0800 043 0020
Welcome toJS Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance > Sports & Activities > Quad Biking Travel Insurance

Important Information About Our Policies and COVID-19

Quad Biking Travel Insurance Quote

Loading Calculator

Quad Biking Travel Insurance

If you are planning a trip and you will be riding a Quad Bike up to 125cc engine, you will need to purchase a Travel Insurance policy before your leave your home. You must have an UK Driving Licence to drive a Quad Bike. To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757

Read More..

If you are planning a trip and you will be riding a Quad Bike up to 125cc engine, you will need to purchase a Travel Insurance policy before your leave your home.

You must have an UK Driving Licence to drive a Quad Bike.

To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 support@jsinsurance.co.uk

Summary of Cover

Section & Cover Silver Gold Platinum
Cancellation or Curtailment £1,000 £3,000 £7,500
Medical Expenses and Repatriation £10,000,000 £10,000,000 £10,000,000
Personal Property £1,000 £1,500 £4,000
Laptop Cover £500 £500 £500
Gadget Cover* £1,000 £1,000 £1,000
Personal Money £150 £500 £750
Delayed Departure £100 £1,000 £1,000
Missed Departure £250 £500 £1,000
Legal Expenses £25,000 £25,000 £25,000
Schedule Airline Failure £1,500 £1,500 £1,500
End Supplier Failure £1,500 £1,500 £1,500
Overseas Return Quarantine Included Included Included
Standard Excess** £100 £50 £35

*Gadget Cover can be added on the quote page at an additional premium.

**Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.

Please read the full Policy Wording of this policy provided by JS Travel Insurance.

Quad Biking Travel Insurance policy is underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited (Red Sands), registered in Gibraltar under number 87598, registered office at Level 3, Ocean Village Business Centre, 23 Ocean Village Promenade, Gibraltar. Licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Financial Services Act 2019 of Gibraltar.

Quad Biking above 125cc Engine

If you are planning a trip and you will be using a Quad Bike which has an engine size that is larger than 125cc. We can provide cover for this.

If you are on Public Roads you will need a UK Driving Licence.

If it is Off Road Quad Biking and Tour Operated trip, then there is no need to have a UK Licence and children can ride a quad bike on their own.

Please select: Quad Biking / Trekking (recerational use only - no racing)


Please Note: We can cover just the day or days that you will be Quad Biking, if you already have a Travel Insurance policy in place. When getting a quote and purchasing a policy, you must take out Adventures Party A Only, so the cover is valid for just the Quad Biking day(s).

Quad Biking Travel Insurance FAQs

If I am injured whilst Quad Biking, am I covered for medical treatment?

Yes, we would cover medical expenses (up to £10m) as well as repatriation back to the UK, if you are injured whilst Quad Biking.

Is Personal Liability and Personal Accident covered with this Quad Biking Travel Insurance policy?

No, we are unable to offer Personal Liability or Personal Accident (Death, Loss of Limb / Sight, Permanent Total Disablement Compensation) with this policy.

What UK Driving Licence do I need to have to drive a Quad Bike?

It is a requirement that the person who is driving the Quad Bike has a UK Driving Licence.

What if I am a passenger and not driving the Quad Bike itself?

We can provide cover as a passenger, you do not to have to have a UK Driving Licence.

What if I am Off Road Quad Biking, can I get cover?

Yes, our Adventure policy will provide cover for Off Road Quad Biking as long as you are within a Tour Operated trip and children on the trip do not need to have a UK Licence and they can ride a Quad Bike on their own.

Must I have wear a helmet whilst Quad Biking?

Yes, at all times you must be wearing a helmet (including as a passenger) if you are on a Quad Bike.

Popular Areas for Quad Biking

Quad Biking is a popular sport that can be enjoyed all over the world. There are many places all over the United Kingdom where Quad Biking can be done, including the Lake District, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Aberdeen and Bristol.

It can also be done across Europe in countries such as Greece, France, Italy and Spain, among other countries.

Also, places such as Thailand, New Zealand and Australia, in a number of different areas, are all popular destinations for the sport.

Quad bikes can also be rented whilst on holiday and are a popular form of transport for exploring the area you are visiting.

If you are going on a Quad Biking holiday or want to go Quad Biking whilst you are travelling, it is vitally important that you are properly covered with the right Travel Insurance before you leave.

Common Injuries

Quad Biking is an extreme sport and thus carries with it many risks of injuries and even fatalities. For this reason, Travel Insurance is essential, and sometimes literally life saving, if you are considering partaking in the sport when on holiday.

As Quad Biking is an all terrain activity, there is the risk of being thrown off your Quad Bike if it hits a pothole or some other bump in the road. Quad Bikes can also be difficult to handle and can overturn easily.

Quad Biking Equipment

Two things are necessities when Quad Biking: the Quad Bike itself and a Helmet.

You should never, ever go on a Quad Biking trip without wearing a Helmet. Additional protective gear would be a good idea too this gear may include gloves, a jacket, padded clothing and protective (sun) glasses.

Pre Existing Medical Conditions

If you have pre existing medical conditions and you plan to drive a Quad Bike (up to 125cc) whilst travelling abroad, we are able to provide you with a policy.

On the quote page you need to select Hazardous Activity Pack B.


Please check the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.

Covid-19 / Coronavirus Cover

Our Quad Biking Travel Insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination and it is not on the red list.

All customers must follow the advice of the FCDO at the time of travel and for the duration of their trip. This includes returning to the UK if the FCDO changes their travel advice based on the risks presented at the time. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

  • Medical Expenses and Repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad.
  • Cancellation if you are unable to travel because you contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of your departure date. This includes a positive pre-travel test.
  • Overseas Return Quarantine: Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.

European Resident or Already Travelled

Globelink International offers Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip policies if you live in another European country.

This policy will also cover you if you have already left your home country and are already travelling and taking part in Abseiling and you need a policy that covers you for the rest of your trip.

After you have chosen your insurance option, you will be asked to add EXTRA OPTIONS.

Please make sure you select Hazardous Pursuits Category 3 so that you are covered for Quad Biking.


Please read the Policy Wording for any Restrictions or Exclusions.

Travel Insurance Toolkit

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption