Coronary Heart Disease Travel Insurance
People who have Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), a disease that’s known under a variety of names, have coronary arteries that are stuffed with plaque, preventing the influx of oxygen rich blood into the heart. This reduced flow of blood may cause Angina or even a Heart Attack. The real danger lies in the plaque that can harden over time and rupture, forming a blood clot that could completely block an artery. Coronary Heart Disease can be prevented by exercising on a regular basis, not smoking and eating healthily.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands.
If you are a Resident of the Republic of Ireland, please get a quote for Travel Insurance or call us to discuss your requirements.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Coronary Heart Disease Medical Questions
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- How many (if any) Heart Attacks have you had ?
- How long ago was the date of onset or treatment to prevent this heart problem ?
- Are you awaiting any tests, test results, surgery or to see a heart specialist about new symptoms ?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat with no chest pain or tightness or breathlessness ?
- Do you ever have any chest pain or tightness or breathlessness at rest ?
Causes of Coronary Heart Disease
- Alcohol consumption
- Lack of exercise
- A diet high in fatty foods
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Treatment of Coronary Heart Disease
An Angioplasty is when a balloon is inserted into the artery and inflated in order to crush the fatty deposits and thus reopen the artery.
A stent is a tube inserted into the blockage and can be temporary or permanent. Coronary Bypass surgery is when veins from other parts of the body are grafted on to the heart to improve blood flow. In the most extreme cases, a Heart Bypass is necessary.
Travelling with Coronary Heart Disease
Air travel is generally safe with Heart Disease. There are some exceptions:
- If you have had a Heart Attack in the last two weeks.
- If you have had Heart Surgery in the last three weeks.
- You have unstable Angina or Arrhythmia.
For general safety, you should avoid drinking alcohol during your flight as this may cause blood clots. Always carry Medication in your hand luggage in case of delay or loss of luggage.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Coronary Heart Disease or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.