Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Winter Sports Travel Insurance covers you whilst you enjoy the snow and navigate your way down the slopes on skis or a snowboard. We cover a range of Winter Sports Sports / Activities, from Ski Touring and
Winter Sports Travel Insurance covers you whilst you enjoy the snow and navigate your way down the slopes on skis or a snowboard.
Our cover includes Medical Expenses and Repatriation cover as well as Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance for Medical Emergencies.
Since we know your Ski Equipment is important to you, we cover that as well (including hired equipment) for loss, theft or damage.
To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 / email@example.com
- Summary of Cover
- Off Piste Cover
- Safety Advice
- Global Health Insurance Card
- What Winter Sports do we cover?
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
- European Resident or Already Travelled
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£1,000||£3,000||£7,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000||£10,000,000||£10,000,000|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|End Supplier Failure||£1,500||£1,500||£1,500|
|Overseas Return Quarantine||Included||Included||Included|
|Hire of Ski Equipment||£250||£250||£250|
*The Gadget Cover can be added to the quote page at an additional premium.
**The Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance are covered under Medical and Repatriation Terms.
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy offered by JS Travel Insurance.
This Winter Sports Travel Insurance is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Off Piste Cover
If you are planning to go off-piste you must make sure that you are with a Professional Guide / Instructor within recognised Resort Boundaries.
The definition of off-piste in our policy wording is ‘Skiing / Snowboarding on pistes which are unmarked and ungroomed within Resort Boundaries that are considered safe by Resort Management. Where ski lifts and emergency services are easily accessible and end back at a ski area lift. Not including backcountry or areas marked or prohibited from entry.
For Off-Piste without a Guide but not against local advice, you can get a quote through our partners.
Skiing / Snowboarding Off Piste (without a Guide) if you are off-piste within the ski area boundaries of a recognised Ski Resort that is patrolled then it is not a requirement to be accompanied by a guide or instructor) and in areas that Local Resort Management consider being safe.
You will need to select Winter Sports.
This policy will provide cover up to the age of 65 years (Essential) and 75 years (Premier and Premier Plus).
These policies will cover Personal Liability and Personal Accident.
Winter Sports are inherently risky by nature: sleep slopes, slippery surfaces, decreased visibility caused by snow and cold temperatures.
You can substantially reduce the risk of collisions and subsequent injuries by proper planning and preparation, good equipment and some common sense.
Protect your Eyes
You should use either Goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and any branches or stones that you might encounter whilst Skiing.
Dress in Warm Clothing
You are advised to wear more than one layer of clothing and always wear a hat and gloves. Purchasing some thermal clothing that keeps the heat is highly recommended.
Know your Limits
Be aware of the demands of the activity and know your physical limitations. Beginners are at increased risk and should follow the advice of an instructor where necessary.
Experienced skiers should stick to the slopes which suit their ability. Always resign for a rest if your body is tired.
Follow Good Piste Etiquette
Give way to those who are in front or below you to reduce the chance of potential accidents or injuries to both yourself and others
Global Health Insurance Card
The GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) replaced the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) on the 1st of January 2021.
You can use this card to access medical healthcare abroad. This includes state healthcare including emergency treatment, treatment for existing medical conditions, routine maternity care, oxygen therapy, kidney treatment and many more healthcare requirements.
Please Note This is not a substitute for Travel Insurance for Winter Sports, as there are restrictions on the cover and you might have to pay some costs. It is important to note that this card will not cover Repatriation.
What Winter Sports do we cover?
You can select the Winter Sports you need to cover when getting a quote. You can add more than one if you are planning to do multiple sports or activities. Here are some of the choices available:
• Chalet Rep / Host • Cross Country Skiing • Dog Sledging • Dry Slope Skiing • Dry Slope Snowboarding • Glacier Skiing • Glacier Walking • Ice Hockey (Full Body Protection) • Ice Skating (Rink Only) • Off Piste Skiing / Snowboarding (with a professional guide/instructor outside recognised resort areas) • Off Piste Skiing / Snowboarding (within ski area boundaries of a recognised Ski Resort and following local Ski Patrol guidelines) • Reindeer Sledging (passengers only) • Ski Doing • Ski Run Walking • Ski Seasonaires • Ski Yawing • Skiing / Snowboarding • Sledging • Sledging (pulled by Horse or Reindeer as a passenger) • Snow Blading • Snow Bobbing • Snow Carting (up to 125cc) • Snow Decking • Snow Go Karting (up to 125cc) • Snow Kiting • Snow Mobilising • Snow Parascending • Snow Scooting • Snow Shoe Walking • Snow Tubing • Snow Zorbing • Snowboarding • Snowcat Driving • Snowcat Skiing • Tobogganing
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have Pre Existing Medical Condition(s), it is essential to share this information to ensure your potential future claims are valid.
Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance policy for Winter Sports can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine - additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you or anyone on this policy are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.
European Resident or Already Travelled
Globelink International offers Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip policies if you live in another European country and you will be taking part in Winter Sports.
This policy will also cover you if you have already left your home country and are already travelling and need to take out a policy for the rest of your trip.
Please read the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.