Surfing Travel Insurance
If you are planning a trip and you will be Surfing, it is a good idea to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home. Surfing is a demanding sport, there is a lot of paddling and you need to be reasonably fit just to get to the waves, know your limitations here as severe rips and currents can be dangerous if you are not fit. The sport is…
If you are planning a trip and you will be Surfing, it is a good idea to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home.
Surfing is a demanding sport, there is a lot of paddling and you need to be reasonably fit just to get to the waves, know your limitations here as severe rips and currents can be dangerous if you are not fit. The sport is growing in popularity so therefore accidents are more likely to happen on crowded waves. Further surfboard technology has really advanced so they are quicker and turns are sharper.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or 01273 773 017 firstname.lastname@example.org
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
- Summary of Cover
- Pre Existing Medical Conditions
- Common Injuries
- Surfing Equipment
- European and Worldwide Residents
- Important Information
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Pre Existing Medical Conditions
If you have pre existing medical conditions and you plan to be Surfing whilst travelling abroad, we are able to provide you with a policy. If you want to get a quote online, you can go to our dedicated website for pre existing medical conditions. When prompted you should select Hazardous Activity Pack A.
Please check the Policy Terms and Conditions for any restrictions or exclusions whilst taking part in Surfing.
Surfing does come with the inherent risk of injury, so it is important that you are fully protected with Travel Insurance before going on a Surfing holiday. Some of the more common injuries that can be sustained as a result of Surfing include:
- There is the risk of collision, potentially with other surfers, their boards, rocks or reef. This can cause anything from cuts and bruising, to serious wounds which then run the risk of being infected by any contaminated sea water.
- As with most Water Sports, there is always the risk of drowning when Surfing. While being a stronger swimmer may help reduce the risk of drowning, if caught in the wrong conditions or trying to surf waves that are too big for your level of expertise, drowning can be a real threat. To avoid death by drowning, try and stick to waters that suit your level of experience.
- Surfers can be carried away by rip currents, which are not always immediately tangible and can lurk even in calm waters.
- Marine life, such as sharks and jelly fish, can also pose a serious threat to surfers.
- There have also been cases of surfers being thrown towards the seabed, often after wiping out and being pushed under by their board, and being seriously injured or even killed as a result of the collision.
If you are not an experienced Surfer and just want to try the sport out whilst on holiday, you will be able to rent a surfboard whilst away. However, for all those who regularly surf, it is likely that they will own their own surf board. The right surfboard for you will depend on your height and level of experience. Surfboards should be attached to the ankle with a surf lead. Depending on the area and the time of year, Surfers can wear anything from board shorts / swimwear to full wet suits with boots, hoods and gloves to protect themselves from colder water.
European and Worldwide Residents
We have partnered with World Nomads to provide cover if you are a Resident of another European or Worldwide country and you are planning to take part in Surfing whilst on your trip. These policies will also cover you if you have already left your home country and plan on taking part in Surfing.
Please check the Terms and Conditions for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
You must ensure that you do not participate in Surfing for more than 90 days in any one Period of Insurance.
This activity does not provide Accidental Death & Disability Benefit or Personal Liability cover.
This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK. Travel Insurance Facilities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised by BaFin and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.