Emphysema Travel Insurance
If you or a travelling companion has or has had Emphysema, it is important that this is covered with your Travel Insurance policy.
We can cover this medical condition as well as any other conditions that you or someone travelling with you might have.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757
- Summary of Cover
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Global Health Insurance Card
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- Useful Website
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
Some of the questions you may be asked when seeking Travel Insurance include:
- How many Medicines do you take for Emphysema?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for your respiratory condition in the last year?
- Have you needed treatment in an intensive care unit for this condition?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat without becoming short of breath?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen for use at home?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
If you are using oxygen then make sure you have an appropriate supply for travelling.
Contact your Oxygen Supply Company to see what they can arrange to supply you with oxygen in a location abroad at least 4 to 6 weeks before departure.
Any medication should be carried in hand luggage in case of delays or loss of luggage.
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternaty care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note: This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Covid+ policy covers Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Platinum Covid+ policy has cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.