Coronary Heart Disease Travel Insurance
You will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip begins if you have Coronary Heart Disease.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- How many (if any) Heart Attacks have you had ?
- How long ago was the date of onset or treatment to prevent this heart problem ?
- Are you awaiting any tests, test results, surgery or to see a heart specialist about new symptoms ?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat with no chest pain or tightness or breathlessness ?
- Do you ever have any chest pain or tightness or breathlessness at rest ?
Treatment for Coronary Heart Disease
An Angioplasty is when a balloon is inserted into the artery and inflated in order to crush the fatty deposits and thus reopen the artery.
A stent is a tube inserted into the blockage and can be temporary or permanent.
Coronary Bypass surgery is when veins from other parts of the body are grafted on to the heart to improve blood flow. In the most extreme cases, a Heart Bypass is necessary.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Coronary Heart Disease or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.