Quad Biking Travel Insurance
JS Travel Insurance provides comprehensive Quad Biking Travel Insurance with no restrictions on CC Engine Size, including Emergency Medical Expenses, Repatriation back to the UK, and more. You must have a UK Driving Licence to drive a Quad Bike (no license is needed for Passengers, but the cover is required) To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043…
JS Travel Insurance provides comprehensive Quad Biking Travel Insurance with no restrictions on CC Engine Size, including Emergency Medical Expenses, Repatriation back to the UK, and more.
You must have a UK Driving Licence to drive a Quad Bike (no license is needed for Passengers, but the cover is required)
To contact us by telephone or email, 0800 043 0020 / 01273 092 757 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Cover
- Quad Biking Travel Insurance FAQs
- Quad Biking Annual Multi-Trip Benefits
- Safety Guidelines when Hiring and Riding a Quad Bike
- Safest Rental Quad Bikes
- Popular Areas for Quad Biking
Summary of Cover (per person)
|Section & Cover||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Emergency Medical and Repatriation*||£5,000,000||£5,000,000||£5,000,000|
|Cancellation or Curtailment*||-||£3,000||£7,500|
|Loss of Passport*||-||£300||£500|
|Missed Departure / Connection||-||£500||£500|
*Excess payable does vary depending on the claim benefit.
Please read the Policy Wording for the complete list of Benefits.
Healix Insurance Services Ltd, on behalf of Hamilton Insurance DAC, arranges this Travel Insurance policy for Jade Stanley Ltd. Healix Insurance Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 5484190 and authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 437248. Hamilton Insurance DAC is registered in Ireland No. 484148, approved by the Central Bank of Ireland, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with their UK branch. Jade Stanley Ltd is registered in England and Wales under No. 03570857 and authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under No. 306205.
Quad Biking Travel Insurance FAQs
1. Am I covered for Medical Treatment if I am injured whilst Quad Biking?
Yes, we would cover Emergency Medical Expenses (up to £5m) and repatriation back to the UK if you are injured whilst Quad Biking.
All policies come with a 24/7 Emergency Assistance line, which you can find in your policy pack.
2. Are Personal Liability and Personal Accidents covered with this Quad Biking Travel Insurance policy?
No! We cannot cover any Personal Liability or Personal Accident (Death, Loss of Limb / Sight, Permanent Total Disablement Compensation) for any motorized vehicle.
Quad Bike hire shops should hold a Liability Insurance policy; you should request to see the policy or look for one on the premises before hiring the quad bike.
3. Am I restricted by a CC Engine Size on this policy?
There are no restrictions to the CC Engine Size on this travel insurance policy; you can ride any Quad Bike Engine Size you wish, as long as you hold an appreciated UK driving license.
4. What Driving Licence do I need to drive a Quad Bike?
You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence to be covered to drive the Quad Bike.
Ensure the hire shop requests your License before hiring and riding.
5. If I am a pillion (passenger) on the Quad Bike, do I still need to obtain a policy?
Yes! If you are a passenger, you must still obtain a policy. However, you do not have to have a UK Driving Licence.
6. What if I am Off Road Quad Biking? Can I get cover?
Yes, this policy covers Off Road Quad Biking on a tour-operated day excursion for Quad trekking and on dunes.
Children on the trip do not need to have a UK Licence as long as they are a passenger.
7. Do I have to wear a helmet to be covered for riding a Quad Biking?
You must always wear a helmet (including as a passenger) on a Quad Bike.
8. Can I get an Annual policy that includes Quad Biking?
If you travel every year and hire a quad bike, then it's a good idea to hold an Annual Multi-Trip policy, including quad biking, as you know it will be covered and save you the hassle of taking out a single trip policy every time. It will often work out cheaper.
Find out more below in the Quad Biking Annual Multi Trip Benefits section.
9. Does this policy cover me for any damages to the quad bike whilst riding or when stationary?
No, the policy will not cover any damages that arise whilst riding the quad bike or when the quad is stationary; you will need to deal with the local hire shop directly.
Before hiring, take photos of the quad and any visible damages you can see beforehand.
10. Does this policy cover me for motorcycling?
This Quad Bike cover will not cover hiring or riding a motorcycle on your holiday; you will need to find a separate policy to cover you for this. We can cover this via our provider, Voyager Travel Insurance.
Quad Biking Annual Multi-Trip Benefits
If you travel abroad every year and hire a quad bike to view the local area, getting an Annual Multi-Trip Policy to cover this may be a good idea.
31-Day Maximum Trip Length Days: Our Annual policies include a Maximum trip length of 31 days per trip and will allow you to do unlimited quad biking.
Convenience: An annual Travel Insurance policy, including the Quad Biking, will save you time and means you don't need to keep taking out single trip policies every time you travel; it means you can be covered for 12 months.
Cost Effective: If you take multiple trips per year, obtaining an annual multi-trip policy is often more cost-effective; you can roll a Travel Insurance policy in with quad biking, so all is covered.
Peace of Mind: An Annual Travel Insurance policy including quad biking will give you peace of mind; it means you know you are already covered and can book multiple trips and that there is emergency medical cover if any accidents arise when travelling or quad biking.
Safety Guidelines when hiring and riding a Quad Bike
- Ensure the hire shop holds an appropriate Personal Liability policy before hiring the Quad Bike.
- Show the hire shop your full UK driver's License before hiring and ensure they are happy with it.
- Make sure the quad bike is in good condition and working order.
- Ensure the hire shop gives you a full induction to the quad bike you are hiring and how it all works.
- Before you ride the quad away from the forecourt, take images of any visible damages you can see in case they question you on your return.
- Ensure they give you the correct helmet size and that you always wear it.
- Ensure you have listened to your induction and understand how the quad bike works.
- You must make sure you ride with a helmet and appropriate quad biking safety equipment at all times.
- Make sure you drive at a safe speed, be that experienced or first-timer.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times; it's not always you that can cause a crash.
- Be prepared for an emergency, make sure you have a number stored for whom you need to contact and save the 24/7 emergency assistance line which comes with your policy pack.
- Be prepared if you break down, and make sure you know who to contact in this situation.
- Ensure you feel confident on the quad bike and return it to the shop otherwise.
Safest Rental Quad Bikes
The type of Quad Bikes rented on holiday can vary based on location; most commonly, they are sized from 125cc to 250cc.
125cc quad bikes are the safest as they are less powerful, have less speed, and are easier to control; however, they are not suitable for everyone, especially if you have no experience riding.
250cc quad bikes are more powerful, offering more speed, and can handle more challenging terrain; they require a lot more skill when riding
Here are some of the safest quad bikes that are rented on holiday:
Polaris Sportsman 500: Although it's the largest and most powerful model out of the 3, it's one of the safest due to its multiple safety features, such as the four-wheel drive system, roll cage, and wide stance to prevent rollovers.
Yamaha Kodiak 400: This quad is more powerful than the Honda Fourtrax and is equipped with safety features such as a roll cage and a four-wheel drive system; although more powerful, it's easy to control.
Honda Fourtrax 250: A good choice for inexperienced riders, it is relatively easy to operate and known for its reliability and durability.
Popular Areas for Quad Biking
Quad bikes can also be rented whilst on holiday and are a popular form of transport for exploring the area you are visiting. Ensure the establishment you hire the Quad Bike form provides you with Liability Insurance.
If you are going on a Quad Biking holiday or want to go Quad Biking while travelling, you must be adequately covered with the right Travel Insurance before you leave.