Important Information About Our Policies
Our Travel Insurance Policies provide cover for Emergency Medical Treatment if you catch COVID-19/Coronavirus whilst you are abroad.
There is no cover under any other section of the policy for anything caused by or relating to COVID-19/Coronavirus/SARS-CoV-2, any mutation of COVID-19/Coronavirus/SARS-CoV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any of the above. Our policies will not provide any cover if you travel to a destination where the government is advising against all or all but essential travel. Please check the latest advice before you travel: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice. Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or "all but essential" travel. Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. Click here for more information.
Bipolar Disorder Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance is important if you suffer from Bipolar Disorder, including Anxiety and Depression. It is a good idea to declare this so that you are fully covered whilst on your trip.
To get a quote by telephone, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREEPHONE) or + 44 (0) 1273 773 017.
- Summary of Cover
- Travel Insurance Extras
- Medical Questions
- Travel Advice
- Travelling with Bipolar Disorder
- Useful Websites
- Important Information
Summary of Cover
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||-||£2,000||£5,000|
|Medical and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Failure of Carrier||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
*The excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Travel Insurance Extras
|Extension Benefit||Europe (per person)||Worldwide (per person)|
Extends your policy to provide cover if you miss your pre-booked connecting Aircraft, Watercraft or Train as a result of the cancellation, or delay of 3 or more hours, on your initial international outward or return journey, due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or technical fault.
The policy provides cover up to £500 for additional transportation and/or accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to join your connecting Aircraft, Watercraft, Train or Motor vehicle or to get you to your pre-booked final destination.
We will pay up to £1,000 for the intrinsic value or cost of repair of your Gadgets (maximum £500 per Gadget), which are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whilst you are away on your trip. Unauthorised calls if your mobile phone is stolen up to £75
We can cover the following Gadgets: Mobile phones, ipads and tablet computers, e-readers, sat nav, ipods and MP3 players, cassette players/CD players, computer games machines and any equipment used with them such as CDs, games, tapes, cassettes or cartridges.
You must take reasonable care of your Gadgets and not leave them unattended in a public place. You must own the item and be able to provide proof of ownership. Allowance will be made for wear and tear and depreciation
Covers your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable transport, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you not wish to travel due to an act of terrorism occurring prior to your outbound travel date and within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
If you have already travelled, your portion of prepaid, irrecoverable, accommodation, foreign car hire costs and prepaid excursions and either your pre-booked return travel costs, or the cost of your curtailment travel costs, whichever is the greater up to a maximum of £2,000 (excursion limited to £250) should you wish to return home due to an act of terrorism occurring within a 40 mile radius of your booked accommodation.
When obtaining a quote for Travel Insurance to cover Bipolar Disorder, you will be asked a number of questions.
- Have you had a compulsory hospital admission for treatment of Bipolar Disorder in the last 10 years ?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for this condition in the last 2 years ?
- Are you currently being treated for Depression ?
- Have you been taking medication for this condition throughout the last two years ?
- Has this condition ever caused you to cancel a planned trip ?
If you suffer from Bipolar Disorder and want to travel, it is important that you first purchase a travel insurance policy before you leave the country.
Depending on the answer to the medical questions, in most cases a single trip policy is usually the best option to cover Bipolar Disorder.
There are many aspects of travelling that can act as triggers for a depressive episode, including increased stress and disrupted sleep patterns.
When Travelling with Bipolar Disorder
- Make sure that you are on medication that you know works for you.
- It is not a good idea to travel soon after you have changed your medication, as any adverse affects can ruin the holiday.
- Do not travel when you are suffering from erratic moods.
- Carry enough medication with you to last the trips, plus extras in case of emergency / delays.
- Travel with someone that is able to identify any warning signs of an onset of mood change and is able to cope with the situation.
- Keep your medication in your hand luggage.
- Split it between your luggage and that of the person or people you are travelling with in case one bag gets lost.
- Carry a recent prescription and a letter from your doctor detailing your condition.
- Try to cut down on as much stress as possible; plan a relaxing holiday.
- Get as much sleep as possible and try to maintain your regular sleep patterns to a great extent as is possible.
Before you leave the country, it is important to purchase a Travel Insurance policy that will cover Bipolar Disorder or any other pre existing medical condition you may have.
This Travel Insurance is provided by goodtogoinsurance.com. Goodtogoinsurance.com is a trading name of Ancile Insurance Group Limited, Registered Address: Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - No. 471641.