Hip Replacement Travel Insurance
If you have had any Hip Replacement Surgery or Resurfacing, then you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you start your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Questions you may be asked when seeking Travel Insurance after a Hip Replacement include:
- Why was the joint replacement or resurfacing performed ?
- How many joint replacement or joint resurfacing operations have you had ?
- Do you currently use any mobility aids because of your joint problem ?
- Are you waiting for further joint replacement surgery ?
- Has your joint replacement ever dislocated ?
- Have you needed any treatment for back or neck problems ?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for this condition in the last year ?
- How many medicines do you take for this condition ?
Hip Replacement Surgery
This is done in cases where hip injuries are causing chronic pain and limited mobility. These include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Septic arthritis
- Femur fracture
- Pagets disease
- Bone tumours
The procedure involves replacing the ball at the top of the Femur (thigh bone) that fits into the socket of the pelvis.
Most people that have Hip Replacement surgery go on to have vastly improved mobility and are free from pain. There are, however, some complications that can arise. These include:
- Metal sensitivity
- Nerve palsy
- Chronic pain
- Metal toxicity
- Leg length inequality
Beware that your Hip Replacement may set off metal detectors at some Airports so it is advisable to contact your airline before you plan a trip.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Hip Replacement or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.