Cardiomyopathy Travel Insurance
If you suffer from Cardiomyopathy, it is important that you have a Travel Insurance policy before your trip begins.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover this condition, you will be asked a number of questions:
- Have you ever had an Abnormal Heart Rhythm ?
- How many unplanned hospital visits for your irregular heartbeat have you had in the last 12 months ?
- Do you have any further investigation or treatment planned ?
- Are you on any medication to thin the blood (not including aspirin) which requires a regular blood tests ?
- Has your Heart Rhythm ever caused collapses, faints or blackouts ?
- Have you ever had Angina and / or a Heart Attack ?
- Have you been prescribed any treatment for heart-related breathlessness or ankle swelling ?
- Have you ever had a stroke or a mini-stroke (TIA) ?
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Hypertropic is when the wall of the heart becomes thickened and the muscle stiffens, making it harder for blood to be pumped out of the heart and around the body.
Dilated is when the wall of the heart becomes thinner and loose, again making it difficult to pump blood.
Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular is when the heart cells are gradually replaced by fatty tissue.
As Cardiomyopathy worsens, the heart becomes weaker and less able to pump blood through the body. This can lead to Heart Failure or Arrhythmia
Cardiomyopathy can be acquired due to another disease or is inherited, affecting one or several members of a family. A lot of the time the cause of Cardiomyopathy is not known, which is often the case when the disease occurs in children.
Cardiomyopathy can affect people of all ages, however certain types of the disease are more common in certain age and ethnic groups
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover for Cardiomyopathy or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.