0800 043 0020
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > Allergy Travel Insurance
If you have a Nut, Pollen, Pet Hair, Food Allergy or any other type of Allergy, we can provide you with a Single Trip or Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance policy for any trips you are planning to take during the year. To get a quote by telephone,… Read more... GET A QUOTE FOR TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVER FOR ALLERGY

Allergy Travel Insurance

If you have a Nut, Pollen, Pet Hair, Food Allergy or any other type of Allergy, we can provide you with a Single Trip or Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance policy for any trips you are planning to take during the year.

To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757

Summary of Cover

Section & Cover Silver Gold Platinum  
Cancellation or Curtailment - £2,000 £5,000  
Medical Expenses and Repatriation £10,000,000 £10,000,000 £10,000,000  
Personal Liability - £2,000,000 £2,000,000  
Personal Possessions - £2,000 £3,000  
Personal Money - £400 £400  
Delayed Departure - £100 £100  
Missed Departure - £500 £500  
Legal Expenses - £25,000 £25,000  
Scheduled Airline Failure £1,500 £1,500 £1,500  
Overseas Return Quarantine Included Included Included  
Medical Excess* £500 £150 Nil
Standard Excess* £100 £75 Nil

*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.

This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.

Medical Questions

When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover an Allergy, you will be asked a number of medical questions.

  • Are you at risk of life threatening Allergic reactions?
  • Have you needed Hospital Treatment for this Allergy in the last 2 years?

Food Allergy

If you suffer from a Food Allergy and are planning to book a flight, it is important to check the policy of the Airline you are flying with regarding food service available.

If you suffer from a Peanut Allergy, try and find an Airline that does not serve complimentary peanuts with their drinks. You can also request that you are served a nut free snack such as pretzels.

When booking your trip, inform the Reservation Agent and ask them to inform other relevant personnel such as the Flight Crew and Catering Staff of your Allergy.

Carry with you your adrenaline, emergency plan, a letter from your Doctor stating your Allergy and your medical requirements as well as some form of Medical Identification.

Make sure your adrenaline shot is with you at all times and is in your hand luggage and not in the baggage hold of the plane.

Wipe down your seat to ensure that your skin does not come into contact with any spilled foods or food particles that could cause a reaction.

When travelling, be conscious of the food you come into contact with and always inform any restaurant staff of your Allergy as well.

Check when ordering and when your food arrives that it is free of any thing you may be allergic to. Carry on you a personal dietary card that translates your restrictions into the appropriate language.

Airborne Allergy

If for example, you suffer from a Pollen Allergy, ensure you take your medication with you before leaving the country to keep you symptoms under control.

If possible, stay inside during peak pollen times (usually between 10am - 4pm). Ask for a room in your Hotel that has not had pets staying in it before you, if you are allergic to pet hair.

Insect Bites

If you are allergic to insect bites, try avoiding anything that will attract insects such as flowers and plants.

Try to drink out of a glass instead of a can or bottle, as insects can hide in a can or bottle and sting your lips.

Avoid bright colours and wear long sleeves and trouser legs that cover your skin and protect you from potential stings and bites.

Global Health Insurance Card

The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st January 2021.

You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternaty care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.

Please Note: This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.

Apply for a GHIC Card

Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover

Our Travel Insurance that covers an Allergy can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.

All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip.

This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

  • Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
  • Covid+ policy covers Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
  • Platinum Covid+ policy has cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19.
  • Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.

Useful Websites

Allergy UK

How to Travel Abroad with a Nut Allergy

Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption