Down's Syndrome Travel Insurance
If you or any of your travel companions have Down's Syndrome, it is important that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Those with Down's Syndrome are more likely than most people to get a range of Medical Conditions:
- Heart problems, which may need surgery, affect up to half of people with Down's Syndrome.
- Eye problems, such as Cataracts affect half of children with Down's Syndrome by the age of four.
- Hearing problems, ranging from mild to complete deafness, affect over half of people with Down's Syndrome.
- Thyroid problems, including low or high levels of the thyroid hormones, affect one in 10 people with Down's Syndrome.
- Poor Immunity is common, so people with Down's Syndrome are prone to chest infections, coughs and colds.
- Problems with the digestive system may cause diarrhoea or constipation; babies may have feeding problems and may not gain weight normally.
- Dementia affects people with Down's Syndrome at an earlier age: four out of ten 50-59 year olds with Down's Syndrome have Dementia.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover Down's Syndrome or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.