Important Information About Our Policies
Our Travel Insurance Policies provide cover for Emergency Medical Treatment if you catch COVID-19/Coronavirus whilst you are abroad.
There is no cover under any other section of the policy for anything caused by or relating to COVID-19/Coronavirus/SARS-CoV-2, any mutation of COVID-19/Coronavirus/SARS-CoV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any of the above. Our policies will not provide any cover if you travel to a destination where the government is advising against all or all but essential travel. Please check the latest advice before you travel: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice. Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel. Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Kidney Transplant Travel Insurance
If you have had a Kidney Transplant is it important that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you depart on your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When getting a Travel Insurance quote with a Kidney Transplant, you will be asked a number of questions to make sure that you get the right quote for you. These will be:
- Are you currently on Dialysis ?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions for this problem have you had in the last year ?
- How long is it since you had your Transplant ?
- Have you had any episodes of rejection within the last year ?
- Was the Kidney donated by a living donor (for example, a family member) ?
- Have you been admitted to hospital in the last 12 months for treatment related to your Transplant ?
Before You Go
After surgery, a patient must take immunosuppressive drugs to prevent rejection by the body. This means that you should avoid travelling to areas of poor sanitation as you have an increased risk of infection.
Ensure that you have enough Medication to last the length of your trip and carry all medication in hand luggage in case of delay or loss of luggage.
- Do not travel within the first 8 - 12 months after receiving your transplant.
- Discuss your travel plans with your Transplant Clinic and ensure you are fit to travel and there are no problems with your destination.
- Avoid destinations with poor sanitation, due to your medications you will be more susceptible to infection.
- Check what vaccines may be required at your destination. Never have a live vaccine (vaccines obtained from a live organism e.g live attenuated virus), however synthetically manufactured and vaccines derived from dead viruses are generally OK.
- If your trip requires you to take malaria prevention tablets check with your transplant clinic which ones are safe for you.
- Obtain a letter from your Transplant Clinic for customs, to cover your medication.
- If travelling in Europe take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- Locate Local Hospitals that are equipped to offer treatments should you encounter problems with your kidney (such as rejection).
- Pack enough Medication to cover the entirety of the trip, pack in separate bags if possible in case of loss of luggage.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Kidney Transplant or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.