Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Winter Sports Travel Insurance covers you while you enjoy the snow and navigate the slopes on skis or a snowboard. We cover a range of Winter Sports / Activities, such as Ski Touring and
Winter Sports Travel Insurance covers you while you enjoy the snow and navigate the slopes on skis or a snowboard.
Since we know your Ski Equipment is essential to you, we also cover (including hired equipment) for loss, theft or damage.
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Off Piste Cover
- Safety Advice
- What Winter Sports do we cover?
- Accepted Medical Conditions
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Already Travelled
- European Residents
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation*
|Search and Rescue*
|Cancellation or Curtailment*
|Loss of Passport*
|Missed Departure / Connection
|Unused Activity Pack
|Piste / Mountain Closure*
|Avalanche / Landslide Cover
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Healix Insurance Services Ltd, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.
Off Piste Cover
If you plan to go off-piste, you must ensure you are with a Professional Guide / Instructor within recognised Resort Boundaries.
The definition of off-piste in our policy wording is 'Skiing / Snowboarding on pistes which are unmarked and ungroomed within Resort Boundaries that are considered safe by Resort Management. Where ski lifts and emergency services are easily accessible and end back at a ski area lift, not including backcountry or areas marked or prohibited from entry.
Skiing / Snowboarding Off Piste (without a Guide): if you are off-piste within the ski area boundaries of a recognised Ski Resort that is patrolled, then it is not a requirement to be accompanied by a guide or instructor) and in areas that Local Resort Management consider safe.
Winter Sports are inherently risky by nature: steep slopes, slippery surfaces, and decreased visibility caused by snow and cold temperatures.
You can substantially reduce the risk of collisions and subsequent injuries with proper planning and preparation, good equipment and some common sense.
Protect your Eyes
It would be best to use goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and any branches or stones you might encounter whilst Skiing/Snowboarding.
You are advised to wear more than one layer of clothing and always wear a hat and gloves. Purchasing some thermal clothing that keeps the heat is highly recommended.
Know your Limits
Be aware of the demands of the Activity and know your physical limitations. Beginners are at increased risk and should follow the advice of an instructor where necessary.
Experienced skiers should stick to the slopes which suit their ability. Always rest if your body is tired.
Follow Good Piste Etiquette
Give way to those in front or below you to reduce the chance of potential accidents or injuries to yourself and others.
What Winter Sports do we cover?
You can select the Winter Sports you must cover when getting a quote. You can add more than one if you plan to do multiple winter sports. Here are some of the choices available:
• Chalet Rep / Host • Cross Country Skiing • Dog Sledging • Dry Slope Skiing • Dry Slope Snowboarding • Glacier Skiing • Glacier Walking • Ice Hockey (Full Body Protection) • Ice Skating (Rink Only) • Off Piste Skiing / Snowboarding (with a professional guide/instructor outside recognised resort areas) • Off Piste Skiing / Snowboarding (within ski area boundaries of a recognised Ski Resort and following local Ski Patrol guidelines) • Reindeer Sledging (passengers only) • Ski Doing • Ski Run Walking • Ski Seasonaires • Ski Yawing • Skiing / Snowboarding • Sledging • Sledging (pulled by Horse or Reindeer as a passenger) • Snow Blading • Snow Bobbing • Snow Carting (up to 125cc) • Snow Decking • Snow Go Karting (up to 125cc) • Snow Kiting • Snow Mobilising • Snow Parascending • Snow Scooting • Snow Shoe Walking • Snow Tubing • Snow Zorbing • Snowboarding • Snowcat Driving • Snowcat Skiing • Tobogganing
Accepted Medical Conditions
Whilst our policies generally exclude pre-existing medical conditions, we have developed a list of medical conditions that we are happy to cover as standard. Please see the complete list of accepted medical conditions below for full details.
If you still have questions about our accepted medical conditions list, please contact us and we will answer any questions you might have.
The below conditions are covered provided that, in the last 12 months, you have not been referred to a specialist due to worsening or destabilization of the condition; you have never had any hospital admissions with the condition; you are not on a waiting list for treatment or surgery for the conditions; you are not awaiting the results of any tests or investigations about the condition; and you have not received a terminal prognosis.
- Allergies (limited to rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, eczema, food intolerance and hay fever)
- Asthma (providing it was diagnosed before the age of 50, and the insured person is taking/using no more than two medications/inhalers)
- Benign Positional Vertigo
- Coeliac Disease
- Corneal Graft
- Cystitis (provided it has not resulted in any kidney infections and you have had less than 3 infections in the last 12 months)
- Diabetes (providing there have been no complications such as impaired kidney function, heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, leg or foot ulcer, retinal damage, nerve damage, leg or foot amputation or liver damage)
- Dry Eyes Syndrome
- Eczema (provided no hospital visits in the last 12 months)
- Enlarged Prostate (benign only and provided it has not resulted in any bladder, kidney or urinary tract infection/problems)
- Gallbladder Removal (provided there were no complications and no ongoing treatment)
- Gastric Reflux
- Hay Fever
- Hiatus Hernia
- High Blood Pressure/Hypertension (provided it was diagnosed more than 6 months ago, there have been no changes to medication in the last 6 months, you take less than 2 medications and do not have high cholesterol)
- High Cholesterol (provided you do not also have high blood pressure)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hypotension/Low Blood Pressure (provided it is not associated with any underlying condition)
- Migraine (provided you have been prescribed medication for the condition and have had no change in medication in the last 6 months)
- Pernicious Anemia (provided any nerve damage does not interfere with daily activities and you can walk without aids)
- RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury)
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have taken part in Winter Sports before and may have had an injury or accident whilst taking part in Winter Sports, you must declare this when purchasing a policy.
We have several providers who can offer travel insurance, including Winter Sports and if you have a pre-existing medical condition which is not on the list of accepted medical conditions above.
We can provide cover for winter sports if you have already travelled and not taken out Travel Insurance or your policy has expired.
When you go through the quote process, you must say YES to Already Travelled.
You can include Winter Sports on a Single Trip and Long Stay policy.
We can offer cover for Winter Sports if you live in a European or EEA country. Please select the country in which you are Resident during the quote process.
We can also cover Pre-Existing Medical Conditions if you are a Resident in a European country.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us at +33 (0)1273 092 757 / firstname.lastname@example.org