Renal Failure Travel Insurance
If you are travelling and have had Renal Failure, you should ensure you have a Travel Insurance policy before leaving your home.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us at 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757.
- Summary of Cover
- Medical Questions
- Treatment for Renal Failure
- Travel Advice
- Before You Go
- Whilst Travelling
- Useful Website
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
This Travel Insurance for Renal Failure is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When getting a Travel Insurance quote with Renal Failure, you will be asked several questions to ensure you correct the proper selection for yourself. These will include:
- How often are you being monitored for your kidney problem?
- Are you on Dialysis?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions for this problem have you had in the last year?
- How many medicines do you take for THIS condition?
- Have you been referred to a Kidney Specialist?
- Have you required any treatment for this condition within the last twelve months?
Treatment for Renal Failure
There are three options for Renal Failure, which should be discussed with your healthcare team.
The first option is Dialysis, a process by which the blood is regularly cleansed of waste products and excess fluid.
- Peritoneal Dialysis.
The main thing to consider when planning your trip is whether or not you will require Dialysis when abroad.
If you will, a list of Worldwide Dialysis Centres can be obtained from your Dialysis Centre, or check out the links below to search for a suitable Centre online:
Before You Go
- Discuss your travel plans with your Healthcare Centre before booking your holiday; programs should be made at least 6 - 8 weeks before travel.
- If you are on Dialysis, locate a suitable dialysis centre at your destination, make contact with them and ensure they can fit you in.
- If you are not on Dialysis, still locate the nearest Health Centre and ensure they can care for you in an emergency.
- Check that the Dialysis centre at your destination is clean and that you will not be at risk of infection from Hep B / HIV / Hep C.
- Check what vaccines may be required at your destination. Never have a live vaccine (vaccines obtained from a live organism, e.g. live attenuated virus); however, synthetically manufactured vaccines derived from dead viruses are generally OK, but check with your healthcare centre.
- If your trip requires you to take malaria prevention tablets, check with your healthcare centre which ones are safe.
- Obtain a letter from your healthcare centre for customs to cover your medication.
- If travelling in Europe, take your Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).
- If going for an extended trip, it may be possible to have medical supplies sent to your destination before travel. Ensure these have arrived before you leave.
- If you require a low-sodium diet, ensure you inform the airline of your dietary requirements before travel. Consider packing your food and avoid airline food.
- It would be best to inform the hotel you are staying at or the cruise catering staff of any specific dietary requirements well before travel so they can accommodate you.
- Check in with your Dialysis Centre when you arrive to confirm your appointment.
- Some people like to visit the Dialysis centre to feel more comfortable but make an appointment.
- Ensure you continue taking Medications regularly (the timezone back home).
- Carry the letter from your Doctor or Physician at all times detailing your Medical Condition and any treatment or medication you may need.