Angioplasty Travel Insurance
If you have had an Angioplasty and you are planning a trip abroad, you should make sure you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or 01273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When obtaining a quote, you will be asked a number of questions. These questions will only take a few moments and will give you an idea as to the cost for the policy.
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- How long ago was your Angioplasty performed ?
- At any time before your Angioplasty, did you have a Heart Attack ?
- Have you ever had any symptoms of Angina (eg chest pain, chest tightness) since your last procedure ?
- Have you had a Heart Attack at any time after your Angioplasty ?
- How many (if any) Coronary Stents do you have ?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you been advised to take medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you been advised to take a medication to lower your Cholesterol Level ?
This procedure itself is relatively quick, usually about 30 minutes, although it may take longer depending on how many arteries need treating.
After the procedure, the artery will need to be checked to see if it has been widened enough for the blood to flow through more freely which is done by monitoring a small amount of dye as it flows through the artery.
If the procedure is straight forward, you should be able to go home the same day, but sometimes an overnight stay is required. You will be advised not to drive or fly for a week after the procedure.
Following the Coronary Angioplasty, most people will require further treatment for up to a year in the form of Blood Thinning Medication.
Coronary Angioplasties are often used as an emergency treatment after a Heart Attack.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover you after an Angioplasty procedure or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.