Coronary Heart Disease Travel Insurance
You will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip begins if you have Coronary Heart Disease.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757
- Summary of Cover
- Medical Questions
- Treatment for Coronary Heart Disease
- Global Health Insurance Card
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- Useful Website
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- How many (if any) Heart Attacks have you had?
- How long ago was the date of onset or treatment to prevent this heart problem?
- Are you awaiting any tests, test results, surgery or to see a heart specialist about new symptoms?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat with no chest pain or tightness or breathlessness?
- Do you ever have any chest pain or tightness or breathlessness at rest?
Treatment for Coronary Heart Disease
An Angioplasty is when a balloon is inserted into the artery and inflated in order to crush the fatty deposits and thus reopen the artery.
A stent is a tube inserted into the blockage and can be temporary or permanent.
Coronary Bypass surgery is when veins from other parts of the body are grafted on to the heart to improve blood flow. In the most extreme cases, a Heart Bypass is necessary.
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternaty care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note: This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel with Coronary Heart Disease provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Covid+ policy covers Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Platinum Covid+ policy has cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.