Thrombosis Travel Insurance
If you have had a Thrombosis, you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip, that covers this medical condition.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance with this condition, you will be asked a number of questions. You can ask your Doctor to help you answer these if need be. These will include:
- Where was the Thrombosis (clot)? (For this question, please ensure that you carfully select the appropriate answer (e.g. was the clot in the leg vein or leg artery?), since an incorrect answer may otherwise lead to another condition being incorrectly recorded).
- Did you also have any clots in your lungs?
- Are you still taking anticoagulant (blood-thinning) medication for THIS condition?
- How many times have you had a Thrombosis (clot)?
- Do you have a disease which makes your blood more likely than normal to clot?
Before travelling consult your Doctor if any of the following applies to you:
- You have previously suffered from a DVT of pulmonary embolism.
- You have had major surgery in the last 3 months.
- You have had a stroke.
- You have a family history of clotting conditions.
- You have Cancer or have had Cancer treatment in the past.
It is important to take any symptoms seriously in case of an embolism which can have very serious consequences.
Therefore consult a Doctor if you are concerned. Always take out a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy prior to travel.
Reduce the risks of DVT on flights and long rail and road journeys by drinking plenty of water and avoiding alcohol to reduce dehydration.
Perform simple leg exercises such as straightening legs and wiggling toes and get up and walk around regularly remember to request an aisle seat and to store your luggage in overhead lockers rather than by your feet. Wearing elastic compression socks can help but you need to make sure you have the correct size.
If travelling by road or rail take advantage of rest and refuelling stops by getting out and walking around.
Taking sleeping pills is not recommended as this leads to long periods of inactivity.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover Thrombosis or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.