Cystic Fibrosis Travel Insurance
If you are travelling and you or one of your travel companions has Cystic Fibrosis, you will need to have a Travel Insurance policy in place before you leave for your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance to cover Cystic Fibrosis, you will be asked a number of questions to make sure that you get the right quote. These will include:
- How many medicines do you take for the Cystic Fibrosis ?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for this condition in the last year ?
- Can you always walk 200yds on the flat without becoming short of breath ?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen for use at home ?
- Have you had or are you on a waiting list for a lung or liver transplant ?
- Do you have any impairment of kidney function ?
- Do you have Diabetes ?
To travel with Cystic Fibrosis, there are a few things that should be considered when planning a holiday:
- Only travel if the condition is stable and the person is well enough.
- Always check with your physician before travel.
- Make sure you have the correct vaccinations for the country you wish to travel to.
- When going to a hot climate, make sure you take salt tablets to replace the salt lost through sweating.
- Carry enough Medication to last for the entire trip plus extra in case of emergency.
- Keep the Medication in hand luggage.
- Check the Airline's policy on travelling with Medication.
- Split the Medication between the bags of those you are travelling with, in case one bag is lost.
- Oxygen may be required on the flight, due to the pressurised cabin.
- Ask your doctor about having a flight test before travel.
- Carry a letter from your Doctor on you describing the details of the condition.
- Carry a recent prescription on you.
- Consider a specialised holiday.
- Try to visit an area that has a CF centre.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover for Cystic Fibrosis or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.