Important Information About Our Policies
Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel.
Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Liver Cirrhosis Travel Insurance
If you have Liver Cirrhosis and you are planning a trip, it is important that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When obtaining a Travel Insurance quote, you will be asked a number of questions to help ensure you get the right quote for you.
- Have you had a Liver Transplant ?
- Are you on a waiting list for a Liver Transplant ?
- Are you jaundiced ?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions for this condition have you had in the last twelve months?
- Have you had oesophageal varices (swollen blood vessels) diagnosed ?
It is fine to travel with Liver Cirrhosis as long as you make sure you take plenty of your Medication with you.
- Keep medicines in hand luggage in case of delays or lost luggage.
- If you are travelling to a different time zone then make sure to adjust the times you take your medication.
- If you are flying then be aware that the high altitude may cause nosebleeds which you are more susceptible to when suffering from Liver Cirrhosis.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Liver Cirrhosis or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.