Ischemic Heart Disease Travel Insurance
If you have had or you have at the moment Ischemic Heart Disease it is important that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you start a trip. Ischemic Heart Disease is also, better known as Coronary Heart Disease, a disease that is known under a variety of other names as well. Patients have coronary arteries that are stuffed with plaque, preventing the influx of oxygen rich blood into the heart. This reduced flow of blood may cause angina or even heart attacks. The real danger lies in the plaque that can harden over time and rupture, forming a blood clot that could completely block an artery. Coronary Heart Disease can be prevented by exercising on a regular basis, not smoking and eating healthily.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands.
If you are a Resident of the Republic of Ireland, please get a quote for Travel Insurance or call us to discuss your requirements.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Ischemic Heart Disease Medical Questions
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions. These will include:
- Have you ever had a Heart Bypass, an Angioplasty or a Coronary Stent ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
- How long ago was your most recent procedure?
- At any time BEFORE your most recent heart procedure, did you suffer a heart attack ?
- Have you EVER had any symptoms of Angina (eg chest pain, chest tightness) since your last procedure ?
- Have you had a Heart Attack at any time AFTER your Angioplasty or Stenting ?
- How many (if any) coronary stents do you have?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you been advised to take medication for High Blood Pressure ?
- Have you been advised to take medication to lower your Cholesterol ?
Causes and Symptoms of Ischemic Heart Disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Family history
- Advanced age
Symptoms of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Chest pain
- Heart failure
Ischemic Heart Disease is usually treated with anti anginal drugs. There are however a number of lifestyle changes that can be made, such as:
- Increased exercise
- Less intake of fatty food
- Stopping smoking
- Cutting down on alcohol
- Reducing salt intake
Consult your Doctor before making any travel plans and follow their advice. It is best to avoid strenuous activity if you have been suffering from fatigue or shortness of breath. Make sure to bring a plentiful supply of Medication with you. Always carry Medication in hand luggage in case of delays or lost luggage.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Ischemic Heart Disease or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.