MPI Brokers Travel Insurance
JS Travel Insurance have partnered with MPI Brokers who specialise in Winter Sports cover, including Ski Instructor, Ski Racing and Seasonaires cover. They offer some unique benefits and the premiums are very competitive.
JS Travel Insurance are introducers to MPI BROKERS.
- Eligibility and Geographical Regions
- Choosing Your Policy Type
- Increased Cancellation Cover
- Winter Sports Extension
- WInter Sports Equipment Cover
- Ski Racing Extension
- Ski Instructor Cover
- Water Sports Cover
- Mountain Biking Extension
- Mobile Phone Tablet & Laptop Cover
Eligibility and Geographical Regions
This policy is available to UK and Irish Residents, and UK Residents living in Europe. If you are a non UK or Irish Resident, please contact us for a quote.
- 0 - 100 years of age on Single Trip.
- 0 - 80 years of age on Annual Multi Trip.
Geographical Regions Covered:
- United Kingdom and Ireland
- Europe and Channel Islands
- Australia and New Zealand
- Worldwide excl. USA / Canada and Mexico
- Worldwide (all countries)
Choosing Your Policy Type
Please select the appropriate policy type for your trip.
- Single Trip (up to 62 days)
- Annual Multi Trip (31, 60 or 90 days for standard cover, or for Winter Sports up to 30 or 60 day trip duration.
- Seasonaires (for those travelling and working for up to 12 months in one trip, usually working a Winter or Summer Season).
- Backpacker (up to 12 months in one trip, including Working or Volunteering oversea).
- Longstay (up to 12 months in one trip including occasional return to your home, not including any Work or Volunteering).
Increased Cancellation Cover
Please select the 'Increased Cancellation' option to increase the Cancellation cover on the Excel Level from £5,000 to £10,000.
- Cover will include pre-booked travel, accommodation and other expenses.
- This option is available on the Excel Level of cover only.
Winter Sports Extension
Please select the 'Winter Sports' when generating your quote to take advantage of the great Winter Sports Benefits including:
- Winter Sports Equipment Cover: Up to £1,500 (£1,000 own equipment).
- Winter Sports Activities: Including any form of Racing or Competition and the following activities: Limited Amateur Ski Racing (except national or international races unless the Ski Racing Additional Option has been added), Ski Instructors (courses and fully qualified, excluding Personal Liability), Skiing, Snowboarding, Bobsleigh, Ski Jumping, Ice Hockey, Luge, Tobogganing, Ice Skating, Cross Country Skiing, Ski Touring, Snow Park, Telemarking and Heli Skiing (one day).
- Ski Seasonaire Occupations: Chalet Host, Bar and Restaurant Work, Ski Shops Staff and Drivers.
- Off Piste without a Guide: Within and Outside Resort Boundaries and with and without a Guide (you must follow local advice and warnings).
- Ski Pack and Piste Closure.
Winter Sports Equipment Cover
Please select the 'Winter Sports' when generating your quote to cover your Winter Sports Equipment.
Winter Sports Equipment will cover your Skis, Snowbaords, Sticks and Bindings (owned or hired) up to the amount shown on your selected policy.
For other Winter Sports Accessories, e.g. Boots, Goggles,Clothing; these can be covered under Personal Effects.
Ski Racing Extension
Please select the 'Winter Sports' and Ski Racing Extension when generating a quote.
This policy will cover persons for Ski Racing and Ski Race Training, including International Competitions (British National Ski Championships - under 16 years of age only).
Please note that this policy can not cover persons who are in Team Great Britain.
Ski Instructor Cover
Please select the 'Winter Sports' when generating your quote for Ski Instructor Course or working as a Ski Instructor.
We can cover your Course Fees under Cancellation up to £5,000 on Excel Level of Cover. This can be increased by £5,000 if you select the 'Increased Cancellation' option.
Curtailment will be covered to the same value and valid only where the insured person has to return home due to illness or injury.
Please Note: There is no Personal Liability cover when working. This should already be in place by your employer.
Water Sports Cover
This Policy will cover all forms of Water Sports and water based activities on inland waters and up to 12 nautical miles from the coast.
It will also cover Sailing (Yachting):
- Off shore (outside 12 nautical miles from shore) within European Waters.
- 12 nautical miles from shore in the rest of the World (excluding areas where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised there is a danger of war or piracy)
Mountain Biking Extension
By selecting this option in your quote, it means the policy will extend to cover the activity of Mountain Biking, Downhill Mountain Biking and Amateur Non Competitive Mountain Biking, provided that Personal Protection Equipment is worn at all times.
Personal Effects is extended to include cover for a Mountain Bike up to £1,000 (owned or hired), for damage and / or theft including fixtures and fittings.
Mobile Phone Tablet & Laptop Cover
Under the Standard and Excel Levels of cover, you can choose Additional Options in your quote to cover your Gadgets for an Additional Premium.
This will increase the sum of the Personal Effects cover and the Single Item Limit by the amounts shown below, depending on which option(s) you choose.
- Mobile Phone Cover up to £500 - to cover loss or theft of only one mobile phone.
- Laptop Cover up to £1,000 - to cover a laptop or tablet.
- Laptop Cover up to £1,500 - to cover a laptop or tablet.