Ski Seasonaire Travel Insurance
Whether you plan to Ski or Snowboard all day or work in a Ski Chalet, Restaurant or Bar Work, these policies will also cover you for your leisure time and any recreational Skiing or Snowboarding you plan to do on your time off. Example Premiums Summary of Cover Off Piste Cover
Whether you plan to Ski or Snowboard all day or work in a Ski Chalet, Restaurant or Bar Work, these policies will also cover you for your leisure time and any recreational Skiing or Snowboarding you plan to do on your time off.
- Example Premiums
- Summary of Cover
- Off Piste Cover
- Gadget Cover
- Valuables Cover (e.g. Laptops)
- Important Benefits
- Seasonaire FAQs
- Do We Cover Ski & Snowboard Instructors?
- Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
3 months £199.00
4 months £239.00
5 months £289.00
6 months £329.00
3 months £359.00
4 months £499.00
5 months £599.00
6 months £699.00
This policy does not cover Ski Instructors (on a course of qualified and teaching). To get a quote for this visit our webpage: Ski Instructor Travel Insurance
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Seasonaire|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£2,500|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation||£10,000,000|
|Hire of Ski Equipment||£250|
Please read the Policy Wording of this policy offered by JS Travel Insurance.
This Seasonaire Travel Insurance is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited (Red Sands), registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.
Off Piste Definition for these Policies
Off-piste must always be with a professional guide/instructor within recognised resort areas.
Definition of off-piste in our wording is ‘Skiing on pistes which are un-marked and ungroomed within resort boundaries that are considered safe by resort management, where ski lifts and emergency services are easily accessible and ending back at a ski area lift. Not including backcountry or areas marked or prohibited from entry
We can cover your Gadgets on this Seasonaire Travel Insurance for an extra £10.00.
Gadget(s) - means a handheld consumer electronic device such as Mobile Phones, Tablets, Kindles, SatNavs, Cameras, Camera Lenses, Camcorders, Smart Watches, Smart Glasses, Head Mounted Displays, Hand Held Games Consoles, Portable DVD Players, Headphones, Wireless Speakers, MP3 Players and iPods.
- No cover for Laptop computers (however, this is covered under Valuables)
- No cover for Drones.
- No cover for loss or theft where you have left your equipment unattended unless the equipment was locked up securely in your accommodation, or locked in a boot of a vehicle left between 6.00 am and 11.00 pm local time where entry was gained by violent and forcible means.
- Cover Seasonaires in Europe and Worldwide for up to 6 months
- No restriction on time spent in any one place, you can visit as many countries as you wish or just stay in one for the whole trip. We can always change the areas that you have selected during the life of the policy.
- Gadget Cover including Mobile Phones.
- 24 hours Multi-Lingual Emergency Assistance Helpline.
1. Is Repatriation covered by these policies?
All of our policies cover Repatriation back to your home country. This benefit is part of Medical Expenses.
Some of the reasons for Repatriation are due to medical treatment not being available in your location or the Emergency Assistance Company considering it to be necessary for you to be returned to your home for further treatment.
You should check the full Terms and Conditions of the policy that you are purchasing for any exclusions and details of Repatriation cover.
2. What happens if I require Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance?
In most cases, we recommend that the Emergency Assistance Company is contacted either at the time of the incident or shortly thereafter (within 72 hours) so that they can approve the Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance.
This may not be possible in some cases if it is a life-threatening rescue.
We suggest that you provide your policy details and contact details of the Emergency Assistance Company to those you are travelling with or your Employer if you are working in the Resort so they can call on your behalf if necessary.
Do We Cover Ski or Snowboard Instructors?
This Ski Seasonaire Policy will not cover Ski or Snowboarding Instructors (whether in training or qualified).
However, we do have a Special Adventures Policy which will cover Ski Instructor Courses and qualified Instructors.
To get a quote, visit our webpage: Ski Instructor Travel Insurance
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover
Our JS Travel Insurance policy for a Ski Season can cover you provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation - when medically necessary, if you or anyone on this policy contracts COVID-19 whilst abroad.
- Cancellation Cover - if you or anyone on this policy are unable to travel because you have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
- Curtailment Cover - if your trip is cut short if you or anyone on this policy becomes ill with Covid-19.
- Overseas Return Quarantine - additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you or anyone on this policy are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.