High Cholesterol Travel Insurance
If you have High Cholestrol and you are planning a trip, you should get a Travel Insurance policy online before you leave on your trip. If a person has High Cholesterol, he or she will have a much higher risk of getting some kind of Heart Disease. A waxy substance that is common in the fat in ones blood, Cholesterol is an essential part of a healthy body. High amounts of Cholesterol, however, can cause the deposit of fat in blood vessels, which can clog arteries and cause heart disease, such as Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke or a Heart Attack.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands.
If you are a Resident of the Republic of Ireland, please get a quote for Travel Insurance or call us to discuss your requirements.
- Summary of Cover
- High Cholesterol Medical Questions
- Treatment for High Cholesterol
- Travel Advise with High Cholesterol
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
High Cholesterol Medical Questions
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover High Cholesterol, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Has a blood test EVER at any time shown your cholesterol level to be raised ?
- Have you been advised to take Medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
Treatment for High Cholesterol
Changes to diet, increasing level of exercise and stopping smoking are advised to treat High Cholesterol. Cholesterol lowering Medication such as Statins, Aspirin or Ezetimibe may be prescribed.
Travel Advice with High Cholesterol
- Pack more Medication than you would usually need to allow for delays. Split the medication between carry on and checked bags, in case of lost luggage, and bring along a note or prescription from your doctor.
- Maintain your Medication intake whilst on holiday, as well as a healthy diet and exercise regime to keep your cholesterol levels down. When eating abroad, avoid foods that have high fats or high cholesterol levels.
- Pack healthy snacks and consider booking accommodation with a kitchen so that you can better control your diet.
- Stay Hydrated , drink plenty of water.
- Ensure there is a lot of fiber in your diet while travelling and when you are abroad. Carry fiber supplements.
- If you have High Cholesterol you may have an increased risk of is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). This is when blood clots form in the legs or pelvis. To reduce this risk walking down the aisle of the plane every hour so and do some stretches in you seat. Drink plenty of fluids, avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
- Check where the nearest hospital or clinic is to where you are going and make a checklist of your medicines (including the brand name and general name) and names of medicines that are commonly used to treat High Cholesterol.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your High Cholesterol or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.