Gastric Bypass Travel Insurance
If you have had Gastric Bypass surgery and you are planning a trip away from your home, it is a good idea that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave your home.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
- Wait 6 - 8 weeks after surgery before taking a holiday, discuss this with your Physician or Doctor.
- If you are travelling within that 6 - 8 week period, ensure you check with the Airline regarding their specific policies.
- Inform the policy provider that you have Gastric Bypass, even if it is being controlled, so you are covered.
- If travelling in Europe take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- When booking flights ensure you have an aisle seat with plenty of legroom so you are able to do leg exercises, to reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Take more than enough medication / supplements with you in case of delays / loss. Consider splitting this out over a few bags, and take plenty with you in your hand luggage.
- Keep medication in the original packaging. This will reduce issues with airport security and can help identifying the medicine if you require more whilst abroad.
- Consider packing your own food to avoid falling into bad habits at the airport/in the flight.
Whilst travelling after a Gastric Bypass
- Take medication / supplements in your hand luggage (take extra in case of delays).
- Perform leg exercises to increase circulation and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Wear compression stockings.
- Stick to your dietary regimes and requirements, don’t slip because you are on holiday.
- Remember to only drink alcohol in moderation (no more than about 1 unit per day - that’s about half a pint or half a glass of wine).
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Gastric Bypass or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.