0800 043 0020
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > Sports & Activities > Manual Work Travel Insurance
Manual Work Travel Insurance Quote

Loading Calculator

Manual Work Travel Insurance

It is essential to have Travel Insurance if you are taking part in Manual Work abroad to ensure that any injuries sustained are covered under Medical and repatriation Expenses. When getting Travel Insurance (Manual Work), you can also select one or more of the following:  Manual Work (up to 9 metres / Machinery Non-Manual Work We can cover business owners,…

Read More..

It is essential to have Travel Insurance if you are taking part in Manual Work abroad to ensure that any injuries sustained are covered under Medical and repatriation Expenses.

When getting Travel Insurance (Manual Work), you can also select one or more of the following: 

  • Manual Work (up to 9 metres / Machinery
  • Non-Manual Work

We can cover business owners, employees, or those who are self-employed.

To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 support@jsinsurance.co.uk

Summary of Cover (per person)

Section & Cover Silver Gold Platinum
Emergency Medical and Repatriation* £5,000,000 £5,000,000 £5,000,000
Cancellation or Curtailment* - £3,000 £7,500
Personal Baggage* £500 £2,500 £3,500
Activity Equipment £1,500 £1,500 £1,500
Valuables* £250 £250 £500
Loss of Passport* - £300 £500
Travel Delay - £300 £1,000
Trip Abandonment* - £3,000 £7,500
Missed Departure / Connection - £500 £500
Legal Expenses* - £25,000 £50,000

*Excess payables vary depending on the claim benefit.

Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.

Healix Insurance Services Ltd, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.

Manual Work Travel Insurance FAQs

1. Am I covered if I am injured whilst working and need emergency medical treatment? 

Our travel policies include Emergency Medical and Repatriation, which cover up to £5m whilst you are working.

All policies come with a 24/7 Emergency Assistance Line to call in the case of a medical emergency.

2. Does this policy cover Personal Liability whilst I am working? 

No, we do not cover any liability arising directly or indirectly from pursuing any business, trade, profession, or occupation.

Your employer or business should hold a Personal Liability policy.

3. Does this manual work policy cover cancellation? 

Yes, this policy includes cancellation cover if you fall ill, get injured, or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of departure and cannot travel. 

This would cover any pre-paid accommodation or flights up to the sum on the policy wording.

Please Note: This policy does NOT cover any loss of earnings or contract proceeds.

4. What type of Manual Work does this policy cover me for?

This policy will cover you for Manual Work at the Ground Level, including light Machinery; however, we do cover other aspects of Manual Work, such as:

  • Manual Work (up to 9 Metres / Machinery)
  • Non-Manual Labour

Please learn more about the types of Manual Work covered in the section below.

5. Does this policy cover my tools?

Yes, this policy includes cover for Owned Activity Equipment up to £1,500 for accidental damage, loss, or theft in transit or locked storage.

This policy does not cover activity equipment whilst in use.

6. How long can I travel for on this manual work policy? 

JS Travel Insurance Single Trip Policies allow you to travel for up to 180 days, including manual Work. We cover many people travelling to Germany, France, Italy, and Holland

7. Can I get an Annual Policy for Manual Work? 

If you travel for Work frequently, then an annual policy is a good idea.

Our Annual policies offer a 31-day maximum trip length days per trip with unlimited Manual Work. 

This is a good idea if you have a last-minute project you need to attend to.

Find out more about Manual Work Annual-Multi Trip Benefits in the section below.

8. Will this policy cover me when I am not doing the manual Work?

Yes, this Travel Insurance includes manual Work and offers travel Insurance benefits such as Medical and Repatriation, Travel Delay, Cancellation, Personal Baggage, and more. 

9. What is the age limit on this Manual Work policy?

We can offer manual work travel insurance policies up to 64 years old. 

If you are 65 and over, we can cover you through our provider, Adventures, which offers coverage for up to 75 years old. 

10. I'm looking to combine my manual work trip with some leisure activities. Is this possible? 

Yes, JS Travel Insurance covers over 400 sports and activities. When getting a quote, please select the planned leisure activities you want to cover in the activity list so that you are covered.

11. Can I get coverage if I have pre-existing medical conditions?

Our provider, Adventures, can cover manual Work for those with pre-existing medical conditions.

Examples of Manual Work We Cover

Ground Level including Light Machinery: 

Starting a project that entails working at ground level with the use of some light Machinery, below we listed some examples of Machinery that can be used: 

Machinery Examples:

  • Rotary Cutter
  • Electric Screwdrivers
  • Drills
  • Wrenches
  • Tape Measures
  • Sanders and more.

Occupation Examples: Painting and Decorating (not at height), Installing Small Machines, Line Painting, Electrician, Plumbing and Film Work.

Manual Work (up to 9 metres / Machinery):

Are you seeking coverage for working at height and using Machinery and manual Work? We have a specialist cover for this, which can cover Manual Work at 9 metres, including Machinery; please see examples below:

Machinery Examples:

  • Band Saws
  • Lathes
  • Moulers
  • Sharpening Systems
  • Bench Grinders
  • Polishing / Buffing Machines
  • Fixed Sanders / Belt Sander
  • Chain Saws

Occupation Examples of Manual Work (up to 9 Metres): Volunteering in Post Disaster Rescues, Window Cleaning, Tree Surgeon, Carpentry, Installing Water Park Slides, House Renovations at Height, Installation of Air Conditioning Units at Height, Installing 10-Pin Bowling Mechanical Systems, Roof Installations

Non-Manual Work:

We can also cover other non-manual Work, such as the following:

Examples of occupations are bar work, restaurant work, data analysis, IT services, child minding, and more.

Manual Work Annual Multi-Trip Benefits

If you Work Abroad and travel frequently, an Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policy, including Manual Work, is a good idea.

31-day maximum trip length days: Our policies include 31-day complete trip length days per trip with unlimited Manual Work.

Multiple Trips: You can take as many trips as possible during your 12-month policy. 

If you travel frequently, an Annual policy saves time and money as you do not need to keep taking out Single Trip policies.

Peace of Mind: A manual work annual policy gives you peace of mind that you are covered for all travel and work-related injuries or illnesses under the Emergency Medical Expenses, as well as cover for Cancellation, Personal Baggage, and more. 

24/7 Emergency Assistance Line: In the event of a Medical Emergency, you can call the assistance line for help; they can assist you with Emergency Medical care, Evacuation, Repatriation, and more.

Manual Work Insurance We Have Covered

  • Glasshouse Installations
  • Cremator Installations
  • Laboratory Instruments Installations
  • Cable Installations 
  • Marine Pilot - Climbing ladder up and down the side of the vessel to a maximum height of 9m 
  • Wind Turbine Controlling 
  • Site Surveying 
  • Home Automation
  • Set up Conference Centres 
  • Building sets at Lego Land, Copenhagen
  • Archaeological Cave Excavation
  • Installing Mini Golf on Cruise Ships 
  • Installing Car Simulators 
  • Contract Flooring 
  • Setting up Lego Land in Copenhagen 
  • Building Piano Dromes
  • Search and Rescue Training

Farm and Animal Sanctuary Work

Farm Work:

Are you planning a trip to Australia or New Zealand on a working holiday visa, including Farm Work? This is something we can cover via our provider, Longstay / Backpacker.

This includes all aspects of farming, such as driving tractors, sheep shearing, working directly with farm animals, motorcycling, and more.

Animal Sanctuary: 

We can cover Animal Sanctuary volunteer work, including working with Domestic and Wild Animals, feeding, grooming, and other Sanctuary activities.

Health & Safety at Work

All types of Manual Work will carry Health and safety risks.

If you're working or volunteering for an organisation, they should provide you with a thorough Health and safety briefing and training to help reduce the risk of harm to yourself or others.

If you haven't been given appropriate guidance, seek it out.

Whether a business is small or large, they have a duty of care to ensure its working environment is safe.

However, the Regulatory Standards will differ between foreign countries, so you may need to use your initiative more in some countries than others.

  • Make sure you have the appropriate Work Permit or Visa. Hand Brace Precision
  • Wear all appropriate protective gear and clothing as per industry best practice standards.
  • Be vigilant of hazards around the workplace.
  • Take care not to place yourself in any unnecessary danger.
  • Always ask for help if you're unsure how to carry out a duty or operate Machinery.

Pre-Existing Medical Conditions

We can provide you with a policy if you have pre-existing medical conditions and plan to participate in Manual Work. 

Our provider (Adventures) can offer travel insurance, including Manual Work if you have a pre-existing medical condition.


Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption