Ski Resort Occupations Travel Insurance
If you work in a Ski Resort Occupation, you must get a Travel Insurance policy before leaving home.
If you have already left the United Kingdom and are planning to participate in a Ski Season as a Ski Rep or Chalet Host, we can still provide a policy for you. Please get in touch with us for a quote.
When getting a quote online for a Ski Resort Occupation, select a Scheme and then a COVER OPTION.
Please select ACTIVITY PACK 2 so that you are covered for working in a Ski Resort Occupation.
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 email@example.com
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Standard||Longstay||Longstay Plus|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£2,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Personal Money and Passport||-||£500||£500|
|Study or Work Placement Abroad*||£6,000||£6,000||£6,000|
*Study or Work Placement Abroad Extension - Available at an additional premium.
**Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Long Stay Travel Insurance is arranged for JS Travel Insurance through PJ Hayman & Company Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). Registered office: Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6DX. Reg no. 2534965.
There are three levels of cover to choose from:
Standard - provides essential cover for cancellation, personal possessions, emergency medical expenses, and personal liability.
Longstay - provides higher limits and additional cover for gadgets, departure delay, missed departure, possessions delayed in transit, personal money and loss of travel documents.
Longstay Plus - provides the same benefits as Longstay with better cover.
- Study Placement Abroad Extension - Cover up to £6,000 for pre-paid tuition fees or if you cannot travel or must return home early.
- Return home - for those choosing to break their trip during cover. Standard and Longstay allow you to return for up to 2 trips home (maximum 21 days per trip). Longstay Plus will cover four trips home (31 days per trip). The cover is suspended whilst back at home.
- Automatic 'stopover' cover - this policy will automatically provide a stopover of up to 7 days maximum in a higher-rated area. I am travelling to New Zealand via the USA.
- Gadget Cover (Longstay & Longstay Plus policies only) - We will cover theft, accidental damage, loss, breakdown and unauthorised call/data use of your gadget.
- Excess Waiver Option - The standard claims excess can be reduced to 'nil' for a single additional premium.
Ski Resort Occupations
If you plan to be a Chalet Host, Ski Rep or any other Occupation such as a cook, driver or working in a shop, you should ensure you are fully covered whilst working and in your leisure time.
Our policies do not restrict you to how many days of Skiing or Snowboarding you can do in a Season.