Down's Syndrome Travel Insurance
If you or any of your travel companions have Down's Syndrome, it is important that you have a Travel Insurance policy in place before your trip.
Down's Syndrome is caused by an extra chromosome, one of the tiny bundles of DNA found in all of our cells. Normally, our cells contain 46 chromosomes: 23 inherited from each parent. In Down's Syndrome, an extra copy of chromosome 21 is included.
JS Travel Insurance can now provide cover for your Gadgets, such as Mobile Phones, Tablets and Computer Game Consoles. You will be able to select this cover on the quote page of our website.
JS Travel Insurance provides cover for Residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands.
If you are a Resident of the Republic of Ireland, and you need to declare Down's Syndrome.
Please check the Terms and Conditions for any restrictions or exclusions.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
Down's Syndrome Medical Conditions
Those with Down's Syndrome are more likely than most people to get a range of Medical Conditions:
- Heart problems, which may need surgery, affect up to half of people with Down's Syndrome.
- Eye problems, such as Cataracts affect half of children with Down's Syndrome by the age of four.
- Hearing problems, ranging from mild to complete deafness, affect over half of people with Down's Syndrome.
- Thyroid problems, including low or high levels of the thyroid hormones, affect one in 10 people with Down's Syndrome.
- Poor Immunity is common, so people with Down's Syndrome are prone to chest infections, coughs and colds.
- Problems with the digestive system may cause diarrhoea or constipation; babies may have feeding problems and may not gain weight normally.
- Dementia affects people with Down's Syndrome at an earlier age: four out of ten 50-59 year olds with Down's Syndrome have Dementia.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover Down's Syndrome or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.