Emphysema Travel Insurance
If you or a travelling companion has or has had Emphysema, this must be covered with your Travel Insurance policy.
We can cover this medical condition and any other conditions you or someone travelling with you might have.
To contact us by telephone, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 757.
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
JS Travel Insurance has partnered with Goodtogoinsurance.com to provide this Travel Insurance that covers Emphysema. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
Some of the questions you may be asked when getting Travel Insurance include the following:
- How many Medicines do you take for Emphysema?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for your respiratory condition in the last year?
- Have you needed treatment in an intensive care unit for this condition?
- Can you always walk 200 yards on the flat without shortness of breath?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen for use at home?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
If you are using oxygen, ensure you have an appropriate travel supply.
Contact your Oxygen Supply Company to see what they can arrange to supply you with oxygen in a location abroad at least 4 to 6 weeks before departure.
Any medication should be carried in hand luggage in case of delays or loss of baggage.