Emphysema Travel Insurance
If you or a travelling companion has or has had Emphysema, it is important that this is covered with your Travel Insurance policy.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Some of the questions you may be asked when seeking Travel Insurance include:
- How many Medicines do you take for Emphysema ?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for your respiratory condition in the last year ?
- Have you needed treatment in an intensive care unit for this condition ?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen for use at home ?
- Have you ever been a smoker ?
If you are using oxygen then make sure you have an appropriate supply for travelling.
Contact your Oxygen Supply Company to see what they can arrange to supply you with oxygen in a location abroad at least 4 to 6 weeks before departure.
Any medication should be carried in hand luggage in case of delays or loss of luggage.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Emphysema or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.