HIV Travel Insurance
If you have been diagnosed with HIV, you should get a Travel Insurance policy in place before the beginning of your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757
- Summary of Cover
- Medical Question
- Travel Advice
- Global Health Insurance Card
- Covid-19 / Coranvirus Cover
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
Please read the Restrictions and Exclusions of the policy.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions. These will include:
- In the last three months have you started a new antiviral drug or is a new drug planned?
- What is your latest CD4 count?
- You have been on antiviral treatment for more than three months, what is your latest viral load?
- Have you been advised to start antiviral treatment but chosen not to?
If you are planning a trip you should make sure you are well enough to travel. Consult your Doctor before your holiday and follow and advice they may have.
Some countries you travel to may require you to receive vaccinations but this is not recommended due to the suppressed state of the immune system.
Make sure you bring enough Medication for the length of your trip, and some extra in case of delays. Carry it in hand luggage in case it gets lost.
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternaty care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note: This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Covid+ policy covers Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Platinum Covid+ policy has cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.