Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
If you have Crohn's Disease, then you will need a Travel Insurance policy in place before you travel.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance with Crohn's Disease, you will be asked a number of questions to ensure you get the right quote for you. These will be:
- Have you ever had any Abdominal Surgery for this condition ?
- Have you ever had any episodes of Bowel Obstruction ?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for Crohns in the last 2 years ?
If you are travelling with others, we can include them on the policy, even if they do not have any medical conditions.
- Be sure to take plenty of medication with you plus some extra in case of delays.
- Keep your medication in its original packaging and make a note of its generic name in case you need to find replacements whilst away.
- Keep your medication in your hand luggage to reduce the chance of it being lost.
- It is important to take all necessary precautions against picking up traveller's diarrhoea as this can be particularly dangerous to people with Crohn's Disease. Eating undercooked meat is particularly hazardous. Consuming unpasteurised dairy products should also be avoided.
- Do not drink the tap water if it is unsafe and be wary of ice in drinks and salads washed in tap water.
- Make enquiries as to where you can receive Medical Assistance at your destination in case of emergency.
- Symptoms such as high fever and chills, rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, dizziness and dehydration should be taken extremely seriously and Medical Assistance should be sought at once.
- Check any timezone changes to ensure you take your medication and correct times.
- When sightseeing and travelling carry a bag of essential items with you including, medication, a change of clothes, toilet paper and hand sanitiser, and meal replacement bars.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Crohn's Disease or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.