Important Information About Our Policies
Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel.
Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
High Cholesterol Travel Insurance
If you have High Cholestrol and you are planning a trip, you should get a Travel Insurance policy online before you leave on your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
- Summary of Cover
- Travel Insurance Extras
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Useful Website
- Important Information
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Travel Insurance Extras
|Extension Benefit||Europe (per person)||Worldwide (per person)|
Extends your policy to provide cover if you miss your pre-booked connecting Aircraft, Watercraft or Train as a result of the cancellation, or delay of 3 or more hours, on your initial international outward or return journey, due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or technical fault.
The policy provides cover up to £500 for additional transportation and/or accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to join your connecting Aircraft, Watercraft, Train or Motor vehicle or to get you to your pre-booked final destination.
We will pay up to £1,000 for the intrinsic value or cost of repair of your Gadgets (maximum £500 per Gadget), which are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whilst you are away on your trip. Unauthorised calls if your mobile phone is stolen up to £75
We can cover the following Gadgets: Mobile phones, ipads and tablet computers, e-readers, sat nav, ipods and MP3 players, cassette players/CD players, computer games machines and any equipment used with them such as CDs, games, tapes, cassettes or cartridges.
You must take reasonable care of your Gadgets and not leave them unattended in a public place. You must own the item and be able to provide proof of ownership. Allowance will be made for wear and tear and depreciation
Covers your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable transport, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you not wish to travel due to an act of terrorism occurring prior to your outbound travel date and within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
If you have already travelled, your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions and either your pre-booked return travel costs, or the cost of your curtailment travel costs, whichever is the greater up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you wish to return home due to an act of terrorism occurring within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
Epidemic or Pandemic Travel Restriction
£50 for each full 24 hour period up to a maximum of £500.
A benefit payable if, when you are abroad, you are prevented from leaving a country due to restrictions in travel caused by an epidemic or pandemic and will help with the cost of additional accommodation and living expenses.
The cover is not applicable under the following circumstances; You are travelling against Foreign Office or World Health Organisation advice or you have travelled to an area where the possibility of an epidemic or pandemic occurrence has already been announced.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover High Cholesterol, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Has a blood test ever at any time shown your cholesterol level to be raised ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- Pack more Medication than you would usually need to allow for delays. Split the medication between carry on and checked bags, in case of lost luggage, and bring along a note or prescription from your doctor.
- Maintain your Medication intake whilst on holiday, as well as a healthy diet and exercise regime to keep your cholesterol levels down. When eating abroad, avoid foods that have high fats or high cholesterol levels.
- Pack healthy snacks and consider booking accommodation with a kitchen so that you can better control your diet.
- Ensure there is a lot of fiber in your diet while travelling and when you are abroad. Carry fiber supplements.
- If you have High Cholesterol you may have an increased risk of is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). This is when blood clots form in the legs or pelvis. To reduce this risk walking down the aisle of the plane every hour so and do some stretches in you seat.
- Check where the nearest hospital or clinic is to where you are going and make a checklist of your medicines (including the brand name and general name) and names of medicines that are commonly used to treat High Cholesterol.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your High Cholesterol or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.