0800 047 5065
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > One Way Travel Insurance

One Way Travel Insurance

These policies will cover a one way trip commencing in the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands to European or Worldwide destinations but only for 48 hours after you have reached your final destination.

You can get a quote and policy online at our TRAVEL PLUS website. There is an option on the quote page to select a One Way Trip.

If you prefer, please contact us by telephone or email, on 0800 047 5065 (FREE) or 01273 773 017 info@jsinsurance.co.uk

Summary of Cover

Section & Cover Premier Premier Plus
Cancellation or Curtailment £5,000 £10,000
Medical and Repatriation £10,000,000 £10,000,000
Personal Liability £2,000,000 £2,000,000
Personal Baggage £2,000 £3,000
Personal Money £750 £1,500
Legal Expenses £25,000 £50,000

Popular Countries and Requirements for Emigration

  • Canada
  • USA
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Spain
  • France
  • Italy
  • Thailand
  • South Africa

There are many different types of Visas available to suit the amount of time you want to spend away and the activities you will be doing. These include:

  • Working Visa
  • Holiday Visa
  • Working / Travelling Visa

If you have a job offer in another country, then you can apply for a Working Visa. The means you will be allowed to enter and stay in another country on the condition that you have a firm job offer and you remain employed in that position.

Usually if you wanted to change jobs, your new employer would have to go through a thorough interview process to ensure that there were no native workers more suited to the position and confirm this with the immigration authorities.

A Holiday Visa means you can go away to another country for long periods of time without having to have a job waiting for you. This is often a popular choice for gap year students who wish to spend a significant amount of time travelling round a particular country such as Australia and Thailand.

A Working Travelling Visa combines both of the above. This is for people who wish to spend time in another country, aim to do some travelling but would also like to be able to work. You do not need a job offer to apply for this type of Visa, but you are allowed to apply for work once you have arrived.

Visa applications for countries such as Canada, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand will usually require the following:

  • Proof of Address
  • Copy of Passport
  • Police Certificate
  • Proof of Funds
  • Medical Declaration

Some countries such as the USA will require you to attend a face to face interview at the US Embassy to assess your suitability.

Travel Plus is provided to JS Travel Insurance through P J Hayman & Company Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). Registered office: Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6DX. Reg no. 2534965. Adventures Travel Insurance is underwritten by Antares Syndicate 1274 at Lloyd’s. Antares is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption