Important Information About Our Policies
Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel.
Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Cancer Travel Insurance
Make sure you have a comprehensive Travel Insurance to cover you for Cancer, even if it has now been treated successfully or you have recently been diagnosed.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
- Summary of Cover
- Travel Insurance Extras
- Medical Questions
- Treatment for Cancer
- Travel Advice
- Useful Websites
- Important Information
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Travel Insurance Extras
|Extension Benefit||Europe (per person)||Worldwide (per person)|
Extends your policy to provide cover if you miss your pre-booked connecting Aircraft, Watercraft or Train as a result of the cancellation, or delay of 3 or more hours, on your initial international outward or return journey, due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or technical fault.
The policy provides cover up to £500 for additional transportation and/or accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to join your connecting Aircraft, Watercraft, Train or Motor vehicle or to get you to your pre-booked final destination.
We will pay up to £1,000 for the intrinsic value or cost of repair of your Gadgets (maximum £500 per Gadget), which are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whilst you are away on your trip. Unauthorised calls if your mobile phone is stolen up to £75
We can cover the following Gadgets: Mobile phones, ipads and tablet computers, e-readers, sat nav, ipods and MP3 players, cassette players/CD players, computer games machines and any equipment used with them such as CDs, games, tapes, cassettes or cartridges.
You must take reasonable care of your Gadgets and not leave them unattended in a public place. You must own the item and be able to provide proof of ownership. Allowance will be made for wear and tear and depreciation
Covers your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable transport, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you not wish to travel due to an act of terrorism occurring prior to your outbound travel date and within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
If you have already travelled, your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions and either your pre-booked return travel costs, or the cost of your curtailment travel costs, whichever is the greater up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you wish to return home due to an act of terrorism occurring within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
Epidemic or Pandemic Travel Restriction
£50 for each full 24 hour period up to a maximum of £500.
A benefit payable if, when you are abroad, you are prevented from leaving a country due to restrictions in travel caused by an epidemic or pandemic and will help with the cost of additional accommodation and living expenses.
The cover is not applicable under the following circumstances; You are travelling against Foreign Office or World Health Organisation advice or you have travelled to an area where the possibility of an epidemic or pandemic occurrence has already been announced.
If you have been diagnosed with Cancer or you have had Cancer in the past and would like a quote, we will ask you some medical questions.
The questions will vary depending on which type of Cancer you have but the following questions are likely to be asked in all types of Cancer:
- Has the Cancer ever spread ?
- Has the tumour been completely surgically removed ?
- How long ago was the diagnosis made ?
- If diagnosed more than a year ago, how often do you see a Doctor about this ?
- Is there any ongoing Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy or is any planned ?
- Are strong painkillers being taken ?
Types of Cancer
There are over 200 Types of Cancer which can affect any organ in the body.
If you are diagnosed with Cancer, one of the first things which needs to be established is the Grade the Cancer is at.
Grading tells the Specialist how well developed the Cancer cells look under a microscope.
If the Cancer cells look more like normal cells, then this is classed as a Low Grade Cancer. If the cells look more abnormal, this is classed as a High Grade Cancer.
Because there are so many types of Cancer, tests and treatment vary depending which Cancer you have.
Most cases will require further tests such as blood tests, X-Rays and scans. This could either be a CT/CAT scan or PET scan.
You may have also heard of Cancer Stages. Staging a Cancer describes its size and if it has spread / grown.
There are various treatment plans which you will discuss with your Specialist / Consultant depending on the type of Cancer you have and the stage the Cancer is at.
The cause of Cancer is unknown, but there are certain risk factors that increase the chances of developing the disease such as smoking, poor diet, obesity and lack of exercise.
Symptoms can include a lump, a cough (breathlessness that does not go away), changes in bowel habits, abnormal bleeding, changes in a mole and weight loss.
If you have or have had Cancer and you want to go on a trip, there are a number of things you should consider.
- Firstly, you should check with your Doctor to make sure it is safe for you to travel. If it is safe to travel, get a letter from the Doctor detailing your condition, treatment and medications.
- Ensure that you have Travel Insurance to cover your condition and get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if you are travelling within Europe.
- If you have just had treatment, the after effects on your body need to be taken into consideration.
- If you suffer from nausea or diarrhoea as a result of treatment, you need to take this into consideration when planning your trip.
- Make sure that you have enough of your Medication for the duration of your trip, plus extra to allow for delays and keep it with you in your hand luggage.
- Some types of Medication can also make you more sensitive to the sun. Make sure you have a high sunscreen, hat and long sleeves to protect yourself with from sunburn.
- If you require vaccinations for your destination you should seek advice at least 6 weeks before travel.
- If you have a weakened immune system, for example from receiving chemotherapy, you should not have any live vaccinations for at least 6 months afterwards.
- Check with your Airline and Airport Security in advance, in case there are any restrictions on your drugs or if you need a licence to travel with strong painkillers.
- Pre arrange any equipment you need, such as oxygen, for travel or at your destination.
- If you are at a higher risk of infection you may need to consider your mode of transport when travelling. Flying puts you at risk of infection or blood clots, with the possibility of Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Cancer or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.