Important Information About Our Policies
Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel.
Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Cystic Fibrosis Travel Insurance
If you are travelling and you or one of your travel companions has Cystic Fibrosis, you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave for your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
- Summary of Cover
- Travel Insurance Extras
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Important Information
- Useful Website
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Travel Insurance Extras
|Extension Benefit||Europe (per person)||Worldwide (per person)|
Extends your policy to provide cover if you miss your pre-booked connecting Aircraft, Watercraft or Train as a result of the cancellation, or delay of 3 or more hours, on your initial international outward or return journey, due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or technical fault.
The policy provides cover up to £500 for additional transportation and/or accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to join your connecting Aircraft, Watercraft, Train or Motor vehicle or to get you to your pre-booked final destination.
We will pay up to £1,000 for the intrinsic value or cost of repair of your Gadgets (maximum £500 per Gadget), which are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whilst you are away on your trip. Unauthorised calls if your mobile phone is stolen up to £75
We can cover the following Gadgets: Mobile phones, ipads and tablet computers, e-readers, sat nav, ipods and MP3 players, cassette players/CD players, computer games machines and any equipment used with them such as CDs, games, tapes, cassettes or cartridges.
You must take reasonable care of your Gadgets and not leave them unattended in a public place. You must own the item and be able to provide proof of ownership. Allowance will be made for wear and tear and depreciation
Covers your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable transport, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you not wish to travel due to an act of terrorism occurring prior to your outbound travel date and within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
If you have already travelled, your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions and either your pre-booked return travel costs, or the cost of your curtailment travel costs, whichever is the greater up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you wish to return home due to an act of terrorism occurring within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
Epidemic or Pandemic Travel Restriction
£50 for each full 24 hour period up to a maximum of £500.
A benefit payable if, when you are abroad, you are prevented from leaving a country due to restrictions in travel caused by an epidemic or pandemic and will help with the cost of additional accommodation and living expenses.
The cover is not applicable under the following circumstances; You are travelling against Foreign Office or World Health Organisation advice or you have travelled to an area where the possibility of an epidemic or pandemic occurrence has already been announced.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance to cover Cystic Fibrosis, you will be asked a number of questions to make sure that you get the right quote. These will include:
- How many medicines do you take for the Cystic Fibrosis ?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for this condition in the last year ?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen for use at home ?
- Have you had or are you on a waiting list for a lung or liver transplant ?
- Do you have any impairment of kidney function ?
- Do you have Diabetes ?
To travel with Cystic Fibrosis, there are a few things that should be considered when planning a holiday:
- Only travel if the condition is stable and the person is well enough.
- Always check with your physician before travel.
- Make sure you have the correct vaccinations for the country you wish to travel to.
- When going to a hot climate, make sure you take salt tablets to replace the salt lost through sweating.
- Carry enough Medication to last for the entire trip plus extra in case of emergency.
- Keep the Medication in hand luggage.
- Check the Airline's policy on travelling with Medication.
- Split the Medication between the bags of those you are travelling with, in case one bag is lost.
- Oxygen may be required on the flight, due to the pressurised cabin.
- Ask your doctor about having a flight test before travel.
- Carry a letter from your Doctor on you describing the details of the condition.
- Carry a recent prescription on you.
- Consider a specialised holiday.
- Try to visit an area that has a CF centre.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover for Cystic Fibrosis or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.