0800 047 5065
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > Sports & Activities > Ski Racing (Training) Travel Insurance

Ski Racing (Training) Travel Insurance

If you are planning a trip abroad and you or a member of your family will be Ski Racing (School), you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home.

This policy is available for Snowboard Racing as well and we can cover children as well as adults

There are options available such as Single Trip, Annual (including children), Longstay or Seasonaire policies.


JS Travel Insurance are introducers to MPI BROKERS.

Ski Racing and Training

Please see Ski Racing cover found on MPI Winter Sports Policies:

  • Masters, Inferno, Eurotest, Inter Livery, Amateur Inter Club Championships, Parsen Derby, Military Divisional Championships (Army, Navy, Air Force), English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish Championships and National Championships (with an entry age of under 16).

Other forms of Ski Racing may not be provided as standard (but for these and other races not mentioned above may be able to provide cover upon application, which include Ski Racing in the Combined Services, the British Ski Champuioships, and any other International Racing events.)

Ski Racing Training Camps


  • Landgraaf Slalom Race Camp, Holland
  • Manchester Chill Factore, UK
  • Pembrey Slalom Camp, UK
  • Norfolk 5 day Training Camp, UK


  • Sandown Slalom Camp, UK


  • Saas Fee, Switzerland


  • Hemsedal, Norway - Pre-Season Camp


  • Adult Camp Gol, Norway

Common Injuries

With the introduction of greater safety measures and precautions, including crash pads, safety nets and more clearly marked courses, Ski Racing is safer now than it once was.

However, as an extreme Winter Sport, the likelihood of sustaining an injury whilst partaking in Ski Racing, both in a Race and whilst Training, is still high.

Many of the injuries occur as a result of the skier losing control and veering off the marked course, often resulting in a collision with another object or Skier.

To help reduce the risk of serious injury, it is important to ensure you wear the correct protective gear when Skiing, including a helmet.

If you are Training for Ski Racing, whether it is on holiday or closer to home, make sure your Travel Insurance policy covers this high risk sport.

Sports Equipment Insurance for Ski Racing

A pair of skis and a pair of ski poles are needed to go Ski Racing. The skis need to be well maintained to assure good sliding, while the poles are essential for the skiers to keep their balance. Additional equipment includes ski clothing, a helmet and ski boots.

We have partnered with a HB Insurance who can provide cover for your Ski Equipment, in transit, storage and whilst being used.


With Skiing Equipment cover starting from £61 and covering anything from £2,000 to £10,000, there is a policy to suit.

To discuss your requirements and to get a quote, please contact them on 0345 450 8547 or by email: sales@harrison-beaumont.com

Please use the Reference: JS Travel Insurance.

Pre Existing Medical Conditions

If you have pre existing medical conditions and you plan to do a Ski Racing (School) whilst travelling abroad, we are able to provide you with a policy. You will need to select Winter Sports during the quote process.


Please check the Terms and Conditions for any Restrictions or Exclusions.

Useful Links

Norfolk 5 day Training Camp


Sandown Slalom Camp


Saas Fee




Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption