0800 043 0020
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > EU Residents Travel Insurance

EU Residents Travel Insurance

JS Travel Insurance has partnered with Voyager Insurance to provide European and EEA Residents with Travel Insurance.

Our policies are not just available to UK Residents; there are several European and some EEA  countries where their residents can purchase travel insurance through us.

We can cover Single Trips, Annual Multi Trip, Long Stays, and Already Departed policies to fit your needs and requirements.


To contact us by telephone or email, +44 (0)1273 092 757 support@jsinsurance.co.uk

Summary of Cover (per person)

Section & Cover Standard Enhanced Prime Supreme
Emergency Medical and Repatriation €5,000,000 €7,500,000 €10,000,000 €10,000,000
Cancellation or Curtailment €1,000 €2,500 €5,000 €10,000
Personal Baggage €1,000 €1,500 €2,500 €3,500
Personal Money €350 €750 €1,250 €1,500
Missed Departure/Journey Disruption €250 €500 €750 €1,000
Holiday Financial Protection - €1,500 €1,500 €3,000

Excess payables vary depending on the claim benefit.

Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.

Trip Durations

  • Short Stay up to 62 days per trip if aged up to 74 (max 31 days for ages 75-84.
  • Annual Multi-Trip up to 45 days per trip if aged 18 - 69 and 31 days if aged 70 - 74.
  • If you are aged up to 59, an Extended Stay of up to 18 months is available (24 months on referral).

Policy Options

  • Winter Sports
  • Sports and Activities
  • Gadget Coover
  • Cruise Cover
  • Business Cover
  • Sports Equipment and Cycles 
  • Golf Cover
  • Annual Multi-Trip cover can be extended from 45 days to 62 days trip duration.

European Residents Residents Travel Insurance FAQS

1. If I have an accident or become ill while away, will I be covered for emergency medical treatment?

Yes, these policies will cover Emergency Medical Treatment and Repatriation to your country of Residency.

2. Are there restrictions regarding which countries I can travel to?

No, but you should check beforehand what advice your government gives regarding where you can travel and if there are any restrictions on your travel plan.

3. Do I need to take my EHIC card when I travel?

We recommend having your European Health Insurance Card and a travel insurance policy in place, as the EHIC card will not provide complete cover for any eventuality, such as the curtailment of your trip and Personal Baggage.

4. Do I need a travel insurance policy to travel to the United Kingdom?

If you are not a UK Resident, you may have to pay for medical treatment in the UK, up to 150% of the NHS costs. However, some UK Nationals who live in the EU may be able to receive free NHS treatment.

5. Can I include winter sports and sports and activities in my Policy?

Yes, there is an option to add winter sports and many other activities, such as Motorcycling, Scuba Diving, and more.


Benefits of Travelling as a European Resident

  • For most travel within the EU, you won't need to apply for a visa beforehand. This saves you time and money.
  • The Schengen Area, which includes 26 EU countries, allows you to travel freely between member countries without border checks.
  • You benefit from EU-wide passenger rights for air, rail, bus/coach, or ship travel.

Travelling as a European Resident

  • Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond travel dates.
  • The European Health Card (EHIC) gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during temporary stays in other EU countries.
  • The Euro is the common currency in 19 of the 27 EU member states, so you do not need to exchange currency if you travel between those countries.
  • Since 2017, there have been no extra charges for using your mobile phone(calls, texts, and data) in any EU country.

Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption