Hiatus Hernia Travel Insurance
If you have had or have a Hiatus Hernia, then you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions. These will include:
- Do you take regular medication for this ?
- Have you ever had to have a procedure to widen a narrowing of the oesophagus (food pipe) ?
- Limit your alcohol intake as this will increase your stomach acid levels.
- Do not smoke as this will also increase your stomach acid levels.
- Make a note of what foods to avoid while you are away and avoid foods which are known to increase heartburn such as spicy foods, citrus and coffee.
- Print off a list of foods to avoid and keep it with you while away.
- If you have been prescribed medicine for your condition such as antacids then make sure you have enough with you to last the entire length of your holiday.
- Do not wear clothing that restricts the stomach such as tight fitting belts or slenderising garments.
- Be careful when lifting heavy suitcases. Bend with your knees and lift with your legs rather than bending at the waist.
- To prevent straining during bowel movements whilst away take a stool softener.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Hiatus Hernia or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.