Important Information About Our Policies
Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel.
Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Overactive Thyroid Travel Insurance
If you have an Overactive Thyroid and you are planning a trip abroad, it is important that you have a Travel Insurance in place to cover this medical condition.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When travelling with an Overactive Thyroid, there are some important basics to cover:
- Ensure you pack enough Medication to cover you for your entire holiday, plus some extra in case of delays etc.
- If you are travelling with a companion, separate your Medication between your sets of luggage in case one of your bags is lost.
- If travelling in Europe, make sure you take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance as it does not cover pre existing medical conditions or Repatriation back to your home country.
- Have a recent prescription from your health care provider detailing the Medication required for your condition
- Find out if emergency Medication can be purchased while on holiday in the area you are travelling to.
- Store your Medication in the correct conditions, out of direct sunlight, somewhere cool if necessary.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Overactive Thyroid or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.