Cerebral Palsy Travel Insurance
If you or one of your travelling companions has Cerebral Palsy, it is very important to have a Travel Insurance policy in place that covers this medical condition.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757
- Summary of Cover
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Global Health Insurance Card
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- Useful Websites
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Do you have weakness or paralysis of all four limbs?
- Has this caused any breathing problems or lung infections in the last two years?
- Do you have Epilepsy?
- If awake, do you normally lose consciousness during a fit/seizure?
- How many fits/seizures causing loss of consciousness have you had in the last four weeks?
- How many fits/seizures causing loss of consciousness have you had in the last six months?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for epilepsy/seizures in the last year?
- How many different medicines do you take for your epilepsy/seizures?
- How long ago was your first fit/seizure?
If you are planning a trip then it is important to check out accommodation thoroughly beforehand to make sure all facilities are accessible.
Many hotels have fully equipped rooms with handles and bars that are located on the ground floor.
Inform your Airline in advance so that they can make appropriate arrangements. Airports also have special vehicles to help mobility impaired passengers move around the terminal.
Any Activities that you wish to undertake and Sights that you want to visit should be thoroughly researched as well.
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternaty care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note: This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance, as there are restrictions on cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our Travel Insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Covid+ policy covers Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Platinum Covid+ policy has cover including cancellation if you have been told to isolate due to COVID-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.