Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
If you have Crohn's Disease, then you will need a Travel Insurance policy in place before you travel.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When getting a quote for Travel Insurance with Crohn's Disease, you will be asked a number of questions to ensure you get the right quote for you. These will be:
- Have you ever had any Abdominal Surgery for this condition ?
- Have you ever had any episodes of Bowel Obstruction ?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for Crohns in the last 2 years ?
- Be sure to take plenty of medication with you plus some extra in case of delays.
- Keep your medication in its original packaging and make a note of its generic name in case you need to find replacements whilst away.
- Keep your medication in your hand luggage to reduce the chance of it being lost.
- It is important to take all necessary precautions against picking up traveller's diarrhoea as this can be particularly dangerous to people with Crohn's Disease.
- Eating undercooked meat is particularly hazardous. Consuming unpasteurised dairy products should also be avoided.
- Do not drink the tap water if it is unsafe and be wary of ice in drinks and salads washed in tap water.
- Make enquiries as to where you can receive Medical Assistance at your destination in case of emergency.
- Symptoms such as high fever and chills, rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, dizziness and dehydration should be taken extremely seriously and Medical Assistance should be sought at once.
- Check any timezone changes to ensure you take your medication and correct times.
- When sightseeing and travelling carry a bag of essential items with you including, medication, a change of clothes, toilet paper and hand sanitiser, and meal replacement bars.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover your Crohn's Disease or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.