitioner that you have been diagnosed with Covid-19.
Going through the Medical Screening online by getting GET A QUOTE, fill in your information and travel dates, and you will be asked the following set of questions:
- Have you completely recovered with no further treatment, symptoms or ongoing complications?
- Have you had unplanned hospital admissions for this condition in the last 12 months?
- Have you required hospital treatment for COVID-19 or its long-term symptoms in the last 12 months?
- Have you been diagnosed with any of the following conditions?
- How has your condition been treated?
Once you have completed the Medical Screening questions, you will receive a quote for your Travel Insurance.
Once you have confirmed your quote / proceeded with the Policy, the Documents will be provided via email or post.
If you have any further questions, we are happy to help you; please call us on 01273 092 757 or contact us via jsinsurance.co.uk
Before Travelling with Long COVID-19
Travel advice for COVID-19 changes frequently; we recommend following these three steps before you travel:
- Check travel restrictions for people in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Check the travel advice for the destination you’re travelling to. Click Here for more.
- It’s essential to check the FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) Advice Checklist if you’re planning a trip overseas, especially to a high-risk destination.
- Get a GHIC Card before you travel and take this with you.
- Ensure you have your medication with you, and also check that you can replenish these at your destination.
If you still suffer from Long COVID-19 symptoms and have been diagnosed by doctors, we recommend getting a quote or adding this to your Travel Insurance policy for extra safety measures; please follow the step-by-step guide provided by JS Travel Insurance on obtaining/adding this to your policy.
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy your trip!
0800 043 0050