High Cholesterol Travel Insurance
If you have High Cholestrol and you are planning a trip, you should get a Travel Insurance policy online before you leave on your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover High Cholesterol, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Has a blood test ever at any time shown your cholesterol level to be raised ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- Pack more Medication than you would usually need to allow for delays. Split the medication between carry on and checked bags, in case of lost luggage, and bring along a note or prescription from your doctor.
- Maintain your Medication intake whilst on holiday, as well as a healthy diet and exercise regime to keep your cholesterol levels down. When eating abroad, avoid foods that have high fats or high cholesterol levels.
- Pack healthy snacks and consider booking accommodation with a kitchen so that you can better control your diet.
- Ensure there is a lot of fiber in your diet while travelling and when you are abroad. Carry fiber supplements.
- If you have High Cholesterol you may have an increased risk of is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). This is when blood clots form in the legs or pelvis. To reduce this risk walking down the aisle of the plane every hour so and do some stretches in you seat.
- Check where the nearest hospital or clinic is to where you are going and make a checklist of your medicines (including the brand name and general name) and names of medicines that are commonly used to treat High Cholesterol.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your High Cholesterol or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.