Cystic Fibrosis Travel Insurance
If you are travelling and you or one of your travel companions has Cystic Fibrosis, you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave for your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757
- Summary of Cover
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Global Health Insurance Card
- Covid-19 / Coranvirus Cover
- Useful Website
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance to cover Cystic Fibrosis, you will be asked a number of questions to make sure that you get the right quote. These will include:
- How many medicines do you take for the Cystic Fibrosis?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for this condition in the last year?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat without becoming short of breath?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen for use at home?
- Have you had or are you on a waiting list for a lung or liver transplant?
- Do you have any impairment of kidney function?
- Do you have Diabetes?
To travel with Cystic Fibrosis, there are a few things that should be considered when planning a holiday:
- Only travel if the condition is stable and the person is well enough.
- Always check with your physician before travel.
- Make sure you have the correct vaccinations for the country you wish to travel to.
- When going to a hot climate, make sure you take salt tablets to replace the salt lost through sweating.
- Carry enough Medication to last for the entire trip plus extra in case of emergency.
- Keep the Medication in hand luggage.
- Check the Airline's policy on travelling with Medication.
- Split the Medication between the bags of those you are travelling with, in case one bag is lost.
- Oxygen may be required on the flight, due to the pressurised cabin.
- Ask your doctor about having a flight test before travel.
- Carry a letter from your Doctor on you describing the details of the condition.
- Carry a recent prescription on you.
- Consider a specialised holiday.
- Try to visit an area that has a CF centre.
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternaty care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note: This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel with Cystic Fibrosis provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Covid+ policy covers Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Platinum Covid+ policy has cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.