Overactive Thyroid Travel Insurance
An Overactive Thyroid, also called Hyperthyroidism, releases more thyroid hormones (thyroxine) than is optimal for your body. The thyroid gland is situated in the front of the neck, its hormones affecting almost every part of the body, from the muscles to the skin to the brain. Thyroxines are a crucial factor in regulating your metabolism, which includes the pace of your heartbeat and the burning of calories. An Overactive Thyroid significantly increases your metabolism and can cause rapid weight loss, irregular heartbeat and sweating.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands. If you are a Resident of the Republic of Ireland, please call us for a quote.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Travel Advice with an Overactive Thyroid
When travelling with an Overactive Thyroid, there are some important basics to cover:
- Ensure you pack enough Medication to cover you for your entire holiday, plus some extra in case of delays etc.
- If you are travelling with a companion, separate your Medication between your sets of luggage in case one of your bags is lost.
- If travelling in Europe, make sure you take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance as it does not cover pre existing medical conditions or Repatriation back to your home country.
- Have a recent prescription from your health care provider detailing the Medication required for your condition
- Find out if emergency Medication can be purchased while on holiday in the area you are travelling to.
- Store your Medication in the correct conditions, out of direct sunlight, somewhere cool if necessary.
Medication for an Overactive Thyroid
If you have an Overactive Thyroid, you may have been prescribed any of the following Medication:
- Beta Blockers
- Radio Iodine
- Thyroid Replacement Therapy
Common Causes of an Overactive Thyroid
- Graves Disease
- Nodule Thyroid Disease
- Excessive Iodine Supplements
- Taking Amiodarone Medication
- Follicular Thyroid Cancer
Symptoms an Overactive Thyroid
- Difficulty sleeping
- Hand tremors
- An increase in appetite possibly accompanied by a loss of weight
- A dislike of heat
- A need to pass faeces more often
- Breathing difficulties
- Muscle weakness
- Nervousness and irritability
- Light and weak periods
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Overactive Thyroid or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.