Kidney Stones Travel Insurance
Kidney Stones form inside the Kidneys and are accumulations of minerals and acid salts. There are many causes for Kidney Stones and they can occur anywhere in the urinary tract, all the way from the bladder to the Kidneys. Stones often form when urine becomes concentrated, either because of a decrease in urine volume or an increase in substances in the urine.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREE) or 01273 773 017
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland.
- Summary of Cover
- Kidney Stones Medical Questions
- Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Whilst Travelling with Kidney Stones
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Kidney Stones Medical Questions
When getting a Travel Insurance quote for Kidney Stones, you will be asked a number of questions to make sure that you get the right quote for you. These will be:
- Do you have any Kidney Stones at the moment ?
- How many attacks of pain from Kidney Stones have you had in the last 2 years ?
- Is the function of your Kidneys impaired ?
- Are you on Dialysis ?
- Have you had a Kidney Transplant ?
- Are you awaiting Dialysis or a Kidney Transplant ?
- How many medicines do you take for THIS condition ?
- Have you been referred to a Kidney Specialist ?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions for this problem have you had in the last year ?
If you are travelling with others, we can include them on the policy, even if they do not have any Kidney Stones or any other pre existing medical condition..
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
The main symptoms of Diabetes are a need to pass urine more often than usual, especially at night, thirst, extreme tiredness, unexplained weight loss, genital itching / thrush, slow healing of cuts and wounds and blurred vision. Type 1 Diabetes symptoms usually develop quickly over a few weeks. Symptoms associated with Type 2 Diabetes develop comparatively slowly over a period of years and may only be picked up during a routine check up. Early diagnosis reduces the risk of serious complications.
In particular dehydration is a main cause of the formation of Kidney Stones. While passing Kidney Stones might be painful, but they generally do not leave any damage.
Whilst travelling with Kidney Stones
- Take plenty of strong painkillers in your hand luggage (take extra in case of delays).
- Stay hydrated at all times.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Kidney Stones or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.