Angioplasty Travel Insurance
If you have had an Angioplasty and are planning a trip abroad, you should ensure you have a Travel Insurance policy before you leave your home.
To contact us by telephone, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757.
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
JS Travel Insurance has partnered with Goodtogoinsurance.com to provide this Travel Insurance that covers an Angioplasty. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When obtaining a quote, you will be asked several questions. These questions will only take a few moments and will give you an idea of the cost of the policy:
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- How long ago was your Angioplasty performed?
- At any time before your Angioplasty, did you have a Heart Attack?
- Have you ever had any symptoms of Angina (e.g. chest pain, tightness) since your last procedure?
- Have you had a Heart Attack at any time after your Angioplasty?
- How many (if any) Coronary Stents do you have?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without shortness of breath?
- Have you been advised to take medication for High Blood Pressure?
- Have you been advised to take medication to lower your Cholesterol Level?
This procedure is relatively quick, usually about 30 minutes, although it may take longer depending on how many arteries need treatment.
After the procedure, the artery will need to be checked to see if it has been widened enough for the blood to flow through more freely, which is done by monitoring a small amount of dye as it flows through the artery.
If the procedure is straightforward, you should be able to go home the same day, but sometimes an overnight stay is required. You will be advised not to drive or fly for a week after the procedure.
Following the Angioplasty, most people will require further treatment for up to a year in the form of Blood Thinning Medication.
Coronary Angioplasties are often used as an emergency treatment after a Heart Attack.