Hiatus Hernia Travel Insurance
If you have had or have a Hiatus Hernia, you must have a Travel Insurance policy before leaving home.
You should declare all pre-existing medical conditions so that you are fully covered for your trip.
To contact us by telephone, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
JS Travel Insurance has partnered with Goodtogoinsurance.com to provide this Travel Insurance that covers a Hiatus Hernia. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked several questions. These will include:
- Do you take regular medication for this?
- Have you ever had to have a procedure to widen a narrowing of the oesophagus (food pipe)?
- Limit your alcohol intake, as this will increase your stomach acid levels.
- Do not smoke, as this will also increase your stomach acid levels.
- Note what foods to avoid while you are away and avoid foods known to increase heartburn, such as spicy foods, citrus and coffee.
- Print off a list of foods to avoid and keep it with you while away.
- If you have been prescribed medicine for your condition, such as antacids, ensure you have enough to last the entire length of your holiday.
- Do not wear clothing restricting the stomach, such as tight-fitting belts or slenderising garments.
- Be careful when lifting heavy suitcases. Bend your knees and lift with your legs rather than bending at the waist.
- To prevent straining during bowel movements whilst away, take a stool softener.